Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Grand Minister Dyma Alcel
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Faction : Koine Telos
Location : Blood & Thunder, Brachialis-type freighter, KT space

Character sheet
Faction: Other
Species: Human
http://tilde.town/~nikolojedison

Yaihi'l-class Destroyer Empty Yaihi'l-class Destroyer

Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:01 pm
Yaihi'l-class Destroyer
Inspiration comes from the famed Star Destroyers and a bunch of ships from the Elite video games (which I have not played but intend to once my computer can run the newest one Razz).

Files:

Top:

Side:

Rear:

Front:

LXF:

Stats:
Armament:
18x Mk. 1 Energy Batteries
13x Mk. 1 Alke Railguns
10x Mk. 2 MLS
1x Mk. 1 OLEP
3x Mk. 2 OLEP

Defenses:
.5m hexacore composite armour
2-layer molecular shielding system, no backup

Drives:
1x Alcel BAR-C
1x standard Alcel slipspace drive (550 ly/day)

Dimensions:
310 metres long
180 metres wide
80 metres tall

Description:
After a bout of new technological advances, engineers at Alcel realised the battered & gutted Buurenorar-class ship they held at the yards for testing wouldn't be able to hold itself together much longer. The Yaihi'l-class was designed to be stuffed to the brim with fresh tech, and is easily refitted to allow the adoption of new discoveries.
Currently in the way of shiny bits, however, it carries three of the best energy projectors available - the Mark 2 OLEP - alongside 10 of the new Mark 2 Missile Launch Systems. Most of the interior of the ship is stuffed with generators to meet the brutal power requirements of the Mark 2, and any extra energy gleaned from the molecular shielding network is fed to the OLEP systems. The venerable Alke railguns and Mk. 1 Energy Batteries still have their place on the Yaihi'l... for now.

Last edited by nikolojedison on Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:08 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : herp de derp)
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Khent-sa

Yaihi'l-class Destroyer Empty Re: Yaihi'l-class Destroyer

Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:14 pm
Hmmmm... nice. Not as good as your usual stock, I must say- the design is just a relatively simple SNOT triangle with normal bricks on the top and bottom- but it's still overall pretty good. My main two concerns are the height (it's perhaps a teench too tall IMHO) and the detail (perhaps a bit cluttered?).
Lord Admiral Ariklego
Lord Admiral Ariklego
Lord Admiral (MSI)
Lord Admiral (MSI)
Faction : Minotaur Space Imperium; Greylark Provincial Navy
Location : New Carradock, Imperial Core Territories, MSI Space

Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:18 pm
http://www.gamersglobal.de/sites/gamersglobal.de/files/galerie/6103/elite_Group_080114.jpg

So is this ^ basically your inspiration? Whatever the case, looks good! Kinda Star Destroyer-reminiscent.
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)
Faction : United Federation of Planets

Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:46 pm
Even tho it's a bit small compared to actual Star Destroyers, this looks like it has a strong bite either way!
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Lord Commandant (MSI)

Character sheet

Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:50 pm
@Tetra: It isn't supposed to be good so much as it is an ungainly chunk of metal thrown together to do weapons testing. Razz I've partially rationalized the bulging underside to myself as part of the reactor systems... I should probably mention that in the OP.

@Arik: Yup. It's a little bigger than the Elite ships, and not as merchant-y, but I think if it had ended up looking more like one of those it would seem less like something I made.
As for Star Destroyer looks, I thought about adding a bridge to it, but I didn't really like the shape it had... and the impractability - it's like saying, "Here, come shoot this!" Razz

@Talmid: And a bite it has. Once I get my other tech updated, I'll refit this so it has completely second generation (at least, for me) weapons, and it'll have an even bigger bite. Twisted Evil
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : De-Factioned

Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:23 pm
When you do your side and front and rear views and extcetera, you should make them front with a slight tilt to the side and up or a side picture being with a slight tilt to the front/rear and up, it helps to make out detail alot better.
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Lord Commandant (MSI)

Character sheet

Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:01 am
Thanks, Ant. I'll keep that in mind for my future ships.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum