Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : ICS

PX-1 Fireclaw Class Gunship-Dropship Empty PX-1 Fireclaw Class Gunship-Dropship

Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:03 pm
PX-1 Fireclaw Class Gunship-Dropship Px-1_f12

The PX-1 Fireclaw Class Gunship-Dropship is a long-range gunship-dropship built for heavy-duty fighting and long distance travel. It is designed by PXE (Phoenix Engineering), a rouge military technology manufacturing group that is founded after the First Interstellar War in 2643 by PXR.  

Fireclaws are heavily armed and armored but very slow. They are easy to target; however, their heavy armor and shielding grids can withstand many hits from both projectiles and energy. A Fireclaw is equipped with a nose-mounted cannon to provide air support to ground troops. Additional air-to-ground weapons are the four heavy rotary cannons mounted on the sides and several smaller rotary cannons on the top to provide anti-infantry fire. These can also be used against aircraft. The Fireclaw's heaviest armament however are the rocket pods located under each wing, capable of spraying the enemy with either Star Skua Rockets or Predator Rockets. (anti-ground and air-to-air respectively)  

Fireclaws can hold many troops at once, a comfortable capacity is about 10-12 troops. However, more room can be utilized near the forward landing gear and on the top floor as well with two bunk beds (double-story) and a small pantry with tables. Thus, Fireclaws can hold up to 20 troops at once plus a pilot. This makes them extremely versatile; not only can a Fireclaw act as a gunship or dropship, but it can become a flying hospital as well. Though bulky, Fireclaws are renowned for their extremely durability and flexibility. A loading ramp located in the front and the nose cannon conveniently next to it to provide cover fire.

PX-1 Fireclaw Class Gunship-Dropship Px-1_f11

PX-1 Fireclaw Class Gunship-Dropship Px-1_f10

PX-1 Fireclaw Class Gunship-Dropship Px-1_f11

Armaments:
x4 Light Rotary Cannons
x4 Heavy Rotary Cannons
x2 Rotary Cannons (air-to-air)
x2 Long-Range Sniper Cannons  
x4 Rocket Pods (8 launchers each and & regenerating, loaded with either Star Skua or Predator Rockets)
x1 Nose Mounted Heavy Cannon  

Defenses
3.4 - 4.7 cm absorbic armor
0.2 cm hypothermal armor
0.2 cm hyperthermal armor
Mk. 1 standard shielding grid

Warp Capabilities: Mk. 3 Warp Drive: Warp Factor
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Khent-sa

PX-1 Fireclaw Class Gunship-Dropship Empty Re: PX-1 Fireclaw Class Gunship-Dropship

Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:17 pm
Hmm, I seem to remember seeing this on the Lego gallery before, maybe the LUCL. Don't remember which, but I still think this thing is awesome- if not a tad too bulky for my tastes.
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

PX-1 Fireclaw Class Gunship-Dropship Empty Re: PX-1 Fireclaw Class Gunship-Dropship

Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:23 pm
@Mightyman: This is from the Lego Gallery. And thanks, but it's supposed to be somewhat bulky to accommodate the troops inside.
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : De-Factioned

Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:58 pm
I agree with mightyman, it still seems a big like a basic flying box with engines and guns, you should try to add more onto it to sorta round it out, so it looks less, to be blunt, n00bish. That's just kinda the impression I get from the hull, though the nose and cannons and such are great! I would love to see more pictures of the sides and rear. Maybe you could add sections that hold ammo, fuel, more various equipment that is connected to the engines, etcetera, just to change the design up a bit.

Also, the PCG universe is set in like 2550 something, not quite 2643 or after. Razz

Also, the medical beds being reached by a ladder seems to be a bad idea, especially if you have a back injury. Razz I would suggest making it a troop compartment and make a another version reconfigured into a hospital with beds on the top and bottom and an easier way of reaching them. Just some ideas. Wink

I like the engery beams by the way.
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:16 pm
@Ant: Thanks anyway! Although I see no reason for an extremely aerodynamic design as a Fireclaw will only be in an atmospheric environment for landing or picking up troops. Most of its travel takes place in space ferrying troops to a battlefield where an aerodynamic design would not be needed. And the dropship relies more on its armor than actual agility. (which explains the bulky design)

Lol, those beds aren't really for the wounded. They are for long distance travel where the crew would have to sleep. The wounded would probably be on the bottom.  Razz The PX-1 is not really meant to treat medical emergencies, only to ferry them to the nearest medical ship. I might consider another version.

Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:37 pm
@PXR: Mmmk, well I would just have the troops sleep in their seats, they can handle it. Razz There isn't enough beds for them all anyways. Razz

I wasn't talking about aerodynamic design, I was talking about asthetics. That bulkiness just plain looks bad IMO, I wouldn't make it "sleek", but just try to add some more on to the box in such as way as to make it look better, less "random box with a nose and guns" like. Something that I believe you acomlished well on your PX-4 Finch.
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:43 pm
@Alien_Ant: Lol, I think it's worst than that; they have to stand I think.  Razz Very Happy 

I might try eventually, I agree it doesn't look that good. But meh, too lazy to.  Razz Plus, I'm thinking about building a new dropship.  Idea And thanks about the Finch. Lol, a true box would be without the slightly slanted sides.  Razz Razz Razz

Oh, and whoops about the year.  Embarassed Razz 
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:47 pm
Okay fine, an extremely tall slightly mis-shapen coffin on it's side with a nose and guns, close enough. Razz

It's okay about the year, we're still trying to get an exact time-line, but that's a good guide-line. Mostly we're holding off dates and just talking about "before" or "after" certain events, these being primarily Operation Omega (the biggest one), the Yor/Yneme war, and the Cor Redor war. We're in the Cor Redor war currently, so we don't have anything for after that at this point.
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:53 pm
@Ant: Lol!  Razz  Slightly? You sure about that?  Razz 

Okay.  Cool 
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:53 pm
I'm positive, it's only slightly, and deffinitly on it's side. Razz I wonder if the troops ever see it that way too. Razz
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)
Faction : United Federation of Planets

Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:07 pm
It definitely looks a lot better than my first LDD dropship attempt. Razz But to be specific, I think it looks great! Very Happy Dropships are kind of going to be bulky anyway. I like it. Smile
Kojan
Kojan
High Admiral (CIR)
High Admiral (CIR)
Faction : Caldera Imperial Republic

Character sheet
Faction:
Species: Human
https://phoenixcommandgroup.rpg-board.net/

Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:44 am
I agree with (most) of what AA said, and I really like the rotary cannons! I think that it's interesting that you have the embarking/disembarking ramp at the front of the ship, rather than the back, as is typical with gunships.

For future reference, I would only have one piece of advice to keep in mind: loose the beds/kitchen. Like you said to AA, the Fireclaw is meant for trans-atmospheric deployment, so troops are going to be spending 30 minutes at most inside of the ship. They wouldn't have the time to get restful sleep, let along cook. If you renovated it to get rid of the "living quarters", you could probably fit at least twice the amount of troops in there. Very Happy
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:12 am
@Ant: Lol!

@Talmid: Lol thanks!

@Kojan: Okay! Thanks! I think I'm going to build a new drop ship anyway though. Razz 
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum