Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)
Faction : United Federation of Planets

Cruiser - Executive Class Heavy Cruiser Empty Executive Class Heavy Cruiser

Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:19 pm
It's about time I made something large and cool, so without further ado, here she is!

Cruiser - Executive Class Heavy Cruiser QUMdwUF
Cruiser - Executive Class Heavy Cruiser ZJ630oD
Cruiser - Executive Class Heavy Cruiser QLdRHpA
Cruiser - Executive Class Heavy Cruiser 4tKRbDB

The Executive is a new Class of starships officially designated as Heavy Cruisers, though it carries the armament and defensive systems of a Battleship.  It is also quite the inexpensive Battleship, as it is armed with strictly conventional weaponry: Phasers and Torpedoes.

For defenses, the Executive is quite a barge already, with living quarters and primary systems built behind several layers of hull and armor.  A ship of this type could theoretically survive a kamikaze collision with another starship, or several starships, and emerge intact, for the most part.  Of course, no Star Fleet captain in his or her right mind would order something as crazy as that....

Deflector shield distribution nodes are aplenty at various points on the ship's hull, focusing the shields' strongest points at important areas of the ship, such as its quad warp nacelles, the bridge, the deflector dish, and the engineering section.

With the Executive Class, the Federation can take its wars to its enemies and back effectively and efficiently!  But we're the Federation, we don't believe in war.  lol! 

Weapons Stats:
x40 or so Phaser Emitters
x5 Phaser Arrays
x3 Photon Torpedo arrays (2 fore, 1 aft)

Cruiser - Executive Class Heavy Cruiser RIgkYqu
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Cruiser - Executive Class Heavy Cruiser Empty Re: Executive Class Heavy Cruiser

Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:09 pm
It's a bit boxy... I like thid battle barge! Just how SF would do a big tough cruiser built to last on a budget. Well done.
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Faction : MSI
http://starwarplay.forumotion.com/

Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:47 pm
I like it, even for a Starfleet vessel! Its very much the heavy-hitter look, with what I think is a good armament for Starfleet.

Of course, a run-in with one of my Defense Fleet wouldn't have it lasting long... Razz Then again I've designed everything to be as effective as possible, and I don't just believe in war I like war.
At least, the pitting-of-minds not the fact that money and people are wasted in droves.
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : De-Factioned

Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:33 pm
@JAce: Mostly just the wasted money. Razz

Just kidding.

@talmid: Nice. I agree with jace, a good heavy-hitter look, a great job even though it's Federation style, very nice! It's really nice actually. Razz I just wishy it had a few more bigger guns. Razz
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Khent-sa

Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:17 pm
Pretty cool, though not exactly one of my favorites TBH. It's just a bit too bulky for my tastes, and the dark grey doesn't blend well IMHO.
Kojan
Kojan
High Admiral (CIR)
High Admiral (CIR)
Faction : Caldera Imperial Republic

Character sheet
Faction:
Species: Human
https://phoenixcommandgroup.rpg-board.net/

Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:18 pm
I, too, concur with Jace: this think looks like it can take a punch and seriously dish them out. It is an appropriate thickness for such a vessel, rather than the flimsy saucer design of traditional Star Fleet ships. The double-nacelles on the back are well-done too.

Overall: very good! Very Happy
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)

Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:48 pm
Thanks guys. Smile The dark gray parts are actually where two of the four impulse engines are housed. I used dark gray because other Late-TNG modern Star Fleet vessels such as the Sovereign and the Excalibur had them, and being a modern Star Fleet vessel, even coming two hundred years after TNG, I figured I'd use them on the Executive. Razz

Personally I think I could have done the lowest bulge of the saucer with the deflector dish better, as it goes against the bulky-and-built-to-hold-together look that I wanted with the Executive, as that part of the saucer bulges out... so if I do a refit I'll fix that too. Smile
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)

Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:13 am
Can I doublepost if the time difference is at least a day?

Anyways here is an LXF file.
http://cache.lego.com/media/nxtlog/a87ce128-98d3-4917-89a6-17ab7ddfe777/GalleryFile.lxf
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : ICS

Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:31 am
Wow, amazing ship! I thought I commented on this before...but... Razz Anyway, I like the thicker armor/hull; makes it look very strong. And those warp nacelles look amazing. Very Happy

On a sidenote, I know that a certain person known as Fleet Captain Talmid would order something as crazy as that... Razz
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:10 pm
Talmid, it's your topic. You can double post to your hearts content to my understanding... Wink
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum