Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Starburst Class Corvette

+4
Tetrahedron
Johnnyred
Lord General Spud
Talmid
8 posters
Go down
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)
Faction : United Federation of Planets

Starburst Class Corvette Empty Starburst Class Corvette

Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:09 pm
Starburst Class Corvette 1RH7Y9v
Starburst Class Corvette HgfkboV

The Starburst Class Corvette is a small, agile craft with a lot of weaponry.  A full width impulse engine and a duo of streamlined nacelles at makes the 'Burst light on its feet and plenty fast in both sublight and warp velocities.  Warp 9.1 is the ship's top sustainable speed, with Warp 9.89 being its absolute terminal velocity.

As an offensive vessel, the 'Burst is armed with four phaser emitters on its dorsal hull, two small phaser strips at its sides on the ventral hull, and a phaser bank at each end.  A forward facing torpedo launcher is also mounted on the ventral hull.

For defenses, the 'Burst has a simple shield generator and some armor. (if you see smooth tiles on this ship, know that there be armor there)  Structural integrity is aplenty as the Starburst Class was built to be rigid and durable under a lot of stress, be it from crazy gravity or crazy weapons.

Starburst Class Corvette E4TIwiX
Starburst Class Corvette F7fOO2Z

Last edited by Talmid on Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lord General Spud
Lord General Spud
Lord General (MSI)
Lord General (MSI)
Faction : Minotaur Space Imperium

Starburst Class Corvette Empty Re: Starburst Class Corvette

Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:19 pm
Well, it sounds, great, but the pictures aren't loading for me, so I have no idea what it looks like. Very Happy
Johnnyred
Johnnyred
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Human
https://phoenixcommandgroup.rpg-board.net

Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:50 pm
I checked, by opening your post, I think it's postimage itself. It's been acting weird for me too. I've been using Imagur lately. You can do mass uploads there, then select "generate multiple links." Change the upload link to "BBCode for Forums" and the size to "Large thumbnail"." then copy and paste all the links. Should work fine then.
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)

Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:02 pm
Thanks guys, I'll go upload them on Imgur.

edit: Okay, try them now. Very Happy
Lord General Spud
Lord General Spud
Lord General (MSI)
Lord General (MSI)
Faction : Minotaur Space Imperium

Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:01 pm
Ah, there we go! It's nice! I've always liked small ships. Cruisers and frigates are great, but I've always been partial to the little guys. Razz This thing looks great! The only thing I'd do is try to round out the flatness up front a bit more. It seems too straight for a small, fast ship like this. But that's just me. Nice work!
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Khent-sa

Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:19 pm
For a small ship, it's just too stocky for my tastes; not to say the ship is bad (it's actually quite good), just a little bit too bulky.

But maybe that's just me. Razz
Kojan
Kojan
High Admiral (CIR)
High Admiral (CIR)
Faction : Caldera Imperial Republic

Character sheet
Faction:
Species: Human
https://phoenixcommandgroup.rpg-board.net/

Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:24 pm
While I like the size, this vessel just seems a little... flat to me, as if someone had taken in and put it in a press. Rounding out the top and bottom might fix this.
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : De-Factioned

Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:10 pm
And it needs bigger naccles. Razz
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : ICS

Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:07 am
I love the shape of it. Looks great! Only change I would make is to the very front; it looks kind of weird (IDK, I can't explain it), like it's not level. I also think the area from the bridge leading to the aft hull is a bit bulky, but other than that, great ship!
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:49 am
I like it! I think that the nacelles should be two studs longer, the front of the saucer is too square at the feont, it needs to be rounder IMO. And it seems too flat from the side view.

Don't get me wrong, I like it, I just think it needs a little work.
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)

Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:43 pm
From looking at the replies, the most major issues seen with the Starburst are in regards to its nacelles being too small or too short, and the ship looking too flat because it is too flat and because it is pretty squared off. Razz

The thing when I designed this ship though is I wanted a squared off look. I think I tend to like squarish, angled, flat, boxy things, probably because I grew up in and around cars from the '80s. Those cars are very boxy, angled, and squarish Razz

So I can gladly get to work on the nacelles, but if it's not a really big issue I'd like to keep the flat-ish square-ish look to it. Smile
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:30 pm
I can totally see this as an 80's car. Razz So, it is exactly what you wanted it to be. So there is no need to change it. Nice ship.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum