Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down

Which version do you think looks better?

1 - 20%
4 - 80%

Total Votes: 5

Lord General Spud
Lord General Spud
Lord General (MSI)
Lord General (MSI)
Faction : Minotaur Space Imperium

U.S.S. Voyager Empty U.S.S. Voyager

Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:57 pm
Since this isn't a MSI or Narkova ship, it technically doesn't belong in this thread. But, I didn't know here else to put it, so I posted it here anyway.

Anyhoo, those of you who were on the LEGO Universe Creation Lab for a while may remember that some time back I made a miniscale model of the U.S.S. Voyager from the show [i]Star Trek: Voyager.[i] It received pretty good marks. However, I thought I could do better, and months later I have.

This is my original version:

U.S.S. Voyager Voyage11

As you may be able to see, there are a few floating pieces, the main body looks a little too long, and the warp nacelles look blocky and very un-streamlined. I think the new version looks much better.

*drum roll* Viola!

U.S.S. Voyager Voyage12

U.S.S. Voyager Voyage11

First off, the new nacelles look great compared to the first ones. These ones are connected to the aft section by a different way which still allows them to rotate upward for warp travel (the Intrepid-Class is the only ship I know of with moving nacelles).
U.S.S. Voyager Voyage12

The new version is on the left and the old is on the right.
U.S.S. Voyager Voyage13

Secondly, the main body of the ship is now two studs shorter. To me, those proportions now look better matched. Even though the front section of the first model looks more rounded, the front section on the new one looks better sized (the new model is on top and the old one is on bottom).
U.S.S. Voyager Voyage13

This is one of my favorite parts of the ship: the deflector array.
U.S.S. Voyager Voyage15

The bottom of the front section of the new model is now higher than that of the old one, as shown here. This was one of the biggest improvements. Old on the left, new on the right.
U.S.S. Voyager Voyage14

The entire underside was changed to give a better impression of a round hull. This also allowed for the better deflector position.
U.S.S. Voyager Voyage16

Tell me what you think!
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)
Faction : United Federation of Planets

U.S.S. Voyager Empty Re: U.S.S. Voyager

Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:25 pm
It does look much better! Very Happy I like how you're able to use special colors so well, my building style uses the almost same patterns of colors over all of my models. Razz

You probably could have posted this in the Federation section, since it is an Intrepid Class. Smile
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:02 pm
Oooooh! VERY nice!!! I like it! No doubt about it, this is Voyager... WELL done! I don't think I saw her the first time round (aside from the pictures in this topic) but I must say, that is a great piece of bricks! Very Happy
Lord General Spud
Lord General Spud
Lord General (MSI)
Lord General (MSI)

Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:16 pm
Talmid: Thanks! I like funky colors, as evidenced by the color scheme on my ships. And yes, now that I think about it, this probably should have been posted in the Federation section. Do you know how I can move this post there?

Dino: Thank you!
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)
Faction : United Federation of Planets

Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:38 pm
Maybe one of the admins can.... I have no power here. Razz
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : De-Factioned

Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:10 am
First off, I like the old one better. :PBut I would take the underside of the new one and add it to the old one, witht the little upwards sloping peices instead of ending flat on the underside of the saucer. But I like the saucer itself, along with the naccles, better on the old one. That's just my opinion. I'm still not entirely sure which back end I like better though, the old or the new.

Also...

BOoM! Topic moved.
Lord General Spud
Lord General Spud
Lord General (MSI)
Lord General (MSI)

Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:12 pm
Ant: Yeah, the nacelles are probably the biggest improvement. And thanks for moving the topic! Smile
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum