Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : ICS

Sol Class Orbital Defense Platform Empty Sol Class Orbital Defense Platform

Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:17 pm
The Sol Class Orbital Defense Platform is a fairly large heavy weapons platform utilized by the PXE for defense purposes only.  

They are mostly employed in important real-estate exclusively, as they are somewhat expensive to produce, due to their size and firepower.  

Spoiler:

The Sol might look quite brittle and fragile, but don't be fooled by its looks. It's "nose" mounted SSC-6 can easily eat away at armor and shields alike, allowing other PXE platforms and warships to finish them off. The rotary cannon is extremely powerful, as it is equipped with its own energy generators. It then concentrates this massive amount of firepower into a massive four-barreled rotating cannon, allowing it to rip right through enemy capital ships like bullets through paper.  

Spoiler:

Though large, most of the empty space inside is used for the energy generators for the SSC-6 cannon. Thus, it has little hangar space and usually carries only four Fireclaw dropships (for evacuations/transport) and eight Swallow light fighters (for defense).  

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

The Sol is also pretty much immobile, equipped only with a SLPT-4 for minimal movement, such as rotating into firing position or stabilizing its orbit.

Spoiler:

Power comes from the massive solar arrays and over 120 generators of various types, combined with the main cannon's own generators.  

Specifications:  

Model: Sol Class Orbital Defense Platform
Manufacturer: PXE  
Produced: 2605 - present  
Cost: approx. 21.6 million SPXC  

Length: 380 meters  
Beam: 820 meters  
Height: 820 meters  

Affiliation: PXE Navy  
In service: 2605 - present  
Roles: orbital defense platform, artillery, fire support

Armaments:
x12 TMC-1's
x16 TMC-7B's
x1 SSC-6 (4 barrels)

Defenses:
8.7 - 13.4 cm absorbic armor
ASG-3
HTSG-2
DSG-1 prototype

Communications:
FIS-XXX
CIS-1
CIS-2
CIS-3
CCIS

Intelligent Systems:
SANDAS

Sublight Propulsion:
x1 SLPT-4 (minimal movement)

Powerplant:
x80 HPEG-1's
x40 HPEG-3's
x3 HPEG-4's (for the SSC-6)
x1 HPSG-2 (the four panels)

Fighter Complement:
x8 Swallow light fighters
x4 Fireclaw dropships

Lxf:

Most of you will probably notice that I really strayed away from my typical designs. Razz  

As to the name, I did not base it off of the Spanish word "sol". (though you could put it that way Razz) In the PXE however, the solar system (Earth's system) is referred to as the Sol System (like you would refer to other star systems), as there are many "solar" (star) systems.  

I hope you enjoy!

-PXR
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)
Faction : United Federation of Planets

Sol Class Orbital Defense Platform Empty Re: Sol Class Orbital Defense Platform

Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:29 pm
I believe Sol is the name of Earth's sun specifically, so I get fed up when wanna-sound-like-a-scientist people call, say, the Alpha Centauri system a Solar System. "Really?" I want to say. "So we share the same star?" Razz

I used to call every star system the Solar system too, because I was a wanna-sound-like-a-scientist person. Razz
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:56 pm
@Talmid: Okay. And lol. I guess you could but everybody calls our system the Solar system as if our system was so unique and special. Only thing different is that we have a supposedly sentient species (probably elsewhere too but we're not sure) living in a pale blue orb. Razz As you can see, my opinion of humanity is high. Razz JK
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)
Faction : United Federation of Planets

Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:15 pm
Well, yeah, our system is called the Solar System because our sun is called Sol. But they have to use a fancy name other than just "Sol's System," so you get Solar System. Razz

And I should have said it earlier but this defense platform looks nasty, to opposing starships. Remember those little OP Cardassian defense platforms from DS9, those were tiny. Assuming weaponry and strength goes up with size, I don't want to see (first hand) what this can do. Razz
Lonestar
Lonestar
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:35 pm
O.O

Wow. That is one EXCELLENT satellite, Mirage! Beautiful detailing, design, color scheme, etc. I honestly don't really see anything wrong with it. When it comes to satellites, you're the man for the job!
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:09 pm
@Talmid: Lol. Oh yes, I remember those things! Razz Those things really were OP and there were hundreds of them! Razz And c'mon, nothing's better than experience! Razz

@Scare: Thank you very much! Very Happy
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:46 pm
I find myself at a lose for words. This station is excellent! And EXTREMELY powerful, without seeming too OP IMO. I LOVE the design! Those cannons, the panels, the overall build... it's fantastic! GREAT work! Very Happy
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:52 pm
@Dino: Thank you! Glad you don't find it too OP! Razz
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)