Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)
Faction : United Federation of Planets

Galaxy Class (UFP) Empty Galaxy Class (UFP)

Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:27 pm
Since its introduction in the mid 24th Century, the Galaxy Class has never been a slacker no matter the mission it was to partake in, be it in exploration, support, or even combat.

Normally armed with 12 phaser banks, 2 torpedo launchers, and if it can be counted as armament, antimatter ejection launchers, and defended by the strongest shield generators of its generation, the Galaxy could hold its own quite well in conventional warfare, with vessels of its class serving during the Dominion War and every subsequent Federation engagement to this day.

Early-ish variants of the Galaxy were fitted with extra phaser strips and torpedo launchers, the former of which to provide extra firepower in defense of the comparatively *weak* warp nacelles.  As per current Star Fleet military standards, the modern Galaxy Class is fitted with standard Federation particle deflector dual-shielding capable of repulsing Transphasic weaponry, as well as ablative armor in major locations.

A transwarp drive is also optional depending on the role of the Galaxy Class being built, but unless the commanding officer is Fleet Captain Talmid the daredevil, the use of such a propulsion system is expected to be very rare, if not NEVAH!

Spoiler:

The specific model being showcased here is the USS Kosmos, a 'sleeper' model that doesn't appear all that aggressive on the outside, but on the inside is fitted with all the various goodies of the modern Federation warship, in addition to some rather 'unneeded' nicknacks and such.  The reason?  Talmid suggested- no DEMANDED it.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

From a certain apparently-self-centered digital Lego designer's prospective, this particular model is a true masterpiece.  The 3-D protrusion in front of the deflector dish and the sloped warp nacelles are major +1 factors, but the best part of it is that every single part is completely connected.

Being a late 2011 model, I pride myself in believing that it's at least on the higher end of being accurate, at least I like to think that it is so. Neutral 

The eldeedee/eldeetee/LDD/dot elexef/.LXF file can be found on the Creation Lab if you search for "USS Kosmos UPDATED", not match cased. I don't think I can post links to external sites here yet.

Thoughts? Cool
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Galaxy Class (UFP) Empty Re: Galaxy Class (UFP)

Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:07 am
A true work of art if ever I saw one!!! Very Happy Having the deflector dish actually IN the engineering hull simply makes it like... one of THE best Galaxies I have seen... WELL done! And the saucer separation is clean and crisp... again, EXCELLENT work! I have to go to the link, find some pictures of the Galaxy, wait for a new LDD?!... this will be interesting... and THEN I can compare them Wink

Now then, first off, the nacelles are twice as wide as they should be (but notice I had to look it up to tell Razz ) the neck is too tall, (up and down) the back side bottom of the engineering hull slopes too gradually, the nacelle, pylon, wing... things (the things that connect the pylons to the engineering hull) are a bit off in shape, the bottom front of the engineering hull is too wide by about a stud on either side, (it should be slightly narrower than the top part of the engineering hull) I would add an angular plate 1, 5, top 1x2 1x2 to to either side of the narrowest point to the neck, it does double duty, it widens that part of the neck a tad, and it looks like windows. Razz And the neck impulse engine is too high.

But let me say, you have captured the FEEL of the Galaxy class, the rounded shape is just GREAT! And the completed connected design just looks right. Well done! Very Happy
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)

Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:21 am
Thank you Dino, thank you very much. Smile I admit I am quite rusty (I'm posting old models, this one's from 2011 Embarassed ) but with your critique, I think I can push myself back to work and build the real perfect Galaxy Class! Very Happy

I'm still very rusty tho.
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:05 pm
Eh, classics come with rust, it's a law of life. Live, and the rest that's in the way will fall away, and that that adds character will remain. (man... that sounded highly intellectual... I wish I knew what it meant. Razz )
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)

Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:11 pm
Galaxy Class (UFP) DByfENg
Galaxy Class (UFP) Ba39IzNGalaxy Class (UFP) 54pely4

An LDD file can be downloaded here.

The NCC-1701-D USS Enterprise, the TNG one, is my favorite Enterprise. That's probably why the Galaxy is my favorite class of Federation starships.

Designed and launched in the mid-24th Century, the Galaxy Class represented the greatest chapter in Star Fleet engineering - the greatest, and the biggest.

The Galaxy had 42 decks and a maximum crew complement of 3000, with an overall length of 641 meters and a width of 473.

With a sustainable cruising speed of Warp 6, and a theoretical top speed of Warp 9.8, the Galaxy was no slowpoke for its size.

As an exploration starship, the risks and dangers associated with uncharted space are ever present. The Galaxy Class comes prepared, armed with 12 phaser banks (14 on Dominion War refitted ships) and a complement of 250 photon torpedoes, able to fire from fore and aft launchers.

The Galaxy Class also comes equipped with standard deflector shields, but hull armor is nonexistent.

So, this isn't the first Galaxy Class I've built. Rather, this one is more like... the 6th or 7th Galaxy Class I've made, excluding minor refits. I ought to post some of the originals, just because they're cool to look back on. Also, the first Star Trek ship I made was supposed to be a Galaxy Class! Boy was I bad at building back then.

Compared to the last Galaxy Class I uploaded to the Creation Lab (may it rest peacefully in the web archives), this latest one here isn't really that major of a refit... I mean, it looks the same, ish, but I've done some major work inside, and then some minor cosmetic improvements. I shall enumerate them all here.

- I smoothed down the upper surface of the saucer with tiles.

- I rebuilt the interior of the saucer with upside down bricks so I could smooth down its underside with tiles, too.

- I also put downwards facing tiles beneath the engineering section, but minimally.

- I put tiles on the rear of the drive section, which I also redesigned slightly to be more smooth.

- I shortened the neck by one brick.

- I recolored the impulse engines to be transparent red, and also painted the interior tiles behind the saucer engines solid red for added effect.

- I repainted the deflector dish and redesigned it slightly to accommodate a smoother appearance.

I think that's everything!

So this is the latest version of my favorite ship built in LEGO, the Galaxy Class. Very Happy

Galaxy Class (UFP) Iwde1wW
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:27 am
That's just gorgeous, great work! 
This is one of the best Galaxy class designs I have seen. I believe that the engineering hull may be a bit too tall/deep at the front... but good luck lessening it.

NIIIIIICE!
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)

Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:02 pm
Thanks! I will have to try that next time around. I also forgot to mention I rounded the saucer a bit more, and redid the slope bricks on the upper surface. They were okay before but now they're much better.

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)

Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:07 am
Thanks!  Also, being a Galaxy Class, I have to post these obligatory saucer separation screenies too.

Galaxy Class (UFP) AaiMFlE
Galaxy Class (UFP) URloPzDGalaxy Class (UFP) IRn4VEP

You may notice that I redid the drive section's impulse engine, because I had it wrong in the previous version of the ship and I didn't know at the time of posting this that it was wrong, so I didn't upgrade it. Embarassed  My intentions with this latest version of the Galaxy was to freshen up the old one to my current standards of building, so I didn't bother looking at any reference pictures of Galaxies, just operating on what I felt looked best.  Well, that's fixed now.

What I should do is edit it further just in pursuit of accuracy.
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:12 am
Suggestion: ALWAYS look at reference pics when building/revising canon designs.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum