Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Lord General Spud
Lord General Spud
Lord General (MSI)
Lord General (MSI)
Faction : Minotaur Space Imperium

Narkova C56 Command-Class Starbase Empty Narkova C56 Command-Class Starbase

Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:23 pm
This starbase, my first, doesn't really do much. It's equipped with a hyperdrive and 78 anti-everything turrets, but other than that it's not very useful.

I built it mainly as an experiment with the relationship between angles and bricks. Usually, my models only have minimal SNOT (you'd think they would have come up with a better acronym Very Happy ), but this time I thought I'd go out on a limb. Behold, the C56 Command-Class starbase!

Narkova C56 Command-Class Starbase C56com10

I used those handy-dandy little 1x4 hinge plates bent at an angle of 60 degrees, connected by some wing plates, to create a hexagon, which is what I built the rest of it off of. I rounded the sides out to give the impression of smoother armor wrapping around the starbase.

I really like this top view. It looks a bit like a big, metal space flower, and you can see my color scheme in full effect.*

Narkova C56 Command-Class Starbase C56com10

These are pics of the inside and some turrets.

Narkova C56 Command-Class Starbase C56com11

Narkova C56 Command-Class Starbase C56com11

Whadduya think?

*The reason all my Narkova models are painted the way they are is because it's different and unique. That, and I just like bright colors anyway. Very Happy

Narkova C56 Command-Class Starbase Empty Re: Narkova C56 Command-Class Starbase

Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:27 pm
This, my friend, is absolutely fantastic. The design and construction is amazing, to start. The turrets are stupendous. Even the SNOT detailing in the middle is amazing. Five stars!

Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:46 pm
I think it's awesome! All of the wonderful angles, colors, and clear blue pieces! I think that I'm one of the only people who likes those bright colors; not too sure why, but they're so cool! It's definitely a very distinct space flower! Very Happy How long did it take you to make?
Lord General Spud
Lord General Spud
Lord General (MSI)
Lord General (MSI)

Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:37 pm
MAD: Danke! I'm glad you like it!

Soccergirl: Thank you! Color wheel for the win! Very Happy It took me a few days to build the basic structure, then slowly add on to it, working out the kinks as I went along. It actually started as part of another starbase I was working on. I was trying to build a roughly circular central module when I came up with this basic shape. I just let my imagination go from there.
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)
Faction : United Federation of Planets

Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:32 pm
Amazing! That is truly a great looking star base! :O
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:56 pm
MAN!!!! THAT is an AWESOME Starbase!!!! GREAT work Spud! The coloration is still... a bit much for me, an admittedly over user of gray space vessels. Razz The gold looks AMAZING! The angles are shockingly, well, awemaztastic! (Yes, yes I did just invent a new word to describe the angles on this thing) This is a work of art, that screams "take me very seriously even in my grandiose display of the wealth and influence of the people who built me to stand out. don't tread on me." GREAT design! You blow me away... I now feel the need to build a new starbase... hmmm..... I look forward to more like THIS! Very Happy
Kojan
Kojan
High Admiral (CIR)
High Admiral (CIR)
Faction : Caldera Imperial Republic

Character sheet
Faction:
Species: Human
https://phoenixcommandgroup.rpg-board.net/

Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:42 pm
Nicely done. Bulky, detailed, and heavily armed, this is truly worthy of being called a star base! Very Happy
Lord General Spud
Lord General Spud
Lord General (MSI)
Lord General (MSI)

Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:32 pm
Talmid: Thanks!

Dino: Thanks so much! I love that word! I'm gonna start using that. Very Happy I have another SNOTbase (yes, I did just come up with a new term for this kind of starbase Very Happy) in the pipeline. I'll get that up soon!

Kojan: Thank you!
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : De-Factioned

Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:28 pm
WHOAWESOME! While I don't liek the green/purple/lue, I do like the bse itself! Very nice job! Great overall hexagon/triangle design. It's not near as boring as a hexagon or a triangle, once you add in all the other points n stuff to get the great top down view. Very very good!
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:20 pm
^^^ I'm Dino27 and I approve this message ( Razz )
Lord General Spud
Lord General Spud
Lord General (MSI)
Lord General (MSI)

Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:00 pm
Ant: Thank you! I think you left the LU Creation Lab before those colors in that formation became the symbol of Narkova. I agree they don't look too good here, but they really work on all my other stuff.

Dino: Razz 
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:07 pm
Well I didn't like them on your figher/bomber thing either. Razz Just....looks too much like a daycare center....although I agree that could be a very good deception side-effect for luring enemies into a false sense of security. Razz

Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:43 pm
I dunno, I like the color scheme. I mean, as long as we're painting our 1000+ meter space vessels, why not paint them an interesting color instead of boring white or grey? It's not like we're trying to camouflage our ships or anything. Razz
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:48 pm
Well, atleast something that doesn't clash. There's the black/dark grey/maroon/transparent red of teh Atnlays (I liek taht one), the brown n purple n trans orange of the Cor Redor, teh Dark Grey n Orange of teh MSI, the Dark Grey n maroon of the Yaka Empire, the Blue n somehing of Emjoajoas' ship, theres all sorts of color combos. Just not kiddie purple, green, n blue on a grey n gold. Razz Maybe blue n purple...that would be cool to see...or purple in light grey highlight or seomthing.

And we probably use boring colors because 1. That's the standard color and we can't afford teh paint and 2. That kind of paint is cheaper because no one wants it, and we can't afford expensive stuff for 1000+ meter space vessles that are just going to get blown up anyways. Razz
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Faction : MSI
http://starwarplay.forumotion.com/

Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:50 pm
Whoa...that. Looks. INCREDIBLE! I love the face that there's studs and turrets all over, and the fact that it's pretty but deadly is also really cool!

...You mind if I steal borrow your turret design?
Lord General Spud
Lord General Spud
Lord General (MSI)
Lord General (MSI)

Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:52 am
Jace: Thank you! If you give credit, sure!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum