Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Lord General Spud
Lord General Spud
Lord General (MSI)
Lord General (MSI)
Faction : Minotaur Space Imperium

Narkova Lightning-Class Starfighter Empty Narkova Lightning-Class Starfighter

Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:31 pm
Behold, the Lightning-Class Starfighter!

Narkova Lightning-Class Starfighter Lightn10

Designed to be an all-out attack craft, the Lightning-Class is well-armed, well-armored, and overall well-prepared for battle. It utilizes a new pilot protection system based on advanced Umbaran tech: instead of a solid cockpit window, the dual-command cockpit is protected by a six-layer overlapping energy shield. This system allows much greater visibility for the pilots, and if the shield nears depletion, nanites stored in the front of the fighter form a back-up cockpit wall and window before the shield fails completely.

Narkova Lightning-Class Starfighter Lightn11

Armaments of the Lightning-Class include four rapid-fire laser cannons mounted on the wings, two heavy laser cannons mounted on the fuselage, and three ion cannons on the underbelly. Propulsion is provided by two MKIII Plasma Thrust engines, giving the Lightning-Class a decent top speed.

Narkova Lightning-Class Starfighter Lightn10

As always, the Narkovian emblem and colors abound. The eight-pronged star on top is the same symbol on the Narkovian flag. The people of my planet are very patriotic.

Enjoy!

Narkova Lightning-Class Starfighter Lightn11

Narkova Lightning-Class Starfighter Lightn12

Narkova Lightning-Class Starfighter Empty Re: Narkova Lightning-Class Starfighter

Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:35 pm
Ai lovez eht! Brilliant design, Spud. I love all the angles, and the armament is satisfyingly heavy. Very nice!
Lord General Spud
Lord General Spud
Lord General (MSI)
Lord General (MSI)

Narkova Lightning-Class Starfighter Empty Re: Narkova Lightning-Class Starfighter

Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:37 pm
MAD: Thanks! I like building with funky angles.

Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:53 pm
Wow, awesome! I love the look of the cockpit and the wings, and it looks so sturdy! Definitely a fantastic fighter!
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Faction : MSI
http://starwarplay.forumotion.com/

Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:17 pm
Uhm...boom. That's the only thing I can think of looking at this...Narkova Lightning-Class Starfighter 179010628
Lord General Spud
Lord General Spud
Lord General (MSI)
Lord General (MSI)

Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:18 pm
Soccergirl: Thank you! It's one of my favorite fighters that I've built.

Jace: Is that a good Narkova Lightning-Class Starfighter 179010628 or a bad Narkova Lightning-Class Starfighter 179010628 ?
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:22 pm
Nice fighter! I like the overall shape... It's got some heft to it... That thing looks like it could give and take some serious fire... well done Spud! Smile My ONLY suggest would be to cut down the number of bright decorative colors to one, or even two (symmetrical ones) at the most, as the current decoration scheme is very bright and IMO, distracts from the serious power of this craft. Other than that, you've got a very cool fighter! I like how it looks (to me at least) like a SW/Halo cross design. It is both powerful and graceful, but not not weakly so. It's just the right balance of bulk and elegant slimness, a very good looking fighter! Very Happy
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Faction : MSI
http://starwarplay.forumotion.com/

Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:20 am
Boom is boom. Boom is good. Do not concern yourself with boom. Razz
Lord General Spud
Lord General Spud
Lord General (MSI)
Lord General (MSI)

Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:40 am
Jace: Roger that! Razz 

Don't you just love emoticons? Cool 
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)
Faction : United Federation of Planets

Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:02 pm
In the theoretical situation in which the shields are completely depleted, it's a good thing that 26th Century fighter pilots are wearing suits designed to protect them from the vacuum of space.... Smile

Hmmm.... or are they? :S
Lord General Spud
Lord General Spud
Lord General (MSI)
Lord General (MSI)

Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:46 am
Dino: Yes, the color scheme is bright, but then again, those colors and that emblem are kind like my trademark. The color scheme is very unique, and that's why I like it.

Talmid: My pilots do wear spacesuits for the worst case scenario, but they are protected before the shield is depleted by the nanite wall and window that forms before that happens.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum