Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Faction : MSI
http://starwarplay.forumotion.com/

Grelfucan Marine Corps Rapid Deployment Craft (RDC) Empty Grelfucan Marine Corps Rapid Deployment Craft (RDC)

Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:58 pm
The Grelfucan RDC is a result of the Streflicon's designers and engineers listening to the Murictel's top commanders (now that they had formed a structure military) about feasible troop transport. To the Murictel, phase-shifting transporters (something the Streflicon had been working on for their former slave caravans) weren't feasible, and even if they worked reliably, they were too complex for field repairs.

Thus, the Rapid Deployment Craft was built. Capable of carrying two Fireteams of Marines, with plenty of anti-infantry cover fire, along with anti-armor and anti-aircraft rockets, just in case, this craft is utilized often by members of the MSI Commando Corps, renowned for the utter silence of the craft...that is, until the gunners open fire, shredding just about anything and everything in sight.

Here are some pictures of the RDC. This is the only time you're going to see them and live to tell the tale.
Spoiler:
The "Blood Tray" of the RDC carries a full eight operators, all armed, with space for two sniper rifles as well. It can be converted to a triage, hence the nickname.
Spoiler:
This'll be your most common sight of the RDC...for half a second.
Spoiler:

The RDC's Specifications:

-Length: 13.8 meters (counting forward weaponry).

-Wingspan: 8 meters (with turrets facing forward).

-Armament:
--.50-caliber armor-piercing rotary cannon ( 1 )
--.30-caliber anti-personnel rotary cannon turrets ( 2 )
--Anti-vehicle missile launchers ( 2, with six missiles each )

-Armor: 10cm-thick Rhenium-carbon-ceramic alloy plating.

-Top Speed: 50m/s

Details on the Grelfucan Commandos have a clearance level of Top Secret, and can only be divulged to MSI Lord-Generals or above.
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Grelfucan Marine Corps Rapid Deployment Craft (RDC) Empty Re: Grelfucan Marine Corps Rapid Deployment Craft (RDC)

Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:08 pm
Yeeeeah.... that's nice alright..... I had to look through the pics multiple times just to fully enjoy this aggressive little gunship! The weapons just look SO epic! And the vehicle LOOKS like it could take and give a beating!  Very Happy

My only suggestion is to take the armor down a lot... 700 meter long Federation combat dedicated battlecruisers only have like 20cm of armor... Although the Federation IS peaceful, and the PCG DOES do  a good bit more in the way of combat dedicated stuff, that's a lot of armor for such a small light ship.    

Other than that, it looks absolutely GREAT! I am looking forward to seeing more of the MSI.... even if it means fighting back  Razz
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Lord Commandant (MSI)

Grelfucan Marine Corps Rapid Deployment Craft (RDC) Empty Re: Grelfucan Marine Corps Rapid Deployment Craft (RDC)

Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:39 pm
Erm, Dino, ten cm of armor is only about four inches. I mean, Real Life tanks have thicker armor. And this is supposed to take a ton of small-arms fire, and even larger rifle/machine gun rounds. 10cm is light for an aircraft like that.

I mean, c'mon, just 'cause I can poke the PCG's fleet full o' holes with a fwe tanks doesn't mean my vehicles should have similar paper-thin armor.

...Uh, that was meant to be more of a joke, but looking back it seems a bit rude-totally not how I meant it...
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:18 pm
I'll take it is a joke Razz 20 cm DOES seem pretty, insanely even, light for a 700 meter warship... Although that IS Ablative armor (AKA, ablates energy) so it's hull/armor/plating would likely be much closer to 2 meters or so.

Tanks? Tanks don't have to fly, much less come in and out of the atmosphere. Razz

Well, basing it on real world tech, of the semi-near future, that amount of armor would be perfectly realistic.

However, on a more serious note, in Trek, that 2 meters Tritanium/Duranium with ~ 8 inches of Ablative armor can take fire (with the shielding up, after all the hull and armor is a backup) from MUCH larger dedicated combat vessels. Also worthy of note is that a good number of PCG ships use Neutronium/Neutronium alloy armor... and that stuff will take absolutely IMMENSE amounts of continuous, devastatingly powerful fire for HOURS and only take minimal damage, so don't expect to take down the PCG with an armored brigade, you'll need at least two or three, more if we ever become active again Razz
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Lord Commandant (MSI)

Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:40 am
Ahh, Dino, you underestimate the power of the ARC. Erm, more accurately, my insanity. Armor like that is energy-absorbing, as are the shields, correct?
Johnnyred
Johnnyred
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Human
https://phoenixcommandgroup.rpg-board.net

Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:11 pm
Very nice! Love the minigun mounted on the front, but I could think of ways that it could be done better, mounted so that it's moveable, add a second pilot/gunner to control it. Oh, and it needs landing gear. That's something that's become a pet-peeve of mine about fighters and other such craft. They need landing gear or skids of some sort.
Lord Admiral Ariklego
Lord Admiral Ariklego
Lord Admiral (MSI)
Lord Admiral (MSI)
Faction : Minotaur Space Imperium; Greylark Provincial Navy
Location : New Carradock, Imperial Core Territories, MSI Space

Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:35 pm
Johnnyred: Actually, there's a good chance a gunship-esque craft like this would even need landing gear, since it probably (when in hangars and such) would dock with ceiling racks, and would simply hover when deploying troops to the ground. Probably the only kind of traditional landing of the sort you're speaking of would be a crach-landing, in which case there wouldn't be much point to landing gear. Razz
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Lord Commandant (MSI)

Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:02 pm
Jred: Yeah, I wanted to have a gunner and a swivel mount for the minigun, but, ah, it just didn't fit.

Arik: Very astute, my friend, it does indeed mount on a ceiling rack (since I don't use TIE fighters, and all of my fighters have some form of landing ability, gear or not.
Johnnyred
Johnnyred
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Human
https://phoenixcommandgroup.rpg-board.net

Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:36 pm
You never know when you're gonna have to set down somewhere though.  Wink

Maybe you could try a larger version and make the swivel cannon.
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Lord Commandant (MSI)

Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:52 pm
Well, with the flat bottom (I suppose there would be fold-out skids or something) it could land on the ground. I mean, it's on the ground when troops load or when maintenaince is done on it.

But, my issue is that when I try to make something that I already made bigger, to add more detail, one of two things happen:
1) It comes out the same size.
2) It becomes a whole different thing.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum