Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : ICS

Polaris Class Missile Platform Empty Polaris Class Missile Platform

Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:11 pm
The PXE utilizes the Polaris Class Missile Platform as a stationary defense platform. Lacking the rather expensive MCEG's and warp drives, the Polaris is quite cheap, but also less mobile. However, they are relatively easy to construct, and once completed and armed, are a devastating weapon.  

These missile platforms are armed with ASM-10's, capable of devastating multiple capital ships at once, and most likely destroying them, especially those that are unshielded. On the other hand, they can be used against land-based targets to cause mass devastation and large amounts of collateral damage.   Polaris's are used most commonly en masse, orbiting PXE planets, moons, and other important real-estate. However, they are also an effective weapon for anti-ground purposes, and thanks to their relative ease of assembly, can be transported to the target, constructed, and then operated.  

Polaris Class Missile Platform Polari10
This is why you don't get in our way. Razz

Most of the platform's secondary armaments are projectile-based, these are equipped with molecular assemblers. Its only energy weapons are the TMC-1's for anti-fighter purposes. Its array of missile launchers are most effective for anti-ship purposes.  

Specifications:  
Model: Polaris Class Missile Platform
Manufacturer: PXE  
Produced: 2605 - present  
Cost: approx. 14.2 million SPXC  

Length: 380 meters  
Beam: 600 meters  
Height: 140 meters  

Affiliation: PXE Navy  
In service: 2605 - present  
Roles: orbital defense/strike platform, missile platform

Armaments:
x2 TMC-1's
x4 TMC-7B's
x4 SSC-5's
x1 ASM-10

Defenses:
6.2 - 10.5 cm absorbic armor

ASG-2
HTSG-2

Sublight Propulsion:
x1 SLPT-20 (for minimal movement)

Powerplant:
x1 HPSG-3 (the array covering the missile)
x1 HPSG-4 (the two large panels behind the front)
x8 HPEG-1's
x10 HPEG-3's

Fighter Complement:
x4 Fireclaw dropships (for evacuation/transport)

Intelligent Systems:
SANDAS

Communications:
FIS-XXX
CIS-1
CIS-2
CIS-3
CCIS

Polaris Class Missile Platform Polari10

Polaris Class Missile Platform Polari11

Polaris Class Missile Platform Polari12
the frontal panels open, exposing the ASM-10, ready to fire

Polaris Class Missile Platform Polari13
the ASM-10: not a good sign for any ship of any size of any numerical value, a couple of Polaris's armed with these can signal the bye-bye for unshielded fleets

Lxf: http://www.us.lego.com/en-us/gallery/ed8a31bf-0203-4fb5-96eb-0a917407fa41?index=1&categoryid=64929898-C52F-49D8-B106-C0C36314093C

Well, this is mostly a response to Dino and Mightyman for a smaller "ship". I think they meant a ship, not a satellite, but I'll get there. Razz Anyway, thanks, both of you, for the inspiration!

I'm actually quite happy with how it came out. Took about 4 hours, so not bad, and I really like the panels.

So, IDK, enjoy? Hopefully? Razz

-PXR

Last edited by PXR on Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)
Faction : United Federation of Planets

Polaris Class Missile Platform Empty Re: Polaris Class Missile Platform

Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:06 pm
Oh boy! That ASM-10 is gigantic! Some of my ships are smaller than that! Razz
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:08 pm
@Talmid: Lol! Well, I just had to make an even larger missile than before. Razz Hmm...should I make an even LARGER one? Actually, that might be a good idea. Razz
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Khent-sa

Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:03 pm
Just make a battleship-sized missile; I've stopped trying to police you by now.  Twisted Evil Razz JK

Very nice satiellite! I love the way the bay doors open, although I'm not sure how practical that would be given that most of the weapons are mounted on the moving parts. Razz That missile is looking very cool, even if resupplying on them would be a logistical nightmare (especially given the sheer numbers of'em). Razz

...although I would like to see an actual ship... Razz JK
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:21 pm
@Mightyman: You ask for a battleship sized missile, I'll [try my best] give you one! Razz Oh, the doors open only for firing. Razz And you are right. Razz Although, it's just a constant reload chain; there's usually satellites ready for orbital deployment that are armed. As for those already in orbit...they...fall out of the sky? Razz JK

Still procrastinating working on that ship; but don't expect it any time soon because I haven't even started it yet. Razz
Lonestar
Lonestar
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:51 pm
I REALLY like this missile platform, Mirage! We don't have enough of these things in the PCG, and it's nice to see you come up with an excellent one! Love the detail, design, and color scheme. ATM, I can't really see anything quite wrong with it. Great job!
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:55 pm
@Scarecrow: Thank you! Glad you like it! Very Happy
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:03 pm
Brain... frying... OPness... combined with awesome build... along with impractically... must... resist... urge... to... scream... (AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!)

I love the design. But... man... that's just... man... talk about a super-weapon. And used en mass?!

The cost to load THAT many explosives into one object... and use such ordinance en mass... would be astronomical. Replicator tech would help though. And as for using them against land based targets... good luck with that... ONE photon torpedo on steroids can take out a planet... I don't even want to think about what that thing would do to a planet you fired it at. As to a few of them taking out an shielded fleet... under what circumstances would an attacking fleet be unshielded? Defensive ships attacked them and took their shields down? Right? So what happens to those defensive ships when you fire that thing into the attacking fleet? And an attacking fleet might well cover a LARGE area. True one of those going off would make a BIG blast... but how much of an area would it actually cover? If you're taking out multiple ships with ONE (mega) missile, I... it's... man... you're tech can get into the "beyond sci-fi possible/practical realism" range....

Don't get me wrong, I like the defensive satellite itself. It's a very good design. It just seems to me that ten smaller missiles (or maybe it splits into parts?) would be a better option. Also, the opening function seems like a potential weakness.

Remind me and Mighty NEVER to give you ideas again Razz You + ideas = dangerous Razz
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:20 pm
@Dino: Thanks!

On second though, maybe not en masse. Probably 5 orbiting vertically and 5 orbiting horizontally at most for the most important real-estate. Razz

At your second part: Well, I still need to design the ShockER satellite. Razz The Polaris will probably rely on the ShockER's to take down shields. Aside from that, it relies on its large array of smaller missiles (which can damage shields) to add damage. And there will probably also other energy cannon platforms (thanks for the idea @ your last part Razz)

Also, the missiles throw pieces of themself after detonation. The primary explosion throws parts of the ship further inside or outside into other ships. And it might not be one, but probably 1-5 missiles depending on their closeness and size and numerical value. And I don't mean a whole fleet. It can probably damage at most like 8 ships (possibly more or less depending on shrapnel and fragmentation stuff), but only destroy at most 4-5. Defense ships are probably behind or to the sides providing frontal fire support.

I suppose it doesn't have to open, as it can fire while its closed. Probably opens only for reloading. Razz
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum