Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

ACV-34 Ranger Chassis and Vehicles - Page 2 Empty Re: ACV-34 Ranger Chassis and Vehicles

Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:25 pm
Eh-hem.... Topic gentlemen, topic. DO NOT follow your admin here. Razz

Stay on topic. Stay on topic.

Anyways, it's okay, Jace. Besides, it sounds like you've already put more thought into your tech than a lot of people ever will. It's okay. Relax, the idea of this place is to have fun and not to stress. Smile (Shoots self in foot with "good advice" gun.) You're honestly doing great, and you know your tech MUCH better than the PCG founders knew Trek tech when they started.
I REALLY mean it when I say that these tank designs are awesome, and that's all on you. Good work.
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Faction : MSI
http://starwarplay.forumotion.com/

ACV-34 Ranger Chassis and Vehicles - Page 2 Empty Re: ACV-34 Ranger Chassis and Vehicles

Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:45 pm
Thanks, guys. And Ant? That firing squad would have to find me first. Razz
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : De-Factioned

Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:24 pm
*directs firing squad to the post above me* There he is!

Spoiler:

Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:31 pm
AA, let's be good On Topic examples for a change and each list at least three things we haven't said before that we love about the designs. I'll start:

1: The main gun on the howitzer/tank killer/artillery tank. It's epic. It's massive, and the beautiful design instantly coveys the immense destructive power that it is capable of. 
2: The turret design on the MBT version is simple gorgeous, and doesn't even look like it COULD HAVE BEEN made from mostly square pieces of plastic.
3: The basic chassis design common to all of them is excellently done, and works very well in the intended role. 
4: I believe I have said this before on earlier occasions, regarding other designs, but it's worth saying again, so here it goes. Your ERA is amazing and VERY creative! Would you mind if I did something similar, with credit, at some point? I can't recall if I have seen it done by anyone else anywhere, but I don't believe anyone has done it as well as you have, Jace.
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Faction : MSI
http://starwarplay.forumotion.com/

Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:11 pm
Dino27 wrote:AA, let's be good On Topic examples for a change and each list at least three things we haven't said before that we love about the designs. I'll start:

1: The main gun on the howitzer/tank killer/artillery tank. It's epic. It's massive, and the beautiful design instantly coveys the immense destructive power that it is capable of. 
2: The turret design on the MBT version is simple gorgeous, and doesn't even look like it COULD HAVE BEEN made from mostly square pieces of plastic.
3: The basic chassis design common to all of them is excellently done, and works very well in the intended role. 
4: I believe I have said this before on earlier occasions, regarding other designs, but it's worth saying again, so here it goes. Your ERA is amazing and VERY creative! Would you mind if I did something similar, with credit, at some point? I can't recall if I have seen it done by anyone else anywhere, but I don't believe anyone has done it as well as you have, Jace.

Thanks, Dino. I like the cannon too, so much that (and I think I told Ant this) I redesigned my earlier towed howitzer with the cannon design here. Razz
Spoiler:
Now, the MBT turret...well, I love how it turned out. It's kind of WWII-looking but still feels appropriate on a sci-fi era tank. That was the original design I modified the chassis to fit, and then went from there, only changing where the turret's center is, which I excuse by saying the turret mechanisms are on rails and the armor plates on top only need to be relocated since the turrets are isolated from the actual chassis (also explaining the vehicles' height).
I fully admit to stealing the idea of using the gold bar/ingot (whichever doesn't have the engraving on one end) from Kojan. But I will also say that I have used it much more extensively, yes. Regardless if you do use it, please credit both of us, or even just Kojan.
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:51 pm
Yes, that looks awesome too... Using the grilled slope (too lazy too look up the name) works PERFECTLY for a vented barrel. 

Eh, turrets and chassis are two different animals. Besides, with modern/sci-fi production and assembly techniques, it's probably quite possible to take the same generic chassis design, but have different sub versions of it produced. Like how the M4 is like, what, 80%-ish the same internally as the M16? Same deal with tanks. You can keep the basics the same, but swap out engines, fuel tanks, ammo storage, computer systems, seating positions, and cut the hole for the turret attachment system in a different place, and that's not even using rails as you suggested, which would mean that the tank variants would require only minimal differences to their chassis.   

Ah, gotcha. I'll be sure to credit Kojan AND you, as I believe that you are the one who, honestly, mastered the technique, even though (so far as I know) Kojan pioneered it.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum