Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Grand Minister Dyma Alcel
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Faction : Koine Telos
Location : Blood & Thunder, Brachialis-type freighter, KT space

Character sheet
Faction: Other
Species: Human
http://tilde.town/~nikolojedison

Akaan'uliik-class Carrier Empty Akaan'uliik-class Carrier

Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:38 pm
Akaan'uliik-class Carrier

Files:

Top:

Side:

Rear:

Front:

LXF:

Stats:
Armament:
-4x Mk. 2 MLS-H ports
-82x Mk. 2 MLS ports

Defenses:
-250cm hexacore composite armour
-2-layer molecular shielding system with single layer ray shield backup
-2-layer particle shielding system

Storage & Complement:
-12x 30m*40m*20m (24,000m^3 each, 288,000m^3 total) hangar bays with individual & modular support systems for 1 craft up to 45m long or 2 20m long craft
-1x 80m*230m*50m (920,000m^3) hangar bay with standard docking ports, blast doors, and support systems for up to 11 20m long craft
-2x 40m*20m*10m (8,000m^3 each, 16,000m^3 total) hangar bays with individual & modular support systems for 1 craft up to 20m long
-3,510m^3 of pressurised staging & storage

Drives:
1x Alcel BAR-C sublight engine
1x Standard Alcel Slipspace Drive (900 ly/day)

Dimensons:
940 metres long
340 metres wide
110 metres tall

Description:
Some have mused that, due to its expansive interior & modular construction, the Akaan'uliik-class carrier would make an excellent freighter should a civilian model be produced. The hangar bays aboard this ship allow for 37 20m craft to be hauled along in a total of 1,224,000 cubic metres of space, and hauling things is the Akaan'uliik's main purpose. Not just fighters & bombers, either - normally, the 3,510 cubic metres of storage onboard carries armoured units for ground deployment. This can be expanded by using the underside hangar bay as storage for armoured units & dropships as well.
All the interior space doesn't leave this carrier without an extensive shielding & armour hide and 86 missile teeth, however. The Akaan'uliik-class is capable of defending itself to a certain extent using the aforementioned weaponry.
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Khent-sa

Akaan'uliik-class Carrier Empty Re: Akaan'uliik-class Carrier

Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:50 pm
Ooooooh... big ship. Razz There isn't much to the shape, but the curves are all so smooth... it's very simple, yet very aesthetically pleasing. It really gives the impression that the ship has mass- bulky yet streamlined. Very well done, indeed.

Something I've noticed about the stats: this may just be me, but for a carrier, it seems really heavy on missiles and really light on actual strike craft- might wanna consider lowering the former and upping the latter. Razz
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Lord Commandant (MSI)

Character sheet

Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:05 pm
Thank you, Tetra. I'm quite pleased with how the shape turned out, and I've used it as a base for another ship that's still in the works (read as: I'm tweaking the stats almost constantly because I'm not quite satisfied with them yet Razz).

As for the onboard craft stats, I'm not very sure about them myself - keep in mind that the legendary X-Wing fighter was 12.5 metres long, and even the B-Wing was only 16.9 metres, but the support equipment would take up space as well. Given that I don't have any fighters, bombers, interceptors, etc. of my own yet, I decided I'd play it a bit safe as far as onboard stuff goes & retcon the stats once I get some more designs up.
Johnnyred
Johnnyred
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
https://phoenixcommandgroup.rpg-board.net

Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:41 pm
WOW.

Ok. So, I've really liked all of your other stuff.... but this one.

It completely blows everything out of the water. It is amazing Excellent shape, I really love how it's larger on the underside, I feel like this would probably serve well as your flagship for now at least. I also really enjoy the color scheme you've used on all of your ships, the gold serves very well as the markings for the weapons on your ships.
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Lord Commandant (MSI)

Character sheet

Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:50 pm
Thanks, Johnnyred! Like I mentioned, it's the base for another ship still in the works (one that would be a better flagship), so I'm going to hold off until I get that one done. Given the versatility that I've worked into my Mark 2 Missile Launch System, however, the Akaan'uliik could do nicely if I wasn't planning on building more like it.
As for the colour, I don't really like anything on my bigger ships that isn't the standard "battleship" grey. Razz I like having the weapons stand out as well; the different colouring lets me use similar pieces in different ways. Servimg seems to be down for me at the moment, I'll upload a screenshot of the freighter version I played around with later.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum