Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Lord General Spud
Lord General Spud
Lord General (MSI)
Lord General (MSI)
Faction : Minotaur Space Imperium

U.S.S. Firefly - Inspired by Voyager Empty U.S.S. Firefly - Inspired by Voyager

Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:08 pm
After lots and lots of trying to build the U.S.S. Voyager at this scale, it finally happened: I gave up. I couldn't find a way to recreate the main deflector or the warp nacelles, so I just turned the project into a ship that was "inspired" by Voyager.

Behold, the U.S.S. Firefly!

U.S.S. Firefly - Inspired by Voyager Firefl10

As you can see, the Firefly is quite similar to a standard Intrepid-Class vessel, aside from the nacelles and main deflector. There are also minor differences in the saucer (the Firefly's, for instance, is thicker than Voyager's) and upper stern (no hangar bay on the Firefly). The gray line is supposed to be a phaser strip.

U.S.S. Firefly - Inspired by Voyager Firefl10

U.S.S. Firefly - Inspired by Voyager Firefl11

I built this ship like a sandwich: the main saucer on the top, the deflector and stern on the bottom, and a stack of 1x2 bricks with two studs on each side in the middle. I have created three other experimental ships using this method, which I'll post soon, hopefully tomorrow.

U.S.S. Firefly - Inspired by Voyager Firefl11

My favorite parts of this ship are the warp nacelles. Building them was great fun. They went through about 6 different versions before I settled on this version. I also included Intrepid-style impulse engines in the support pylons.

U.S.S. Firefly - Inspired by Voyager Firefl13
Lonestar
Lonestar
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

U.S.S. Firefly - Inspired by Voyager Empty Re: U.S.S. Firefly - Inspired by Voyager

Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:50 pm
Very nice ship, Spud! I admire your combination of SNOT and non-SNOT techniques. It provides a balanced appearance to the vessel. I haven't seen the Voyager myself, but I do know a good Trek ship when I see one. Wink Good work!
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

U.S.S. Firefly - Inspired by Voyager Empty Re: U.S.S. Firefly - Inspired by Voyager

Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:16 pm
^^^ BAD SCARE! BAD! Do I have to find a picture of it for you? Razz 
Intrepid in famous pose

NICE work Spud! It's VERY close to the Intrepid, and yet it's unique too. GREAT work! I look forward to more like this!!! Very Happy I love the SNOT method used to flip the engineering section, and she's just such a sleek streamlined ship... GREAT job!!!!! Very Happy
Lord General Spud
Lord General Spud
Lord General (MSI)
Lord General (MSI)
Faction : Minotaur Space Imperium

Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:20 pm
Dino: Danke!

Scare: If you do a Google image search for "star trek uss voyager" you can get a whole bunch on good pictures.

The Blacktron Council
The Blacktron Council
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Location : Observing the construction of the latest starcruiser.

Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:41 pm
Not much to say, but its good for what it is.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum