Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE SONS OF LIBERTY

+9
Forge
RememberMM
Talmid
Dino27
Kojan
Johnnyred
Andre Tholvel
Lord Commandant Jace
Lonestar
13 posters
Go down
Andre Tholvel
Andre Tholvel
CEO
Location : Aboard the IFS Varda, viewing construction of the next flagship.

Character sheet
Faction:
Species: Human

THE SONS OF LIBERTY - Page 4 Empty Re: THE SONS OF LIBERTY

Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:27 pm
[OOC] Siriondil Daragon is far and beyond the most powerful private-sector CEO in the known galaxy. He is richer than some empires, designs weapons that crumble those empires, and can market anything from a starship to a sharpie with a rubber ducky taped to it. He didn't get there by treating his business like it ISN'T just as important as the heat of battle. xD [/OOC]
Lonestar
Lonestar
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:57 pm
[OOC to Supe: Basically, Daragon is the Universe's most successful capitalist. Wink END OOC]

"PCS Liberty to IFS Rising Tide 1, you are clear for landing in the shuttle hangar. Commander Turson awaits CEO Daragon's presence in the Officer's Lounge."

"PCS Liberty to PCS Paladin. Commander Turson thanks the Captain for the use of his workerbees and looks forward to his presence in the Officer's Lounge. Our Transport Room awaits J-red's arrival."
Andre Tholvel
Andre Tholvel
CEO

Character sheet
Faction:

Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:36 pm
[OOC] Scare: Yep, that's about right! Razz [/OOC]

The Rising Tide 1, an antique Lambda class shuttle kept in pristine condition and outfitted with high-end internals, lands in the hangar. As the rear ramp drops and vapor from depressurization fills the surrounding air, two small, grey figures are seen silently slipping through the fog and disappearing. Shortly afterwards, Siriondil Daragon, followed by a massive Trandoshan and a man in Mandalorian armor. Refusing a guide, Daragon and his two guards navigate the ship, seeming to know every back door and obscured hallway, until they reach the Officer's Lounge in exactly the shortest possible route. The bodyguards enter the room first, taking up positions on either side of the doorway, while the Mandalorian's helmet slowly moves back and forth, obviously scanning the room. A second later, Daragon himself enters, and walks over to Commander Turson.

"Good day, Commander," he says as his bodyguards move to flank him, "I enjoyed observing your fleet's maneuvers today, I found them most entertaining."
Kojan
Kojan
High Admiral (CIR)
High Admiral (CIR)
Faction : Caldera Imperial Republic

Character sheet
Faction:
https://phoenixcommandgroup.rpg-board.net/

Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:42 pm
Jaeger woke to the wail of the ship's collision alarms and someone on the intercom yelling, "All hands, report to your battle stations! This is not a drill; repeat, this is not a drill!" Shaking his head, Jaeger quickly put on his shoes and made his way to the ship's armory, being swept up in the tide of other ship personnel. What's with the world going to crap every time I go to sleep recently? he asked himself in a half-joking manner.

In the armory, troops were in lines and quickly being handed SAG-86s. Rifles were too unwieldy to use in the close-quarters of starship corridors, and were generally unpopular among starship crews.

A violent shaking threw everyone to the ground, and the collision siren changed to a hull breech siren. Grabbing his weapon, Jaeger joined with a squad of thirty men and followed them on their way to deck eight and the mid-rear section of the ship. It was one of the larger corridors leading from the hanger to the ship's back end and engine room, so it was a likely place boarders would try to enter from. Upon rounding the corner, the squad's leader ran head-first into a hulking Cor Redor soldier. With a snarl, the creature slashed the soldier, killing him. The rest of the human defenders, including Jaeger, fired on the creature, a hail of 29 SAG-86 bullets finding weak points in the enemy's armor and taking it down quickly. However, the Cor soldier had many of his fellow boarders behind him. Both squads fanned out along the hallway, finding whatever cover they could, doorways and structural support struts among them.

The heavily armored Cor soldiers, however pushed forward, taking down several more Imperials, while only loosing one of their own. At the back of the defensive group, Jaeger aimed as well as he could and took down one of the creatures, but they were only a few meters away from him now. A sudden clunking drew his attention and, not three feet from him, one of the enemy's concussive grenades had landed. Without a thought, Jaeger threw himself away from it, but to no avail. The grenade went off, picking Jaeger up and slamming him into the transteel window across the hall. Loosing consciousness, he looked out the window and saw a several flashes... starships! Slipping into unconsciousness, Jaeger never saw what ships they were.
Johnnyred
Johnnyred
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
https://phoenixcommandgroup.rpg-board.net

Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:48 pm
"Roger that, Liberty. Captain Johnnyred will be beaming over shortly with Lieutenant Commander Conway, Major Johnson, Major Highwind, Blacklight13, Junior, and Fluffy the Fleebnork."

*TEH GROUP BEAMS OVAH!*
Lonestar
Lonestar
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:51 pm
*Commander Turson extends a warm hand to CEO Daragon.*

"Welcome, sir, again!" says he. "I trust your fleet is doing well?"

"Sir!" seethes Smythe, who is standing behind Turson. "Sir, this Daragon rapscallion and his hefty hit men seem to know their way around this ship too well. I think we should be suspicious of them."

"Smythe, not only are you very foolish in saying that, but you are also very wrong," says Turson. "I'm sure Daragon Inc. can be completely trusted. Besides, we've had relations with them for some time, and they helped in the construction of the Liberty, besides."

*Smythe stares suspiciously at Daragon and his bodyguards periodically.*

"Sir," says a voice over the IC. "Captain Johnnyred has beamed aboard, along with a number of his crew."

"Good!" says Turson. "Direct them to the Officer's Lounge, if they do not already know where it is."

[OOC to Kojan: Are you sure that doesn't belong in the Cor Redor RPG? :PEND OOC]

[OOC to All: Don't worry: things will get more exciting here shortly. ;)END OOC]
Kojan
Kojan
High Admiral (CIR)
High Admiral (CIR)
Faction : Caldera Imperial Republic

Character sheet
Faction:
https://phoenixcommandgroup.rpg-board.net/

Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:01 am
[OOC: Don't worry, this will all tie in and let Jaeger get from the front lines of an Imperial world to the Sons of Liberty in due time (and that time is fast approaching). Razz [END OOC:]
Andre Tholvel
Andre Tholvel
CEO

Character sheet
Faction:

Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:22 am
Daragon ignores Smythe's comments, and takes Turson's offered handshake. "Your aide's behavior is markedly bolder than what I recall to be sanctioned in the PCG officer's manual," he says. Turning to level his unblinking gaze at the aide, he continues, "which I have memorized just as thoroughly as the entire schematics to all PCG starships of any significance, as well as those of many of none. Watch yourself, Lieutenant William Smythe," he says, lowering his voice and allowing contempt to ring in the last three words, "there are three necessities for success: strength, skill, and subtlety. You have just displayed a considerable lack of the third. Let us see if you have the other two."

With no other warning, the Mandalorian bodyguard steps between the men, facing Smythe, and suddenly drops into a leg sweep. Smythe hits the starship deck flat on his back, groaning for breath.

"I would suggest a review of your subordinates' behavioral standards," Daragon turns back to Turson, lowering his voice to almost a whisper and taking a step closer, "and while your confidence is appreciated, Commander, note this: nobody can be completely trusted." Patting the machine pistols hanging at his sides, he takes a step back and addresses the general audience, particularly Smythe who is still sulking behind Turson after his humiliating lesson. "I understand we are expecting the momentary arrival of Johnnyred and six of his crew. Preparations should be made," he says with a pointed look at Smythe.
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : De-Factioned

Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:27 am
*The Mandalorian quickly turns around, gun drawn as a voice suddenly booms out from directly behind him.* "If I recall correctly, more is needed then just strength, skill, and subtlety. *Tyson stands with his legs spread and his arms crossed, his massive hulking figure towering over everyone present.* You're to far outnumbered to rely on just those three. And knocking down an officer of the PCG is not a way to ensure good relations, and, as I remember, grounds for punishment however the captain sees fit, no matter where your allegiance lies. And as a guest of Captain Turson, I feel compelled to ensure the saftey and dignity of him and his crew until either ordered by Turson to stand down or until he shows himself to be completely unworthy of it. Now," *faster than anyone can react, Tyson grabs the Mandolorian's gun and moves it out of the way and kicks him in the hip, knocking him sideways and throwing him to the ground with a powerful blow and rips the gun from his hands as easily as he would from a baby.* I suggest you act with more respect and less hostility towards the captain, and by extension, his crew." *Tyson turns and holds the gun out, butt first (barrel pointed at Tyson) to Daragon, and locks eyes with him.* Or you may regret it. *Tyson gives Daragon the pistol taken from the Mandalorian.*
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)
Faction : United Federation of Planets

Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:26 pm
*repairs to the aft torpedo launchers of the USS Burlington are finished*

"Request to conduct a torpedo test?" Commander Kelvyn asks of Captain Vermont.

Gary strokes an imaginary beard as he sits back in his chair. "Let's ask the rest of the fleet.  Lieutenant Ever'oyne?"

"Yes sir." she affirms, before saying, "Sir, the Liberty is hailing us.  It seems they have another party for us to join."

Gary smiles smugly, inside hoping it was a Talmid-ish thing to do. "Tell them I'll be on my way, again"
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Faction : MSI
http://starwarplay.forumotion.com/

Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:06 pm
[OoC: Someone talkin' about Mandalorians? You're looking at (or rather, looking at the text of) a real-life Mandalorian. So, just...keep in mind I hereby reserve the right to correct you on your usage of Mandalorian NPCs. /OoC]
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:17 pm
OOC: All I did was level one of supe's mandos who was getting a little out of line. Razz
Andre Tholvel
Andre Tholvel
CEO

Character sheet
Faction:

Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:25 pm
Daragon moves his gaze to Tyson, where he stands motionless and unblinking for nearly thirty seconds. The Trandoshan, a massive reptilian as tall and burly as Tyson himself, steps forward, but is quickly halted by Daragon's, "Stand down." At these words, the two Noghri figures who had appeared seemingly out of nowhere with guns drawn behind Tyson immediately fade back and vanish somewhere in the shadows. Ignoring the offered pistol, Daragon turns his back to Tyson and again faces Turson. "Perhaps in my evaluation of the Sons of Liberty, prior to offering my assistance, I overestimated the discipline and maturity of your subordinates," he said with a gesture behind him. "However, I will not engage in petty displays of power, though Tyson Malcor seems determined to do so."

Daragon turns to face Tyson. "Perhaps you will learn in time to tell the difference between humiliating a captain and returning an insubordinate officer to his place." Without moving his eyes from Tyson, Daragon reaches down and, nearly faster than the eye can follow, draws and fires his left pistol, before returning it to its holster. The shot hits the Mandalorian in the helmet, knocking him to the ground, though the round simply dents the beskar'gam. "And you, Silvan, are expected to display more subtlety than a captain's aide. You have failed to do so. Think again before you draw your weapon, and perhaps I will not allow you to be surprised."

Facing Turson once again, Daragon continues. "And now, unless your crew again surprises me with their lack of maturity, I believe we can peacefully await the arrival of the other captains."
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Lord Commandant (MSI)

Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:41 pm
[OoC: *Grumbles about Mandalorians being elite warriors unlikely to be bested by Star Trek- or Halo-based troops.* Okay, Spartans and WH40K Marines would likely give them a run for their money, but other than that...*Gives evil eye to Ant and Daragon.* /OoC]
Andre Tholvel
Andre Tholvel
CEO

Character sheet
Faction:

Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:12 pm
[OOC] The Mando was focused on his job, and was counting on Daragon to watch his back. Since Daragon was disappointed with the job he was doing, he didn't warn him or give him orders. He also couldn't be expected to foresee his boss shooting him in the head, let alone dodge it with Daragon's incredibly fast draw. [/OOC]
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Lord Commandant (MSI)

Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:17 pm
[OoC: So, you're betraying a Mandalorian...Daragon, you know me...do you really think that's a Good Idea? Especially since the Mandalorian's not dead? Just think about if that was me in the role of the Mandalorian...granted, I wouldn't have failed. /OoC]
Andre Tholvel
Andre Tholvel
CEO

Character sheet
Faction:

Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:24 pm
[OOC] Keep in mind, this Mando is working for me because of the absurd amounts of money I'm able to pay him-- and I did not betray him, I simply taught him a lesson. I wouldn't hire and work closely with a Mandalorian warrior who I did not first believe would not turn on me, and even then not without KNOWING he wouldn't because of the dire consequences if he did. Besides, he knows as well as I that he was out of place, and is able to accept his lesson without hard feelings.[/OOC]
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Lord Commandant (MSI)

Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:02 pm
[OoC: You really must be paying an obscene amount of cash for that to be the case... I'm just saying, if I were him, I would've taken your head clean off then and there. /OoC]
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:48 pm
OOC: @supe: Just to make sure, cause one can not always tell in an RPG, no hard feelings meant by this. Razz

*Tyson has returned to his former position, standing legs apart and arms crossed.* Return your own insubordinate officers to their place, do not return others to theirs. Smythe had every right to be suspicious. As you said yourself, nobody can be completely trusted, especially one who knows the ship, and apparently every important ship of the PCG, better than Captain Johnnyred himself, who atleast is directly part of the PCG, and who I'm sure has better things to do then memorize the floor plans of every single ship created by the various shipyards of the PCG. Any Yaka Empire Naval Officer would have thrown you in the brig for interrigation as a spy by now. But Smythe can't even voice concerns because you think that because you have more hard cash then any other single person in the known universe you have the right to saunter around with your bodygaurds, putting others not under your authority in their supposed place because they dare not speak about you in a way you don't like. And you complain of a lack of maturity *Tyson practically spits the words out at Daragon with contempt.* If there is discipline to be done, you will let the captain do it, and if you don't like it, you may let the captain know without that diplomatic venom in your voice. Especially if you despise petty displays of power.
Andre Tholvel
Andre Tholvel
CEO

Character sheet
Faction:

Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:26 pm
[OOC] Of course not! Daragon just isn't a fan of the...loose...nature of the PCG's workings. xD [/OOC]

Daragon once again remains facing Turson, not bothering to look at Tyson as he unleashes his verbal barrage. Finally, he turns to him, and speaks calmly and diplomatically. "Forgive me, Malcor, if I have misjudged the nature of the Phoenix Command Group. You may note that as a businessman, I live and breathe in a business environment. It is an environment where every being knows its place, and where strength, skill, and subtlety are valued more than the honor and pride so prevalent here. Perhaps you will understand, then, why I find it logical to put an officer of less rank, who has made a totally out-of-line personal attack against my character, in his place when his commander fails to do so. However," he says, glancing at Smythe before returning his gaze to Tyson, "as correcting insubordinate actions of underlings not under one's own command seems to be frowned on in this organization, I shall refrain from doing so, if you will make an attempt to restrain yourself from both correcting me in my actions and insulting me. Perhaps you should also avoid questioning the time management of a being who, as you said yourself, has 'more hard cash than any other single person in the known universe.'"

[OOC]I propose that AA and I stop posting until Scare can get on and catch up with all this. xD[/OOC]
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:52 am
OOC: Since I doubt that Turson would have otherwise stayed quite this long yes, I agree with you. :PI'm just gona post an apology acceptance, though Tyson still doesn't like you. :PAnd I had to resist correcting your comment about the PCG's Officer Manuel, since I bet it is much looser (as you said) then what Daragon made it seem. Razz

"Apology accepted." *Tyson moves off to the side and stands in a slightly more relaxed manner to await the other star-ship captains.*
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)
Faction : United Federation of Planets

Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:11 am
*Gary has beamed over to the USS Liberty*
Lonestar
Lonestar
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:23 pm
[OOC: You guys crack me up, bickering like that. THE SONS OF LIBERTY - Page 4 3424243678 END OOC]

*Commander Turson eyes Daragon with a polite firmness.*

"In the future, sir," says he. "I shall discipline my men as I see fit. If I did not deem your services so invaluable--or your bodyguard so gruesomely elite--I would certainly have had you thrown in the brig for harming one of my officers. But since you have apologized, and since we are allies in this particular fight, I shall forget this affair. And so shall Smythe, I am sure. Correct, Smythe?"

*Smythe eyes Daragon with a look of deep disdain.*

"Correct, sir," he hisses.

"Commander," a voice says on the intercom. "Captain Vermont has beamed aboard."

"Good," says the Commander. "Direct him to the Officer's Lounge at once. And see if Johnnyred and his crew are close to the Lounge. I have a feeling their presence will soften the atmosphere."

*As Daragon converses with his bodyguards, Turson pulls Malcor aside and whispers in his ear.*

"I must commend your loyalty to a senior officer," says he. "Do not think that I have not had my wonderings about Daragon. As much as I admire his capitalism, his excessive knowledge sends chills down my spine. Nevertheless, we must try to keep him on the good side of the PCG as long as possible, if anything for the success of this particular mission."

Last edited by Scarecrow on Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:26 pm
"Understood sir."

OOC: Yes, me and supe where just talking earlier today about just how much fun we were having with it, and who would win if the situation had degraded into full violence. Razz
Lonestar
Lonestar
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:28 pm
*Commander Turson orders a round of coffees and sodas as he waits for everyone to arrive.*

[OOC: It was developing into a great little subplot. Wink END OOC]
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum