Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE SONS OF LIBERTY

+9
Forge
RememberMM
Talmid
Dino27
Kojan
Johnnyred
Andre Tholvel
Lord Commandant Jace
Lonestar
13 posters
Go down
Johnnyred
Johnnyred
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Human
https://phoenixcommandgroup.rpg-board.net

THE SONS OF LIBERTY - Page 22 Empty Re: THE SONS OF LIBERTY

Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:10 am
*waits for agent to talk to me*
Lonestar
Lonestar
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:41 pm
OOC That's a pretty subtle hint. Razz End OOC

On the planet Earth, in a secret bunker, a lone figure is seated at a desk. He rubs his forehead...it has been a particularly stressful time for him and his "colleagues." Just months ago, he and his fellow agents were quite well-established, fearing neither exposure nor defeat. But that was before the Romulans infiltrated the UFP government. Tal Shiar agents--disguised as Greater Loyalist secret police--began to ruthlessly hunt down members of the incredibly secretive Section 31. Although much of the organization's secrets had been undiscovered, some of their key members had either been executed or disappeared. The precious few who knew of Section 31's existence and the underhanded tactics they utilized would call it justice...and they would be correct. But the Section 31 agent did not care about justice. All he wanted was to destroy the Empress, the Romulan President, and perhaps the entire Romulan Empire, forever.

Suddenly, a door opens and a fellow agent walks in.

"We have received a reply from the PCG," he says. "They are asking us to have our agent contact Captain Johnnyred."

"Well, do it then!" snaps the other agent.

Aboard the PCG Arondite, Captain Johnnyred sits alone in the conference room. Or at least, he thinks he's alone. Suddenly a CPO walks out of the shadows and sits down next to him.

"I believe we have some business to discuss, Captain," he smiles.
Lord General Spud
Lord General Spud
Lord General (MSI)
Lord General (MSI)
Faction : Minotaur Space Imperium

Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:11 pm
OOC: I've been keeping up with this RPG for about a month now, and it's pretty good. But what's a CPO? Very Happy End OOC
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : ICS

Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:19 pm
[OOC] @Spud: I think it's chief petty officer, but I'm not sure. In this context it might mean something else, no idea. Razz

@General Audience: Yes, IK I've been pretty inactive in the RP and forum, but got a lot of stuff going on recently. I would really like to get some things up for the RP, but have been both too lazy and too busy to do so. Really sorry. [End OOC]
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet
Species: Khent-sa

Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:23 pm
OOC Yeah, good thing this is picking up. I'll see about continuing on my end tonight (or at least soon). Razz END OOC
Johnnyred
Johnnyred
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet

Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:35 pm
"I'm all ears." Johnnyred replies.
Lonestar
Lonestar
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:26 pm
"I do not need to deceive you, Captain," begins the CPO. "My masters and their agents have been ruthlessly hunted by the Romulan-endorsed 'Greater Loyalist' Police. Although there are still many of us left, we can no longer accomplish what we used to accomplish."

"You, sir, and your menagerie of freedom fighters, are in a sticky situation. Although you are a powerful group, you are by no means omnipotent; and in addition to facing the might of the entire Romulan Empire, you are also facing a large percentage of Starfleet personnel that have allied themselves with the Greater Loyalists. Of course, there are also the SAF, the MSI, and an occasional scuffle with the Borg. Even if your forces increased threefold, I doubt that you could overthrow the Empress and her Romulan infiltrator on your own."

"We both know that this elaborate Romulan scheme will be utterly undone if the Empress and the Romulan 'president' are destroyed. But how can the mighty Phoenix Command Group do this without penetrating Federation Space and engaging in a bloody war that could tear this quadrant to pieces? It is simple: they cannot."

"But WE can...with your help. Our arcane organization can easily dispatch the Empress and the President if there is a sizable diversion: one so great that the Greater Loyalist Police would be called to aid in the fight. And a feigned all-out attack on Earth by the PCG would be just the sort of diversion we need. Even if the Star Empire tries to send reinforcements to aid the corrupted Starfleet, we would still be able to eliminate the infiltrators and therefore severely demoralize their efforts. The Romulan scheme would crumble forever."

"Well, Captain, what say you to that?"
Johnnyred
Johnnyred
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet

Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:00 am
Johnnyred stared in disbelief at the agent, though he didn't let his face show it.  A feigned attack on Earth?  His homeworld?  The homeworld of so many of the PCG?  He knew the 13's game.  This may win them the war, however, at a cost.  The PCG would no longer be trusted by citizens of Earth.  Perhaps even the Federation.  They would have attacked one of the core planets of the Federation, head on.  Not everyone would believe that they were doing it to roust the Empress.  And if they learned of the PCG siding with Section 13, things would only get worse.

Johnnyred smiled.

"I think we can do this another way, in a way that will minimize the casualties.  But I will be calling the shots.  We do not necessarily need your help.  You need ours.  You are being hunted by the Romulans while we are hunting them.  Tell your commander this.  I will await his answer."

Last edited by Johnnyred on Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Lonestar
Lonestar
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:38 pm
The CPO smiles, stands up, and begins to walk away. He walks about ten paces, turns around, and smiles.

"Your response is being sent, Captain," he says. "But I doubt that my masters shall like the delay in action. But what do I care? I am just a pawn in their game."

A few silent seconds pass.

"Ah, the message is sent. You may want to shield your eyes, Captain."

Suddenly, to J-red's disbelief, the CPO self-destructs--revealing that he was nothing but an android.
Johnnyred
Johnnyred
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet

Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:42 pm
Johnnyred stares at the android during the entire destruct sequence, his HUD unit protecting him from the blast flare.

"Hmph." He grunts. "That's a better fate than what I had planned for you."
Lonestar
Lonestar
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:37 pm
"Say what, your Excellency?"

Admiral Ta'ar of the Imperial Romulan Navy stares in disbelief at his screen. On it is the face of his leader, the Empress, and behind her is the famed Romulan infiltrator who currently holds the office of President in the UFP. Seconds ago, the Empress revealed to Admiral Ta'ar that she was not even on Rator III, and that she had been absent from the planet for weeks.

"You heard me, Admiral," replies the Empress. "Is there anything wrong with that? Do you object to my protecting myself and the interests of our glorious Empire?"

"No, no, not at all, my liege!" replies Ta'ar.

As the conversation continues, Ta'ar can't help but feel a tinge--just the slightest tinge--of resentment toward his leader. Instead of informing her staff of her true intentions to abandon the Romulan homeworld before the Sons of Liberty attack, she slipped away quietly, unknown to any except her handful of handmaidens, her most elite bodyguards, and, of course, her infiltrating husband, the President. But Ta'ar's feeling of resentment is very short-lived. All it takes is a fleeting recollection of the Tal Shiar's torture to once again destroy any possibility of the Admiral betraying his tyrannical government.

"What are your orders, your Majesty?" he asks.

"I want you to ready a great fleet of Romulan ships," the Empress replies. "I have every reason to expect some sort of opposition from the Phoenix Command Group and their scattered allies. I do not think they would be so stupid to attack the planet that serves as the homeworld for so many of their members, but they are the kind of fools who believe that liberty is better than life; and if worst came to worst, they would raze their own houses to the ground if it meant 'freedom' for them, their families, and their allies. So I want to be prepared...even for the improbable."

"Yes, your Excellency, it shall be done as you say."
Lonestar
Lonestar
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:06 pm
OOC: Sorry to double-post, but since it's my RPG, I think I have the right to do so occasionally. Razz End OOC

Section 31 agent Gladstone paces the floor of his office. He has just received Captain Johnnyred's reply via the transmission sent to him by the S-31 android.

"Of all the unmitigated gall!" he hisses to himself. "To think that Section 31 should ever be at the mercy of a rag-tag group like the PCG! Not two years ago we could have possibly eliminated Captain Johnnyred through our broad web of agents, but now..."

The agent's voice trails off. He realizes now is not the time to be disgruntled about where circumstances have placed his organization. Walking over to his desk, he presses a button.

"Computer," he says. "Activate Android LSG-266 on board the Liberty. Have it transported to the Arondite for further contact with Captain Johnnyred."

Aboard the Liberty, Commander Turson nervously nibbles at a doughnut while he sits in his chair on the bridge. Suddenly, his thoughts are interrupted by a tap on his shoulder. He looks up to see a Lieutenant, Second Grade, standing next to him.

"That's a rather unofficial way to get my attention," says Turson. "What is it you want, Lieutenant?"

"Beam me aboard the Arondite," the lieutenant says with a smile.

"Excuse me?" exclaims Turson after nearly choking on his pastry. "I'm the commanding officer here! Don't order me about, Lieutenant!"

"I think you might feel differently if I tell you where my real commanding officer comes from," smiles the Lieutenant. He leans down to Turson's ear and whispers, "Section 31."

Turson's demeanor changes, and he rises from his seat.

"Come with me, Lieutenant," he mumbles. "I'm sure Captain Johnnyred would be delighted to see you."
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet

Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:15 pm
OOC I'm pretty sure S31 could knock off pretty much anyone at any time. Razz Provided, the Tal Shiar are keeping them off the Empress and a few of the higher officials, but they're the VERY small minority. Razz

Just sayin'... Razz

(Also, technically this is your topic, so you can double-post as much as you please. Razz)

END OOC
Johnnyred
Johnnyred
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet

Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:09 pm
[OOC Ok... we gotta have some kind of S31 RP after SoL. Razz It would be so epic. /EndOOC]

Captain Johnnyred looks in the mirror. "Section 31." he thought to himself. He wanted to leave the dirtbags to the Romulans. But despite his words of bravado to the 31 agent, Johnnyred knew that the PCG probably did need Section 31's help. He could only hope that by being confident and continuing his charade of superiority that he would be able to hold 31 on a tight leash. At least until the current conflict is over.

He turned back and looked out the view port. If there was another 31 android in the PCG, it was highly probably that it was aboard the Liberty, since she was the secondary flagship of the SoL task force.

"Computer, get me Commander Turson."

Within seconds, the communications line was linked to Turson's cabin aboard the Liberty.

"Commander, this is Captain Johnnyred. Have you had any word from 31 on your end?"
Lonestar
Lonestar
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:20 pm
Turson, who has just returned to his cabin after seeing the android off, slumps into his chair.

"Funny you should ask me that, sir," he replies, grabbing a pitcher and pouring himself some sweet iced tea. "I just got done sending a lieutenant over to your ship. He gave me the creeps...I think he's an android. He never once blinked his eyes...but that's beside the point. Anyhow, you ought to be hearing from him shortly. And if you need my assistance at any time, don't hesitate to give me a ring."

Turson takes a long gulp of tea.
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet

Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:08 pm
[OOC] OK, so I've been working on the Vindex again recent, and the armament has changed significantly; for example, it now boasts two Bofors instead of one. I don't think it's made a difference yet, and this is probably a bad time considering the RP is dead, but whatever. Razz [/OOC]
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum