Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : ICS

Klingon BoP (in scale) Empty Klingon BoP (in scale)

Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:49 am
Klingon BoP (in scale) Klingo13

Sorry, no fancy GIMP picture, I'm too lazy to make five of them. Razz

Anyway, these are the BoPs I made based on some tips that Talmid gave me. They are basically several variations of the refit I did on the amazing in-scale BoP Talmid designed. Smile

The main difference between my original refit of Talmid's and these different variations are that the "shoulder pads" (as Talmid called them Razz) are closer to the middle, and the subsequent modifications I made to the stern. I ended up completely redoing the aft section. Razz

The main (and only) difference between each of these variations is the implementation of the wing-mounted weapons. In addition, some variations have the extra wing, while others have the disruptors directly attached to the main wing. I was literally switching between Google Images and LDD to try to capture the BoP's stern hull and weapons as accurately as possible.

Var. 1:
Klingon BoP (in scale) Klingo14
I implemented the secondary wing/fins mounted on a 1x2 plate stick to try to capture the BoP as realistically as possible. However, the weapons are not accurate, as both are of equal length and width.

Var. 2:
Klingon BoP (in scale) Klingo15
This time, the weapons are captured accurately, with the top barrel longer and the tip wider, and the bottom cannon shorter and the tip the same width as the rest of the barrel. However, the fins are captured inaccurately as they are not angled. (like in the first var.)

Var. 3:
Klingon BoP (in scale) Klingo18
My personal favorite. This variation combines the angled fins of the first version and the realistic cannons of the second to make this BoP the most accurate out of all five.

Var. 4:
Klingon BoP (in scale) Klingo17
This one features inaccurate fins and cannons. The fins are not angled, and the cannons are not accurate because they are side by side, not top over bottom.

Var. 5:
Klingon BoP (in scale) Klingo19
This is the least accurate version. It features no fins at all and the same inaccurate cannons as the 4th version.

Klingon BoP (in scale) Klingo20
A stern view. When I finished redoing the back, I wanted to make sure it was connected and it was not! Thus, I had to redo all five variations. But now, it is fully connected. Wink

Klingon BoP (in scale) Klingo21
The primary difference between my BoP refit and this new version is that the "shoulder pads" are more "inside" and fit into the ship as well as aligning with the wings.

So, what's your favorite version? Constructive criticism welcome! I'll try to get an .lxf up on the Lego Gallery, but I haven't been able to post anything for the past couple days due to some weird glitch. Neutral So sorry about that.

I'll post a GIMP pic I did a yesterday here, as it includes the original BoP refit.
Klingon BoP (in scale) Pxs_ka10
Basically, it's a Virgo Class Frigate, called the PXS Kahill fending off two B(s)oP. As you can see, some of the beams coming from the AA guns on the Kahill got messed up (Razz), but I'm still pretty happy with how it turned out overall.
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Khent-sa

Klingon BoP (in scale) Empty Re: Klingon BoP (in scale)

Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:53 am
Very impressive GIMP work there! Still lovin' the BoPs- although I was never very good with the class. Razz
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:55 am
@Mightyman:Thanks! Lol BoPs are hard to make though. Razz
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Khent-sa

Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:49 am
PXR- Yeah, as is anything that small. Razz
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)
Faction : United Federation of Planets

Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:06 am
Wow! Mirage, those are great! Very Happy I can't see any way to make them better, which means you've gotten the best of me. Razz

I actually like the look of version 5 the most, because the BoP overall looks well rounded and not extra long in any dimensions. I guess I just like well rounded things. Razz You've done excellent work on the "shoulder pads" and the stern and everything, really! Very Happy
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:26 pm
Wow.... (sheds a tear) it's beautiful... I have NEVER seen a BOP this good. It is truly a work of art! What a strange thing to say about a Klingon ship... And yet it is true.

I agree with you, Var. 3 is the best.
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:44 pm
@Mightyman: Yep Lol.

@Talmid: Thanks very much! I can see where you're coming from with var. 5 though... Wink

@Dino: Lol, thank you so much. For some reason, I seem to have an obsession with BoPs. Razz
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:49 am
.lxf

orig refit of Talmid's BoP & the five var.
Lonestar
Lonestar
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:15 pm
Those are awesomesauce, my friend! I don't have any comparison pics with the actual thing, but from what I remember, these are great!
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:16 pm
@Scare: Thanks!
Sponsored content