Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)
Faction : United Federation of Planets

Steamrunner Class Empty Steamrunner Class

Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:39 am
Steamrunner Class GetMedia
Steamrunner Class GetMediaSteamrunner Class GetMediaSteamrunner Class GetMedia

LDD File

I love starships. Be it the pre-Federation NX, the old school TOS Constitution, the Refit Constitution that looks like it's made of cardboard, the big Excelsior, the intermediary Ambassador, the iconic Galaxy, the replacement Sovereign, the warship Defiant, the intrepid.... well, Intrepid, AH, lalala all of them I love them!!!

AND I HATE THE STEAMRUNNER.

WHY???? you might ask.

BECAUSE IT HATES ME. MWAHAHAHAHAHA.

The Steamrunner has never been friendly to me. My first few Steamrunners looked like bloated lollipops with warp nacelles. Then I stared at Dino272727's Steamrunner for a long time before building a good looking one, the USS Chariot of Steam. Later, I made a better version with better phasers, the USS Jewel B, but then I lost the Jewel B's LXF file! Actually, it was just in a different folder than my main LDD file folder, and it still is, but I didn't know that!

So yeah, the Steamrunner hates me, and I hate it back.

Aside from that reason, I love it!

Anyways, the USS Chariot is my answer to my need for a more realistic Steamrunner. After I built the Jewel B and the Chariot of Steam, I was so fed up with the Steamrunner I felt they were good enough, and they were! So if it aint broke, don't fix it.

They were broke, as in, compared to my recent starships, they were just not true to their real-Star Trek versions enough.

So like I did with the Ambassador, I did with the Steamrunner.

Shown here is the USS Chariot!

What I did was I took the USS Chariot of Steam and the USS Jewel B, put them side by side, realized the Chariot of Steam was actually the more realistic model, and then spliced and diced it to get this. It now has lots of new surface details and a new deflector dish area.

The 'surface details' actually required some digging in, though.

I think there could be a bit more work done in the warp nacelles and the sides of the saucer, but whatever! It's good enough, again.

So that's the USS Chariot! Neglected but awesome enough to be awesome.

By the way, does anyone know what that area at the front of the saucer is?
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Steamrunner Class Empty Re: Steamrunner Class

Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:16 pm
Hmmmm nice! That's a Steamrunner to be sure! Such an unorthodox ship... so cool.. so hard to build.

As to mine, thanks for the credit, but I only did half of it. Razz I took the nacelles and deflector housing thingy from another (I think it was J-reds or inspired by) That's why it looks so good, the hard part wasn't mine. Razz

Front thing??? No clue. Hanger maybe? Perhaps sensors? Tricobalt torpedo launcher? Who knows.

At any rate, you've done a great job on this ship! My TWO suggests are: smooth out the saucer sides (as you said) leave the nacelles along, they look great as is, and round out the nav-def housing, it looks kind of boxy (boxy, really? Something made out of square bricks? Boxy? Never!) Other than that, she looks great! Good work Talmid! Very Happy
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum