Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : ICS

Pisces Class Corvette Empty Pisces Class Corvette

Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:36 am
Pisces Class Corvette Pisces10

LXF: http://www.us.lego.com/en-us/gallery/2c1b336e-01cd-40d4-9c87-d196df53f6a9?index=1&categoryId=64929898-C52F-49D8-B106-C0C36314093C

The Pisces Class Corvette is the latest warship in the PXE's naval arsenal. Though lacking not as powerful as the Virgo Class Frigate, it is more powerful than the Nirvo'Kor Class "Destroyer". (corvette or frigate would have been a better classification Razz) The Pisces replaces the Nirvo'Kor as the primary fast attack and stealth warship though current Nirvo'Kor's will continue production due to their versatility.

The Pisces is like the Defiant of PXE. Though lacking somewhat (very much) in standard armament and fighter complement, it makes up with its four missile pods, each one carrying a ASM-16 anti-ship missile. A CG-2 cloaking device is installed onboard the Pisces, which allows for limited stealth capabilities but also prevents the installation of a SG-1 hyperthermal shielding grid. This balances the Pisces, along with its cost and fighter complement.

As previously mentioned, its advanced cloaking device and addition of missiles make the Pisces very expensive. One Pisces costs almost as much as the more consistent and versatile Virgo Class Frigate. Nevertheless, the Pisces is becoming more and more common, due to its advanced stealth capabilities and decent firepower. In addition, the Pisces has very high sublight speeds that are much faster than the Virgo or Nirvo'Kor and can maintain its speed for a long period of time. The Pisces is an excellent interceptor and is therefore often seen in patrol fleets.

The Pisces is decently armed for a ship its size. Though seriously lacking in armaments compared to the Nirvo'Kor Class, the arsenal of ASM-16 Anti-Ship Missiles make up for this problem. The Pisces is equipped with a small amount of HTM-3s for anti-fighter defense. HTM-6s are located on the sides and stern for targeting enemy capital ships. But its most powerful weapons are the four rocket pods located near the center of the ship, with each winglet housing one ASM-16 anti-ship missile. Though smaller than a ASM-17 anti-ship missile (those mounted on the Centauri), it can cause serious and potentially lethal damage to an enemy corvette (this is extremely rare obviously, usually it's 1 with weapons' fire or two missiles alone) and aid larger ships with larger missiles in destroying much more massive capital ships. This proves the Pisces's extreme versatility.

Pisces Class Corvette Pisces10
Broadside, showing HTM-6 cannons

Pisces Class Corvette Pisces11
Starboard view, showing Missile Pods C and D

Due to the cost of the missiles and the cloaking device, the Pisces lacks large amounts of absorbic armor. A basic ASG-1 shielding grid is installed on the Pisces, but has extremely limited capabilities. In addition, the prototype Mk. 1 hyperthermal shielding grids are not featured on the Pisces, making it even more vulnerable. The Pisces relies more on its advanced CG-2 cloaking device which can deter not only normal detection systems, but thermalkinetic and isothermal detection systems.

In addition to stealth, the Pisces has another edge over larger capital ships: its high sublight speed. The Pisces is capable of pretty much outrunning any capital ship except maybe other corvettes. This allows the Pisces to take advantage of enemy blindspots, constantly harass enemies, and dodge enemy weapons fire. Additionally, the Pisces is an effective interceptor and can take down pirates that are usually in smaller vessels. However, its warp capabilities are not so impressive, with a Mk. 4 warp drive.

Pisces Class Corvette Pisces12
WPN-4s

Another weakness of the Pisces is its fighter complement. The Pisces can only carry four squadrons of fighters, capable of carrying only four squadrons of fighters. These are generally three squadrons of Phoenix Class Fighters and one squadron of Swallow Class Light Fighters.

Affiliation: PXE Navy

Class: Pisces

Roles: corvette, harassment vessel, advanced corvette, missile corvette, interceptor, patrol ship, light frigate

Armaments:
x4 HTM-3 anti-aircraft cannons
x19 HTM-6 heavy turrets
x4 ASM-16 anti-ship missiles

Defenses:
4.6 - 5.8 cm absorbic armor
ASG-1 standard shielding grid
CG-1 cloaking device

Warp Capabilities:
Mk. 4 drive: WF 8.9...

Warp Propulsion:
x2 WPN-4's

Sublight Propulsion
x2 SLPT-2's

Fighter Complement:
x3 squadrons Phoenix Class Fighters
x2 squadrons Swallow Class Light Fighters

Intelligent System(s):
SANDAS (based on PANS)
CNIS-1
CNIS-2
CNIS-3
CNIS-4
FIS-XXX*

Cost: 17.9 million SPXC (without missiles)

*indicates fleet designation

Sorry but I actually changed the ship a little after taking the pictures as I realized there were no launch bays for the fighters. Razz So it might look a bit different from the .lxf, but the changes are extremely minor. Wink

I also changed up the letter designations for everything so now they actually mean something. Razz

Doesn't it look like the little bro of the Centauri? Razz

I must say that I'm very happy with the greebling (well, for the ship's size anyway). I think I like the ship overall. The warp nacelles took nearly 30 minutes since I had to keep changing them lol.

Last edited by PXR on Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)
Faction : United Federation of Planets

Pisces Class Corvette Empty Re: Pisces Class Corvette

Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:48 am
That's a very detailed ship for its size, the greebling adds a lot of detail! Very Happy
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Khent-sa

Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:44 pm
I love it! It somehow seems both utilitarian and graceful at the same time- and it does'em bothwell, which is more than can be said for most ships! Plus, it isn't... erm, "tactically inclined"... as the rest of your ships, so I can't distract myself from it's epic-ness with my bickering. Razz

Great Job!
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:35 pm
@Talmid: Thanks!

@Mightyman: Thank you! And lol. Razz
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:31 pm
I must agree with Mightyman, it's a great, reasonably powerful, balanced ship. Well done! Very nice design! Very Happy
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:31 pm
@Dino: Thanks!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum