Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)
Faction : United Federation of Planets

Oberth Class (UFP) Empty Oberth Class (UFP)

Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:50 am
Oberth Class (UFP) GetMedia
Oberth Class (UFP) GetMediaOberth Class (UFP) GetMedia
Oberth Class (UFP) GetMedia

LDD file

A long time ago, RememberMM came out with a revolutionary Oberth Class. The special part about it was its lack of a connector piece in the center of the ship.

So I decided to make one like that too, and it came out pretty bad.

More recently, SpitfireMad built and uploaded a new Oberth with the no-center-connector-piece-thingy-design.

So, following in the footsteps of two great builders, I've decided to try again with the Oberth, and voila, here is the result.

History:

Oberth Class starships are old Federation starships designed and used for the main purpose of Star Fleet, to explore new worlds.

Oberth's carry many roles, consisting of but not limited to being Science Ships, Cannon Fodder, Medical Ships, Cannon Fodder, Aid Ships, Cannon Fodder, Target Practice ships for Bad Guys, and Cannon Fodder ships always used as blown up ships when set designers get lazy, and other roles.  Oh wait, that is Cannon Fodder.

Oberth's have a very limited armament, with weaponry usually consisting of two phaser banks and one or two photon torpedo launchers. This particular Oberth is a Science Ship, and carries more science labs than weapons, so thus it is armed with only two Transphasic Phaser Strips.

And that's pretty much all to know about Oberth's. If you want more info, then there is one phrase for you: "I'm a doctor, not a historian!" Wait, I'm a Fleet Captain, not a doctor!
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Oberth Class (UFP) Empty Re: Oberth Class (UFP)

Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:42 am
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That final saying was HILARIOUS!!!! LOLOLOLOLOL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL LOLOLOLOLOL!!! HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!! Yeah.... I'm up too late... Razz

Anyways... GREAT job of building some canon fodder, would you like a side of Redshirts with that? Razz

But seriously, I LOVE the design.... about as much as one can love a cannon fodder ship Razz
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum