Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aay'han-class Corvette/Destroyer

+3
Lord General Spud
Johnnyred
Grand Minister Dyma Alcel
7 posters
Go down
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Faction : Koine Telos
Location : Blood & Thunder, Brachialis-type freighter, KT space

Character sheet
Faction: Other
Species: Human
http://tilde.town/~nikolojedison

Aay'han-class Corvette/Destroyer Empty Aay'han-class Corvette/Destroyer

Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:56 pm
Aay'han-class Corvette/Destroyer
Mk. I Corvette

Files
Main View:

Underside:

Side:

The view you never wanna see:

LXF:

Stats:

Armament:
1x Orbital-level Energy Projector (OLEP)
13x Mk 1 Energy Batteries

Complement: 6 fighters, 3 rapid-deploy shuttles

Defenses:
150 cm hexacore composite with multiple layer stealth ablative coating
Multi-level energy shield network with backup generators

Dimensions: 400 metres long, 120 metres wide, 70 metres tall

Description: The Aay'han-class Corvette is the first design to come out of the offices of Alcel & Co. Its sweeping lines host a finely-tuned Slipspace drive, a triad of reactors, twin engines, and a fully equipped bridge (located in the centre of the bulbous nose, so as to prevent an easy destruction).
Sensors spread throughout the length of the craft tell the Shipmaster at the helm exactly what occurs onboard and within a 150,000km range on a multitude of spectrums. After the 150,000km limit the long-range sensor suite kicks in, and while it provides a lower-quality variety of data, it still is effective for the maneuvers the Aay'han-class often performs.

Mk. II Destroyer
Files:

Main View:

Underside:

LXF:

Stats:

Armament:
4x OLEP (2 angled downward for glassing runs, 2 angled forward for attacks)
18x Mk 1 Energy Batteries
6x Mk 1 missile launch tubes

Complement:
2x hangars with support systems for a total of 2 shuttles

Defenses:
.5m hexacore composite with multiple layer stealth ablative coating
3 level shield network with 2 backup generator units

Drives:
1x modified Alcel Slipspace Drive (1,250 ly/day)
2x Alcel SAS-C Engines

Dimensions: 435 metres long, 140 metres wide, 80 metres tall

Description: The Mk II Aay'han improves greatly on its predecessor. Hangar size is reduced in order to accommodate six reactors that power the ship's extensive systems (compared to the Mk I's three reactors). A second "glassing cannon" (slang for ventral-mounted OLEPs because of their common use in orbital bombardment) adds to the Mk II's firepower, further increased by the two additional OLEPs, increased energy batteries, and added missile launch tubes.
The Mk II Aay'han still shares some features with its predecessor, however, such as the sensor suite and protective bridge placement.

Last edited by nikolokaidon on Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:38 pm; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : woo update)
Johnnyred
Johnnyred
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
https://phoenixcommandgroup.rpg-board.net

Aay'han-class Corvette/Destroyer Empty Re: Aay'han-class Corvette/Destroyer

Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:37 pm
NICE! Very different feel than most of the ships from the PCG-Verse... very rounded, has a tiny hint of an organic feel to it like something from Andromeda or Farscape. Or something the Covenant would use. Very unique use of the ball joint piece as a weapons system.
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Lord Commandant (MSI)

Character sheet

Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:26 am
Johnnyred wrote:NICE!  Very different feel than most of the ships from the PCG-Verse... very rounded, has a tiny hint of an organic feel to it like something from Andromeda or Farscape.  Or something the Covenant would use.  Very unique use of the ball joint piece as a weapons system.

Thanks, Cap'n Jonnyred. I initially was going after a Covenant styling & colouring, but Jace can attest to how well Lego does that colour palette. Razz I really like the big, sweeping curves the Covvies have, but there's other design styles out there that intrigue me too, so I don't really know what may come next. Wink
As for the ball joints, I wanted something unique that fitted in with the roundedness of the design, so I tried it out.
Lord General Spud
Lord General Spud
Lord General (MSI)
Lord General (MSI)
Faction : Minotaur Space Imperium

Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:47 am
Not bad, not bad at all! Like J-red said, the rounded look is really great. The large slope bricks make a interesting contrast with the jagged fin plates. Those guns are very nice, too. Great work!
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)
Faction : United Federation of Planets

Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:22 pm
It's definitely very curvacious and rounded out, but not in the likeness of '40s automobiles, more like '50s - a great combination of shapes! Very Happy I like it. Ball joints as weapons is unusual but I can get used o it. Again, I like this ship, it is very nice! Smile
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : De-Factioned

Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:57 pm
Not bad for a first ship, I like it! Again, like jonneh said, it struck me as feeling like a covenant ship. Razz Kojan posted a complete ldd color pallete somewheres around the forum that has some colors not in the ldd color selection, IDK where on the forum it is though. Razz
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Khent-sa

Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:40 pm
Very nice entry-level ship, Niko! Way better than when I started, that's for sure... *shudders remembering the Titon....*

The design is slightly basic, but I really like the organic-esque curvy design; similar to the Covenant, like the other said (though I don't play much Halo myself, so that wasn't my first thought Razz).

That said, there are a few minor issues. Firstly, you didn't provide an .lxf file, nor that many pictures; please, do try to get to that. Secondly, the stats: I have no idea what they mean. Razz For exapmle: 15 meters of armor? I assume that's not ST armor, since that rarely comes in more than a few inches- officially, anyway (realistically, I suspect that most PCG ships should carry more than tiny, several-hundred-year-old exploration cruisers that mainly relied on their shields Razz) Regardless, though, that's extremely excessive for a 400-meter ship, which leads me to believe it's some kind of Halo-derived tech. Along a similar vein is the weaponry: What's an orbital-level projector? How powerful are heavy lasers here?

...basically, what I'm saying is that I don't understand your tech at all. If you could provide some explanation, I would be quite grateful. Razz Other than that tech nitpicking, though, this is a spectacular first design. Great job! Razz

Ant- I assume you mean this: https://phoenixcommandgroup.rpg-board.net/t138-ldd-complete-color-chart Razz
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:54 pm
@MM: yes, I meant that. Razz

@nik: yes, ST ships usualy only have a few inches, but they're notorious for being underpowered compared to other sci-fi universes. Razz 15 meters does still seem a bit excessive though. I would agree with MM, you should provide an .lxf, but this is coming from me, I odn't think I've uploaded a single .lxf yet. Razz
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:20 pm
Excellent first foray into the PCG-verse! Not playing Halo (save a  a friend's house) myself, Covenant didn't come to mind, but I can absolutely see it. 

Others have pretty well covered the stats, design, armor, etc, but one thing struck me. Sensor range. Star Trek ships have been known to engage at ranges of around 100,000 kilometers or more, since the 2200's. (We're currently in the year 2606.) So I think that a MUCH greater range, say 150,000-250,000 km, would make more sense than 1,000 km. 

Otherwise, great build!
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:30 pm
yes, but they always show them engaging at closer ranges, because otherwise you can fit all the cool special effects in without the ships just being tiny little dust specks on the screen. Razz
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Lord Commandant (MSI)

Character sheet

Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:11 pm
@Everyone:
Thanks! I'll upload the .lxf shortly.

@Spud: The jaggedness wasn't planned at all, I just wanted to have a quicker slope in the back & keep it from getting too chunky. Razz

@Tetra & Ant: The armour of Covvie ships in Halo isn't often specified, I was going off of the shield of a Hunter, which is supposed to be made of ship hull - and makes me realise that I meant 150 cm, not 15 m. Whoops. Razz
As far as the orbital energy projector, they were used in the Haloverse to glass the surface of planets - rather similar to SW's orbital bombardment, but with one massive, precise beam instead of a rain of turbolaser fire. My intended use would be to have the Aay'han drop out of slip above a ship, installation, or city, and use the beam to cut on through. It uses massive amounts of power, though, preventing the existence of many other energy-based weapons... which brings me to the heavy lasers. These are about the equivalent of a turbolaser - and if it was accurate Covenant tech, would be plasma instead of lasers, but I've heard rumblings about the actual effectiveness of plasma. Razz
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:19 pm
Plasma is still effective if used properly and the correct rules of physics are ignored, which is important for jsut about any sci-fi tech. Razz
Lord General Spud
Lord General Spud
Lord General (MSI)
Lord General (MSI)

Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:12 pm
Plasma has other uses besides weapons, too. All Narkova Drive Yards vessels are equipped with plasma drives. These propulsion systems turn a gas into a plasma, then use insulated superconducting electromagnets to shove the plasma out through a small opening, producing amazing amounts of thrust. On paper it doesn't seem like it would provide a whole lot of oomph compared to, say, a Star Trek impulse engine, but anything is possible in sci-fi. Razz There must be something to then, though, because NASA is currently developing a working plasma drive to be equipped on future manned spacecraft bound for Mars and/or Jupiter's moon Europa.

Just some off-topic science talk for ya. Very Happy
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:12 pm
Star Trek impulse engines are pretty much the same thing, save that they use a subspace field for greater speed, and they use the plasma to power other systems as well. But they're still very similar. 

Also, Trek follows... well... physics that may or may not actually work in the real world. Don't worry TOO much about accuracy to reality. Razz 

Star Trek Online also uses plasma beam weapons, so I'd feel safe using them.
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Lord Commandant (MSI)

Character sheet

Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:18 pm
*tips hat* Thanks, Spud, Ant and Dino. I'll remember that for future ships.
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:25 pm
You built the ship, we just hijacked the topic talking about plasma through-out sci-fi.
Lord General Spud
Lord General Spud
Lord General (MSI)
Lord General (MSI)

Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:36 pm
^Hehe, sorry 'bout that. At least we recognized it this time and didn't let the conversation spiral out into the farthest reaches of the galaxy like we sometimes do. Razz

Also, you're welcome, Niko. Can we call you Niko? Very Happy
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Lord Commandant (MSI)

Character sheet

Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:44 pm
Yeah, feel free to call me Niko. And as a reward for not completely derailing the thread (Razz), a sneak peek at what I'm working on:

Spoiler:
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:50 pm
affraid Aay'han-class Corvette/Destroyer 547843959

That's AWESOME!
Lord General Spud
Lord General Spud
Lord General (MSI)
Lord General (MSI)

Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:49 pm
Ooo, that looks promising! Can't wait to see the finished product!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum