Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)
Faction : United Federation of Planets

Century Class Starship Empty Century Class Starship

Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:52 pm
Spoiler:

The Century is a Class of starships in service with Star Fleet and the United Federation of Planets, launched in the late 24th Century.  It is armed with several phaser banks and three quantum torpedo launchers, one at the fore, two aft-facing.  It is seen by some to be the successor to the Sovereign Class.  A ship of the class was also considered as the seventh Federation starship to carry the name Enterprise, namely the NCC-1701-F, but that honor was given instead to a ship of the Odyssey Class.

Now, I do have the LFX file for this uploaded at the new Lego gallery,which is awaiting approval.  I'll post the link here when it is approved.

edit: LXF File can be found at this link.
http://www.us.lego.com/en-us/gallery/fd288705-0aef-4fea-bcc6-adac515fc314?index=1&memberid=talmid
Lord General Spud
Lord General Spud
Lord General (MSI)
Lord General (MSI)
Faction : Minotaur Space Imperium

Century Class Starship Empty Re: Century Class Starship

Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:21 pm
Nice! I love the shape of the warp nacelles. The way the saucer section tapers off in the back is very well done.
Johnnyred
Johnnyred
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Human
https://phoenixcommandgroup.rpg-board.net

Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:08 pm
Very nice, feels like a mix of Sovereign and Intrepid to me. I love it. Possibly my favorite of your ships. Seems a little underpowered though...
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)

Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:38 pm
Lord General Spud wrote:Nice! I love the shape of the warp nacelles. The way the saucer section tapers off in the back is very well done.

The warp nacelles were actually really painful to make, at least the ones I tried using before. Then I made these ones. Razz

Johnnyred wrote:Very nice, feels like a mix of Sovereign and Intrepid to me.  I love it.  Possibly my favorite of your ships.  Seems a little underpowered though...

There are actually supposed to be two more phaser banks, one on each nacelle pylon. Compared to my older Lab ships though, there's no denying the Century looks underpowered, but that's because my older Lab ships are so overpowered. Razz

Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:00 am
I have to agree with Spud and Johnnyred! The tapering down to the nacelles looks awesome, and I think this is my favorite ship of yours! Well done! Very Happy
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:25 pm
NIIIIIIIIIIIICE!!!!! I LOVE it!!!! It's SO sleek! She looks like she's going Warp 7 just sitting there! This is one my favorite ships that you have done... ever... I takes a fresh look at a modern/classic design... and the result is beautiful! Might I suggest that you double the weapons loud-out though? he Sovereign class refit (canon, as seen in Insurrection and Nemesis) has 16 phaser arrays, 1 forward quantum torpedo launcher, 3 forward photon torpedo launchers, and 6 aft photon torpedo launchers. Also, a tip on how to make those nacelles ROCK (and they're already pretty awesome) raise the bussard collectors by one plate so that they're even with the rest of the nacelle in height.

Other than the fact that it's actually UNDERPOWERED, this is one seriously sweet ship.... keep it up. Very Happy
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)

Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:58 pm
More weapons?  Shocked  Am I reading this correctly? Razz

Well, I guess I could do that.  I'm not sure about the warp nacelles though, I mean, I'm worried that if I raise the bussard collectors the warp nacelles will look too bulky.

I'll get to work on those weapons systems, though.  I also forgot to add two more impulse engines, one on each nacelle pylon.

The interesting thing about the Century Class is that unlike the Sovereign, the saucer impulse engine is in the center, with the shuttlebays at the corners.  With the Sovereign it's the opposite.

edit: Here we go.

Century Class Starship MQ80o3n

Century Class Refit

Changes log:
- Increased phaser emplacements across the saucer, stardrive, and nacelles.
- Ablative armor plating added on the saucer.
- Increased internal structural rigidity. (flying bricks)
- Flattened and smoothed down the ventral hull.
- Extended and moved forward the warp nacelles.
- Increased structural bolstering around the nacelle pylons on the nacelle side.
- Added impulse engines on the nacelle pylons.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum