Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)
Faction : United Federation of Planets

Ambassador Class Heavy Cruiser Empty Ambassador Class Heavy Cruiser

Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:08 am
Ambassador Class Heavy Cruiser GetMedia
Ambassador Class Heavy Cruiser GetMediaAmbassador Class Heavy Cruiser GetMediaAmbassador Class Heavy Cruiser GetMedia

LDD file, hosted on the Creation Lab: http://universe.lego.com/en-us/community/creationlab/GetMedia.aspx?id=f1e2f4bc-5661-4564-8ba4-49b3ce9f5b1e

In an earlier creation on the Creation Lab, I said I was disappointed at how all my previous versions of the Ambassador Class starship have come out well below standards set by other starships.

Hopefully, this nullifies that.

My plan was to take my latest Ambassador Class, the USS Repulsor, and fix it up. So naturally, I did that, but in doing so, I realized that not only was the USS Repulsor full of flying bricks, it didn't really LOOK like an Ambassador Class either.

So over the course of several hours, I built a new engineering hull for it. I really don't think this paragraph does the new engineering hull justice, simply because it was so HARD.

You can download the LDD file and dissect it to see what I mean.

The warp nacelles were the second hardest. I had to make a lot of compromises when it came to building them. One compromise was the worst kind you could present to me as a LEGO builder, in which I have to choose between detail, or structural integrity.

I set my priorities straight and did the second. Keeping everything connected is more important. Besides, the current warp nacelles aren't bad, visuals wise. You can dissect them too and take a look.

I also changed the saucer a bit, deleting a layer, repainting the phaser banks, and adding a dome-like thing to the underside of the saucer.

In the end, pretty much everything is changed. The only things left behind from the original USS Repulsor are most of the saucer section, and bits and pieces of the warp nacelles. The rest is new.
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Ambassador Class Heavy Cruiser Empty Re: Ambassador Class Heavy Cruiser

Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:33 pm
(whistles)

Now THAT'S Yesterday's Enterprise!

NIIIIICE work Talmid! That's an Ambassador if I've EVER seen one... WELL done!!!! Every detail SCREAMS NCC-1701 C !!!!! I LOVE it! (I like the Ambassador class, it's a bit odd in that it's a transition ship from the age of the Excelsior, to the Galaxy... but in a good way.)

If I squint at it... it looks liked I'm looking at the "real" ship (due to the nature of Lego pieces, not due to lack of accuracy) This is some SERIOUSLY fine building! Very Happy

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum