Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE SONS OF LIBERTY

+9
Forge
RememberMM
Talmid
Dino27
Kojan
Johnnyred
Andre Tholvel
Lord Commandant Jace
Lonestar
13 posters
Go down
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

THE SONS OF LIBERTY - Page 12 Empty Re: THE SONS OF LIBERTY

Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:43 pm
OOC: Yeah... it's Damage... not Flipz. Razz 
Actually... J-red is the one who messed with the timeline by having himself in both places at once, Scare did not plan that. Although SoL could simply have taken place a few months before the Cor Redor.
Also, we don't have THAT many PCG ships in this fleet: it's really more of a taskforce, with each ship (cough) originally (cough) controlled by a player, if not several players... that is... until everyone started bringing in tons of reinforcements. Razz Notice that it is being lead by a lower ranked officer (Turson, instead of Scare) and the rest of the SoL taskforce is made up of ships from allied factions. So this is hardly an all out war, it is just one campaign, a surgical strike (at least for now....) it really can't be called much of a (large) war yet. Though it could easily escalate into one... End OOC]
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : De-Factioned

Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:54 pm
We're still taking a rather large task-force to disabalize the entire Romulan empire. Razz
Lonestar
Lonestar
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:13 pm
[OOC: I thought Damage was Flipz! Razz Well, I suppose I was wrong.... Anyhow, what if SoL took place AFTER Cor Redor? Any possibility of that? I don't know timelines too well, so... Razz End OOC]

[OOC to Ant: ARE YOU QUESTIONING MY PLOT OR SOMETHING???? Razz jk End OOC]
The Blacktron Council
The Blacktron Council
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Location : Observing the construction of the latest starcruiser.

Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:03 pm
OOC: I'm just a little newbie trying to avoid these giant asteroid plotlines you guys have flying around. Razz
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:10 pm
@scare: where did you get that idea??? Razz Considering how the Cor Redor might turn out and how much of a gap there really is between the Cor Redor and stuff like the Yenme and OO it might be better to say it's before hand. But I'm not saying it's impossible to have it afterwards Razz

YES I AM QUESTIONING...errr. CONSTRUCTIVELY CRITIZING YOUR PLOT! Razz
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Faction : MSI
http://starwarplay.forumotion.com/

Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:45 am
[OoC: So, uh, what should I be doing right now? I'm kinda still a bit of a newb here so... /OoC]
Lonestar
Lonestar
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:48 pm
[OOC to Ant: My plot is PERFECT, NO FLAWS, SPOTLESS, UNQUESTIONABLE!!!!! HOW DARE YOU! Razz End OOC]

[OOC to Jace: Well, I'm not sure what kind of subplot you have talked over with Dino. I would say that you can go ahead and continue your subplot for the Second Day prior to the Assault on Rator III. Wink End OOC]
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)
Faction : United Federation of Planets

Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:54 pm
OOC to Ant: Well, if the Cor Redor invasion took place before, it would make sense why the Federation wouldn't want to get into another war, like with the Romulans. I mean, the Cor Redor invasion was like Wolf 359 all over again, but at a much larger scale. It'd take Star Fleet years to recover. Before sounds good to me.
Lonestar
Lonestar
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:11 pm
[OOC: Before Cor Redor it is, gentlemen. Wink End OOC]

[OOC to Ant: Hey, we need some more info on Rator III's surface. How's your recon group doing? Razz End OOC]
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:22 pm
OOC: Uhh.....well currently the only recon info I've been able to gather are on their prison schools and forced labor camps, and some of their sporting arenas......aka.....I've been busy with school, work, and sports...... Razz

*Tyson continues his survelliance, from a distance, of the queens palace and the various politically and militarily important buildings and, as much as he can, people. He begins to gather a list of coordinates for strikes, weak points, a map of the city and surrounding country, begginning to lay out plans for cetain orders of certain types of strikes and what positions they should come in, along with various ground assaults. He does all this while attempting to study the catacombs and find their entrances and know their directions so that he can intercept the Queen if she disappear into the underground systems.*

OOC: I need a GM to make stuff happen if I'm going to get more specific. Razz
Lonestar
Lonestar
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:43 pm
[OOC: LOL, I get you, Ant. Razz I'll post some stuff right now! End OOC]

*Turson is in his cabin again, preparing a message for Tyson on Rator III. The message is top-secret. However, Turson is unaware of a figure hiding in his closet, listening closely to what the Commander is recording.*

"Computer," says Turson. "What I am about to dictate, I want you to send to Tyson on Rator III in the newly-designated Liberty Code."

"Aye, sir," responds the machine.

"'To Tyson'" continues the Commander. "'If possible, try to discern the existence and location of any planetary defense weapons on Rator III. We don't want the Rommies knocking us out of the atmosphere. If you locate any such weapons, send their coordinates to Captain Johnnyred in this code. Godspeed down there.' End dictation, computer."

*As Turson leaves his cabin and turns out the lights, the figure issues forth from the closet.*

"Computer," it whispers. "What I am about to dictate, send to the Imperial High Command on Rator III. Do not record it in your history."

"You must give the password for this message to be unrecorded," replies the machine.

"The password is 'F-R-3-3-D-0-1-1'," says the figure.

"Proceed with message."

"'To Her Excellency the Empress: Advise you to conceal planetary defense weapons. Recon teams are spying out your planet. Do not try to find them, as any interference with their communication with the Fleet will bring the enemy's attack on swifter than planned.' End transmission, computer."

*The figure leaves Turson's office, unobserved by any crew member.*
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)
Faction : United Federation of Planets

Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:27 pm
[OOC] Sorry, remind me again. When are reinforcements being prepared? (not sent, but getting ready to be sent) [/OOC]
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:14 pm
*Tyson recieve's Turson's communication, and replies.* You do realize you have a single scout trying to observe an entire city. I can't observe the entire planet, I have only three days to do the capital city. If you wanted to invade Rator you should have had more scouts, or a quicker dive into Rator.
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:36 pm
OOC we aren't invading the whole planet, just the capital and the surrounding area. All we need to worry about are the defenses that could block or destroy troops/vehicles getting to that location. End OOC
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:25 pm
I still think that our task force is the wrong size. Too big for a grab n go assault on the capital, too small for an assault on Rator/the Romulan Empire. Razz But meh, I'll be nice to Scare, for a first time GM he's doing a pretty good job. Razz
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:01 am
OOC ^^^ remember to use ooc Razz 

Perhaps, but this is hardly an orthodox mission. Razz We're a ragtag group of people from a half dozen factions. We either nothing better to do, or have a desperate need to capture the Empress. This was all put into effect very quickly, there wasn't time to gather more forces, and we would have had less, but more keep showing up as everyone calls for reinforcements. Razz  End OOC
Lonestar
Lonestar
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:14 pm
[OOC: This is humbling to watch my plot get questioned.... Razz

Could my chief RPG advisors, Ant and Dino, send me PM's on what I can do to make my RPG a bit more logical? Razz

End OOC]
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:35 pm
OOC: @dino: err, uhh, right *too lazy to edit post. * Razz But you have a point. I still think that simply shipping Scare, Dino, and a couple of body gaurds straight to the capital to take the Empress hostage and have them beamed out via stealth ship and quickly leaving would be better. Razz

@scare: will do Very Happy

Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:14 pm
OoC: So, Scare and I have been PMing and he's approved a new subplot that Arc and I have thought up.

IC:

On one of his scouting ventures, Tyson notices a trio of Barracuda class corvettes, each bearing the distinctive orange-and-grey color scheme of the Grand Navy of the Imperium, landing at a military spaceport. Before long, tanks and infantry units from the Grand Army begin appearing throughout the city, bolstering Romulan defenses. Recon into the Romulus system reveals Imperium warships amassing, apparently to assist the Romulans in the defense of their homeworld.

About the same time, Lord Commandant Jace is contacted from Velonna by Supreme Admiral Damirius.

“Greetings, Lord Commandant. It has come to my attention that you are participating in a multinational military coalition whose purpose is to depose the Romulan Empress and remove her government. While I admire your devotion to conviction, the Imperium has just struck a mutual-defense pact with the Romulan Empire. In turn for support in future engagements and numerous highly beneficial trade agreements, we will be assisting the Romulans in the defense of their homeworld. To honor this, I have had the Lord Admiral and the Grand General to assign their assets to the Romulan world. I ask that you would do the same; I need you to send your Marines and their support units to assist in planetary and starship defense, as well as Commando squads to act as the Empress’s bodyguard.

I know that you are on the Military Council, and thus generally take part in the approval process for treaties, but due to your unfortunate absence Lord General Tircius was temporarily assigned your seat on the Council.

Of course, these developments will make it necessary for you to leave the coalition force. I advise that you break contact as soon as possible; in addition, due to your familiarity with the coalition force’s commanders, I would like to ask you to coordinate the Imperium forces in the Romulus system. The command structure should be established by the time you make it there, so there ought to be minimal paperwork for you.”
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Lord Commandant (MSI)

Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:44 pm
Lord Commandant Jace's face was not exactly able to twist and contort like a human's but he came as close as possible for his species.
"Communications, set up a live recording."
"Aye, General." He signaled the mike was live.

"To Supreme Admiral Damirius, from Lord Commandant Jace.

"I have acknowledged that you have made a defense pact with the Romulan Emprie, and that I was not made privy to the discussions that led to and approved of this mutual-defense treaty. You are correct that my senses of loyalty and conviction are great, and as such I will say this to you, sir.

"Due to the fact that I was not a part of making this decision, I hereby refuse to adhere to its agreements, and I will be remaining with the Sons of Liberty until further notice. This also means I am ignoring your orders and countermanding all orders that would affect the men and women under my command. I will not allow them to be used as pawns for the Empress, nor will I permit their use as guards to her, her ships, or her planet.

"You ask me to betray good, honest commanders in preference of the Romulan Empire, even order me to do so. I cannot obey orders that would compromise my own honor. It will bring me great sadness to be the start of a civil war in the Imperium, but if it is for what is just, so be it.

"Lord Commandant Jace, out."

Jace waved his hand in front of his throat and the mike stopped recording. "Send it, Comms."

Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:41 pm
Damirius steps away from the comm display, clenching and unclenching his hands in an effort to restrain his anger. He turns to Lord General Starning, who is standing a few feet away, his hands held behind his back and his elaborate uniform tidy and properly pressed.

"The man is impossible! I promoted him, I appointed him to the Military Council... Fierfek, I made him the frakking Lord Commandant of the Imperial Marines! And what does he give me in return? Disloyalty! Betrayal, no less! Next he'll be working for Starfleet itself, I'll warrant!"

Starning takes a breath and steps forward. "Sir, the Lord Commandant is a... determined individual. One does not simply divert him from a task once he has set his mind to it. He is an effective commander and organizer, but his loyalty lies with his convictions rather than with the Imperium."

Damirius glares at Starning. "Disloyalty cannot be tolerated in the Assembly, Lord General. You of all people know that well enough. If he cannot follow the orders of his superiors, perhaps we'd best find someone who will.”

Starning raises an eyebrow. “Sir, removing Jace from his post will… upset the balance of power, to say the least. The Grelfucans are rather attached to the man, and they account for twenty-five percent of our Marine volunteers, and the Grelfucan arms manufacturers are vital to our military-industrial complex. If we replace Jace, we’ll have to find someone who the Grelfucans will be happy with.”

“What about General Torrek? He’s popular with the Grelfucans, and is a bit more... acceptant of how things work.”

“He’s Velonnian, sir.”

“He’s a Marine, and he works with Grelfucans regularly. More importantly, he’s loyal and owes me more than a few favors. He’ll stay in line. Clean up his record and he’ll work fine.”
Starning’s face remains doubtful. “The Grelfucan government will object. We could face a filibuster in the Assembly, and you know we can’t afford that right now.”

“Then award some of their corporations military contracts. They make good products anyway; that should keep them happy.”

“We’ll have to get the Assembly to approve it.”
Damirius dismisses the statement with a wave of his hand. “Of no consequence. I can count on my fingers the number of Lord-Generals Jace hasn’t made enemies with. This isn’t the first time that he has stepped out of line.”

Starning nods. “Very well, sir. I will table the proposal and request a hearing. I’ll notify the Lord Commandant as well; he’ll have to be present, by hologram at least.”

Within a few hours, Jace receives another communication; however, this one is an automated summons to a Hearing by the Assembly of Lord-Generals to decide the fate of his office.
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Lord Commandant (MSI)

Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:39 pm
"Well, I can't say I'm surprised. Likely to try and oust me, you think?"

Captain Blarkov stood by the General's side, also standing. "Yes that wouldn't exactly surprise me sir. They're likely to be thinking how to keep our planet's government happy."

Jace barked a laugh, "It'll be military contracts, likely. However something tells me that they just might succeed in finding a replacement."

"Torrek," the Navy Captain spat. Torrek was a Marine, yes, but he was only that in uniform and name. A politician, not a warrior, and that would bristle against even the greenest of Marines. When Jace was made the Lord Commandant he took the MSI Marines by the ear and spine-busted the entire organization. He made it a proud brotherhood of warriors, men of battle and honor...even to the point of ignoring a superior's orders for the safety of his own men.

He had been such a frontline officer. All officers were cycled through live-fire wargames, usually fought by Marines and prisoners with death sentences. It taught the officers something that all the training, all the lectures, all the simulations could never teach: what it was like to be shot at, what it was like to experience a battle...what it was like to watch men and sometimes women you trained with, served with, be taken from this universe by a single blast.

Torrek somehow managed to get past that required training. It was certainly controversial but casualties were so blasted low that it was able to be overlooked-it also helped reduce prison populations and crime rates dramatically. As a Velonnian Torrek had ties in the government and even against all the red tape Jace could put over the doorway-and Jace hated red tape like that-Torrek managed to get his star.

"Yes, that's likely to be who they'd select. I don't doubt that our government will be in quite the predicament-lose the contracts, or watch General Jace be domoted and even dishonorably discharged for doing the honorable thing?"

"Well, knowing some of our politicians they'll likely be able to keep the contracts even if they do oppose you being removed as Lord Commandant."

Jace chuckled darkly, "True enough, true enough." He turned and walked out to the belly of the Manticore, where his finest Marines were drilling. "MARINES," he bellowed, and every man and woman came to direct attention. "At ease, grunts," he said, pacing along the catwalk. That was either a very good sign or a very bad one-it meant he was thinking, and thinking hard. "It's likely that the scuttlebutt's informed you that I rejected and countermanded order from Supreme Admiral Damirius." General chatter started up, and Jace raised his hand, "well, it turns out that he's gotten the Assembly of Lord-Generals to summon me, likely to vote on kicking me out of my position at the very least, if not have me court-martialed." This time the chatter was angry-there wasn't a Marine in the service more fit to be Lord Commandant than General Jace.

"I'm also sure you know that the Grelfucan Triumvirate will be receiving an ultimatum of sorts: they'll get more military contracts to keep quiet about my being removed. I honestly couldn't care less what the politicians back home say, think, or do." He stopped pacing, and stood tall, looking each and every Marine in the room-almost five thousand troopers, pilots, tankers, artillerymen, mechanics, and commandos-in the eye. "No, my concern lies in what you will say, think, and do. Will you accept orders from General Torrek? Or can I rely on you to do the honorable thing and remain with me, to fight the Romulan Empire and serve with the Sons of Liberty?"

There was a pause, and Jace glanced next to him-Blarkov had been broadcasting his speech across every ship in the Grelfucan fleet, including the new arrivals from the Garuda Vanguard, who had been fully integrated into the command structure by now. He looked the recorder directly in the lens, his confidence, determination, and compassion for the people under him unmistakable.

He couldn't help but shed a few tears of joy as he heard across his entire fleet the heart-stopping, brain-scattering, blood-curdling shouts, cries, and roars of support. Smiling, he looked back to the Marines he could see face-to-face. "Then let's take a trip, shall we? First to Grelfucan, then to Velonna." With that he turned and headed to the bridge.

"Comms, let the Assembly know we will arrive in the exact amount of time it will take to travel home, spend enough time to aggravate-but not anger-them, and travel to the Capitol."

"Aye, General."

"Also, inform General Slisko that until I return he's in command. Him and his Admiral brother, of course."

"Aye aye, General...permission to speak freely, sir?"

"You always have it."

"I'll admit I'm impressed you got the Vanguard integrated so seamlessly, sir."

"Well it wasn't hard-they had already altered their command structure to match ours. All I did was give them new numbers."

The entirety of the bridge crew's jaws dropped. "You're kidding...?"

"I'm not-they're adaptable, the Vanguard. So now we've fully integrated all units: infantry, armor, artillery, and close-air support."

"Still no logistic units, I take it?"

"Do we ever need them? You land in an assault ship full of supplies and the actual combat units arrive in smaller transports. Rather simple, actually."

A few of the crewers chuckled. "That sounds about right," Navigation said. "We're ready to go, General."

"Messages sent, Comms?"

"Aye aye, Gen'ral."

"Nav, punch it."

Last edited by Commander Ant on Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : corrective actions)

Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:13 pm
"Torren, I want to make it clear that I am not promoting you for your ability to command. You will get the title because you are more likely to be accepted by the Grelfucans and the Assembly. I trust you will relegate the majority of your authority to your cabinet, which I will be selecting for you," Damirius saysfrom behind his desk, not lifting his eyes from the data displayed on its surface.

"Of course, sir. I trust in your judgment, as always. I am honored even to be selected for the title," Torren gushed. "I will use my contacts to smooth over the process as much as possible."

Damirius throws a brief glance up at the candidate for Lord Commandant. "You do that. And remember your place, Torren. With Jace out, the Lord-Generals that support him will oppose anything I do. I am going to need your vote and those of your friends in the Assembly."

"Naturally, I will back you, sir. You will find me to be a staunch ally."

Damirius looks back at his desk. "Don't disappoint me."
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Lord Commandant (MSI)

Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:20 pm
Iramaku and Chinoriki watched in horror as MSI Navy and Army units were moving about, actually defending the Romulan capitol.

"Boss...this can't be good."

"No, Chin, it isn't. Go report this to General Slisko now."

"Shouldn't we go do a recce first?"

Iramaku sighed, "Good idea, Chin. Send out a team, make sure we're invisible to everyone but each other. Have them bring reports to me every chance they get. In the meantime I'll send a memo to Slisko."

He didn't know what the shab was going on, but it looked like the MSI was wedded with the Rommies. The Grelfucans seemed like good people-no way were they involved with this. At least, he hoped they weren't, and it was what he believed. So he sent his report, that MSI units were present and defending the Romulans, and that he didn't see any MSI Marine units, nor did he expect any.

I just hope that I'm right...
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:33 pm
*Tyson sees the variously new arrivals, flooding in faster than he can count.* DavHam! *Tyson immediately scrambles back to his temporary HQ in the rocks outside of the capital and sends an emergancy communication to the SoL.* "This is Tyson to Commander Turson and all allied PCG and Star-Fleet forces only. There are MSI units flooding into the planet by the minute [i]in support of the Romulans/i]. My data is still correct on various targets but be warned there is now an entire new military supporting them down here. There are also doubtless several new measures being taken for the queen, and my various tactics, strike paths, etcetera are all useless now. I will continue to gather what information I may but it seems that someone has tipped the Romulans off. I suspect Lord Commandant Jace who is currently in your task force, for obvious reasons. I would strip him and his men of security clearances and boot them from the force as soon as possible. I will find the Blacktalon scout units on the ground and report back on whatever they are up to, but doubltess my position has also been compromised by them. I will continue to gather what intel I can as I check on the Blacktalons and I will attempt to track the queen in order to secure her and incriminating documents immediately upon your attack, but I may be forced to flee. Tyson out."
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum