Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Khent-sa

Stroper-class Pirate Hauler Empty Stroper-class Pirate Hauler

Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:26 pm
Second ship today, heyo!* I honestly doubt we’ll be using this one much, but eh. Razz

Main pic:

The idea of a freighter for freighter-raiders may at first seem somewhat counterintuitive, but it makes sense when you really think about: If you make a living stealing stuff and reselling it for profit, you want said stuff in your base as quickly and reliably as possible, especially when you’re going to refit the thing it was in into another ship for yourself. Razz To this end, a pirate with a good amount of cash to his name can purchase a Stroper-class hauler. Stropers are tough, rugged, and versatile- if you stuff your valuables into one of it’s cargo holds, you can reasonably expect it to arrive on time (if not quickly). It is this reliability which has made it highly popular with many of the galaxy’s less-scrupulous denizens. even proper traders and merchant fleets are beginning to acquire Stropers for the same reasons their less-than-legal brethren are in fringe space.
  For cartels, Stropers mainly function as delivery ships, shipping recently-acquired materials from their former vessels to the nearest base, as well as materials from a primary base to a smaller smuggling base to be moved into “civilized” space; for independent captains, Stropers are used to ship goods to trade depots or store belongings, acting as a mobile support base; for legal merchants, they are trusty transporters, more than likely to get their goods from point A to point B.
   Other than survivability, Stropers are also well known for their ease of customization, easily fitting most transportation modules. Importantly, the Stroper also packs a fast charge-up time for it’s warp drive, allowing it to quickly jump in the case of an ambush- although this is somewhat hindered by it’s slow sublight and FTL speeds. These traits are vital for surviving the environment of fringe space, constantly under the threat of rival assault.

Other Pics:

The Stroper’s design is a personal favorite of mine; I really love the way it came out. Razz If I had to criticize anything, it would be the nacelles; they’re honestly pretty crappy and unimaginative. =/ Can’t wait to get back to proper PCG ships so I can just use my standard nacelle designs again...

Stats:
-Classification: N/A
-Role: Transportation, shipping, some limited support
-Armaments: 13 phasers, 4 torpedo tubes
-Shielding: 12 emitters, placed around hull
-Armor: .85 inches ablative average; 1.3 around cargo, bridge areas
-Dimensions:
   -Length: 600 meters
   -Beam: 205 meters
   -Height: 129 meters
-Impulse: impulse rating 4; acceleration rating 4, maneuver rating 6;
-Warp: 2x Custom nacelles; MCW: 6.7; MEW: 8.7
-Sensory/Comms: Basic navigational sensors (cheap, easy to maintain)
-Crew: Varies
-Strike Craft: Supplied by private owner

Dropbox link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/m5jn4vcp7pi5vg6/RPP%20Stroper.lxf?dl=0

Comments/criticism/questions/concerns are welcome, as always!

*I mean, second posted; not the second built, not by any means. Razz

Last edited by Tetrahedron on Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Stroper-class Pirate Hauler Empty Re: Stroper-class Pirate Hauler

Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:15 pm
(Nods in approval) 

Well done, Mighty. I like it. It's an excellent ship in my humble opinion. It's clunky, bulky, and anything but elegant, but in a "form follows function" sort of way, not "this is a blocky newbish ship" kind of way. Although it is far from streamlined... the design flows, and I really like it. 

If it weren't for the nacelles, which I would call decent, not really bad, but not really good, and the sheer amount of studs showing, this could easily become one of my favorite Mightyman designs. Well done! And the nacelles actually make sense in universe. The look like they're from the TOS era, which could make sense for a more easy to maintain freighter design. 

My one other piece of advice is more dark bluish gray. It just looks to plain, too clean and pristine if you will, for such a design. Other than these small nitpicks, this is good... really good.

Oh, I assume that the lower "nacelles" are cargo pods?
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Khent-sa

Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:22 am
Dino- Yeah, the nacelles were *really* annoying. Razz I was intentionally going for the Constitution-refit kinda look, but I'm only used to building them when they're one stud wide; this ship, on the other hand, required nacelles at least two studs wide. Razz

And yeah, I've noticed my hulls generally tend to be kinda barren compared to everyone else's, though I'm not sure if it's because I'm terrible at detailing or I just tend to have more studded hulls. Razz If I revisit the ship, I'll probably give the detailing a once-over. Razz

And yes, the bottom nacelles are cargo pods. Razz
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum