Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Lord General Spud
Lord General Spud
Lord General (MSI)
Lord General (MSI)
Faction : Minotaur Space Imperium

N.F.S. Firefly II Empty N.F.S. Firefly II

Tue May 06, 2014 10:48 am
About a month ago, I was looking at the previous version of the Firefly (below), and I thought, "Let's do it again!"

Original U.S.S. Firefly:

So I did. Viola!

U.S.S. Firefly II:

Top view:

Basically, what I've done is lengthened the saucer by two studs and streamlined the top of it. I've also beefed up the engineering section, including the deflector array and given it four redesigned warp nacelles, which are now stationary.

Side view:

Another new addition is the Star-Wars-Republic-cruiser-style hangar bay on the underside of the nose. The enlarged deflector is visible here, too.

Underside:

Compared to the first Firefly, I think this new one is sleeker and better proportioned.

Side by side 1:

Side by side 2:

Side by side 3:

Enjoy!
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)
Faction : United Federation of Planets

N.F.S. Firefly II Empty Re: N.F.S. Firefly II

Tue May 06, 2014 12:12 pm
Very VERY nice ships, both of them! The four nacelles on the new one just work so well. Smile
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Tue May 06, 2014 3:56 pm
Very nice work!!! You have talent!!!

What I like: the longer, more streamlined saucer section, the 4 nacelles,the reworked, more streamlined underside of the engineering hull, the lower saucer mounted hanger bay, the nacelle pylons.

What I would change: I miss the dorsal saucer phaser array, I feel the side mounted saucer fins are out of place, I suggest you move the nacelles back one stud, a I would lengthen the nacelles 4-6 studs, I would consider lengthening the nacelle pylons.

I love this ship!!! You're design is excellent! You are very good at making bricks curve. Your style reminds me of a cross between some of my earlier (as in, before I did sloped piece saucers, not earlier as in inferior) work, and Talmid's style. I love your style, well done, detailed, but streamlined.
Lord General Spud
Lord General Spud
Lord General (MSI)
Lord General (MSI)

Thu May 08, 2014 11:19 am
Talmid: Thanks! I know, right? I really like the way the nacelles turned out. I went through about 15 different versions before I landed on that one.

Dino: Thank you! I can definitely see what you're saying, especially about the fins... I'll make a few changes and post the newer version.
Kojan
Kojan
High Admiral (CIR)
High Admiral (CIR)
Faction : Caldera Imperial Republic

Character sheet
Faction:
Species: Human
https://phoenixcommandgroup.rpg-board.net/

Sat May 10, 2014 5:34 pm
Okay, this is a really impressive refit. Clearly it's still the Firefly, but it's so much more sleek now! Razz

The new topside part of the main ship looks very good, and the double-nacelles on either side complement the ship nicely. I also really enjoy the fins on the sides. I'm not sure what I like so much about them, but the just add a really great sense of balance to the ship!

Amazing work! Very Happy
Lord General Spud
Lord General Spud
Lord General (MSI)
Lord General (MSI)

Sun May 11, 2014 4:49 pm
Kojan: Thank you! Side-mounted fins have sort of become a thing for me in my more recent ships, like the Centaurus and the Homer. What can I say; I like fins! Smile 

Mon May 12, 2014 7:55 pm
I agree with everybody else: this refit is great! I love the new double nacelles, and the smooth rounded saucer, and those nice little side fins! Great work, Spud!
Lord General Spud
Lord General Spud
Lord General (MSI)
Lord General (MSI)

Tue May 13, 2014 3:37 pm
Soccergirl: Thank you! Razz
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum