Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Lord General Spud
Lord General Spud
Lord General (MSI)
Lord General (MSI)
Faction : Minotaur Space Imperium

N.F.S. Firefly IV Empty N.F.S. Firefly IV

Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:04 pm
N.F.S. Firefly IV:

I was bored today and didn't have anything to do, so I revisited the ol' Firefly and made some modifications. Also, all those studs on the saucer section were starting to annoy me. Very Happy The top and underside of the saucer have both been revamped to have fewer studs and a sleeker look. I messed with the plates on the underside a little to add some texture as well. I also modified the Bussard collectors to make them better fit the curved shape of the silver cockpit brick that they're connected to. The stern is still a little funky, but that part doesn't bother me that much.

Pic 2:

Pic 3:

Pic 4:

The .lxf is here: http://www.us.lego.com/en-us/gallery/9d0c5d7b-745f-41ef-8263-57221a0d1cb4?index=17&categoryId=64929898-C52F-49D8-B106-C0C36314093C

Enjoy! Razz
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Khent-sa

N.F.S. Firefly IV Empty Re: N.F.S. Firefly IV

Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:53 pm
I don't think I've commented on your previous iterations of the Firefly, so I'll take the time to go over my general view of the design now. Razz

The ship is, for the most part, absolutely beautiful- the nacelles in particular are simply amazing, and the saucer is really well done too. The detail, while perhaps a bit sparse, is well-placed and flows well with the general flow.

There are only really two things that strike me as needing improvement:
-Firstly, the top-back end of the ship really needs detailing of some sort; it honestly looks rather barren. Even just adding a splash of color would go a long way.
-Secondly, the structure housing the deflector dish ascends too steep going front-back. I'd recommend extending the "lead-up" bricks somewhat just so if lows better- though IDK if that would require a huge restructuring or what. Razz

Even these issues are relatively minor compared to the rest of the ship. Excellent job!
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:25 pm
Mighty pretty much nailed it right on the head. Beautiful ship, well done, safe for those two things, she's an absolutely amazing piece of work. Well done! Very Happy
Lord General Spud
Lord General Spud
Lord General (MSI)
Lord General (MSI)

Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:31 pm
Mighty: Thanks! I see what you mean about those two things. The top stern has been a thorn in my side for every generation of the Firefly. I just can't seem to make it fit with the rest of the ship. Also, I would like to have some sort of phaser strip on the saucer, but I don't know where or how to add it with the new sloping brick configuration. :/

As for the deflector, I was wondering about that. Shouldn't be too hard... I'll see what I can do! Very Happy

Dino: Danke!
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)
Faction : United Federation of Planets

Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:48 pm
I like it! Very Happy It's sleek but not exactly swoopy, as the SNOT design mandates, but it's a beautiful ship and you can't go wrong with four nacelles.
Lonestar
Lonestar
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:39 pm
This is one awesome ship. Very Happy

Very well done! It's excellently balanced, IMO. The main/only criticism I have is to somehow have fewer studs showing, but that's more of a personal preference than anything. This thing still manages to be excellent even with the studs showing. Wink
Lord General Spud
Lord General Spud
Lord General (MSI)
Lord General (MSI)

Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:06 pm
Scare: That's what I thought about the Firefly III. Those darn studs... Razz Thank you!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum