Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE SONS OF LIBERTY

+9
Forge
RememberMM
Talmid
Dino27
Kojan
Johnnyred
Andre Tholvel
Lord Commandant Jace
Lonestar
13 posters
Go down
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Khent-sa

THE SONS OF LIBERTY - Page 16 Empty Re: THE SONS OF LIBERTY

Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:08 pm
OOC So the Mukara are the arachnids from Starship Troopers.

Wonderful. Exactly what we needed- another alien insectisoid* race trying to kill us. Razz JK

*I'm not even going to try to correctly spell that. Razz
OOC
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : ICS

Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:19 pm
OOC
@Tetra: AWESOME! You watched it?! But no, they're not. Razz They're the Spider Bugs from Starship Troopers Roughnecks, which you could call Arachnids as a general term, which is based off of the actual Starship Troopers. Razz

Insectisoid? Sounds like a mix between insecticide and insect and insectoid, all three of which are completely different. Razz

Edit: Ooops, forgot to put this in OOC's Razz
End OOC
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet

Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:45 pm
OOC- No, still haven't seen it, but I heard a reference to it on Youtube.

I really need to get around to seeing it. Razz End OOC
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:48 pm
OOC @Tetra: I think you can watch it on Youtube. Razz Wait just a couple seconds. I need to find the episode with the Spider Bugs. Razz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_m6o5MI-Rr4
Spider Bugs are around 8:30-ish/this is a good reference of a Mukara
End OOC
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet

Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:05 pm
OOC- Well... Rico certainly had a "thing" for the alien. Razz

Reference noted. Razz END OOC
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:11 pm
OOC @Tetra: Spoiler for the campaign before it. Basically, Rico's best friend, Carl, is a psychic and the alien (nicknamed Skinnies), T'Phai, was under control of an Arachnid Control Bug. T'Phai was freed of the Control Bug, but it attacked Carl. Carl was about to have the bug jump into him when he used a telepathic blast to kill it, but it fried his brain. So, indirectly, T'Phai was responsible for Carl's injury. Razz I hope that made sense. End OOC
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet

Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:04 pm
OOC OK, that makes more sense. Thanks. END OOC
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:50 pm
OOC No problem. Also, I probably should've included that everybody was originally distrustful of T'Phai. However, the squad, besides Rico, eventually accept T'Phai after he saves them from a swarm of Hoppers and Kamikaze Ripplers. Rico later accepts T'Phai after the two work together to save the team from the Spider Bugs.

Also, a disclaimer, both Carl and Diz are Rico's best friends. Razz End OOC
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet

Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:17 pm
OOC PXR-Info is, again, much appreciated, as is the link you provided. Smile

Scare- *faceplam* forgot to mention this earlier, but thanks a lot for the complement! I would have responded earlier, but figured I wouldn't further crowd the RPG with pointless stuff, then forgot about both. Razz

Thanks a ton, both of you!

END OOC
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:04 pm
OOC

Whenever this roleplay ends, which I hope is a long time from now (and yet I also an eager to tell the story of my characters. It's like a good book: you can't wait for it to end but you dread it ending because then it will be over. Razz ) please don't lock it quickly as I'd like to copy it (or at the very least my subplot) to a Word document so that it won't be lost. (Some locked topics just disappear, others seem to stay around for ever. I want to be sure I don't lose all the awesome work that went/will go into this RPG. Smile )

End OOC

R.R.W. Alth'Indor Sickbay 22:33 Day 2  

The nurse was silent for a moment, weighing her options. Vardok continued to push her.
    "Well nurse 'Neral.' Let's have it. Why does your branding mark you as being from the family S'Teveirr, when you told us that you are from another family?
    I've heard of Romulans changing their branding for reconnaissance missions, but I've never seen a name change so poorly executed.
    Why change your name when you're part of such a powerful family? What happened between you and your family?
    And I know who the 'Centurion' was. He told me himself, plus he bears the same branding as yourself."
    She closed her eyes and breathed deeply, as if that would allow her to escape from the situation. She finally answered.
    "My name is Eviess S'Teveirr, as you know.
    I served for the mandatory five years in the military. I was in the Navy. My station was Communications aboard the I.R.W. Nanclus.
    It was a tradition in my family to continue to serve in the military for one's entire life. I did not want to kill anyone. That's why I chose to serve at communications for my entire five years. I could've been promoted to a higher, tactical position, but I requested to remain at that station.
    My family didn't understand why I didn't want to fight. I told them that I didn't want to take life, I wanted to save it. They couldn't understand this. I told them that I was afraid that I might have to fight our brothers and sisters in the Romulan Republic splinter movement. They were appalled at this. They made me swear not to speak about that to anyone. I know they just meant it for my own good, but... I didn't understand how they could be so callus to the lives of other Romulans.
    They pushed me to sign on to serve longer, and to accept the next promotion offered to me. I refused. I wanted to help Romulans, not shoot at them! They urged me and urged me. Meals were terrible because everyone was either silent or shouting. No one just talked to each other anymore. It was like that for months.
    So I left my home and attended medical school. I had some of my pay saved up. I wanted to be a doctor. I wanted to heal, not harm.
    I made it several years through on my own, using up my pay, and working odd jobs. But I began to run low on money, and I saw that I couldn't make it all the way to doctor, so I changed my training to nurse. I only had a few years of school left until I could earn my higher degree in nursing.
    But I got into debt, and I couldn't pay. So I asked my grandfather to help me. I didn't want to contact my family, I hadn't spoken to them in a long time. But my grandfather was glad to talk to me. We had a long talk, and he understood. He agreed to help me pay to continue school until I could get my nursing degree. I didn't want to ask for more.
    I got my degree in nursing. My grandfather invited me to work on his ship. I was glad to be able to be with him. We had become friends. I was happy to be close to him.
    My family was watching to make sure I didn't disgrace them further. I didn't care. I was just glad to be able to do what I loved.
    Then several days ago, my grandfather's boarder patrol fleet went into battle. It was a massacre. We were no match for the enemy forces. They wiped us out. Over ten-thousand Romulans died." S'ren interrupted here.
    "Do you know what happened then? Who attacked who, who was in command, who gave the order to fire. Where did the battle take place? I already know this, but the more intel I can get, the more of a picture I can piece together of who was where and who did what. Eviess replied right away.
    "My grandfather was off duty. It was the night shift. That means Commander Nora'dex had the command.
    I don't know where we were exactly. I was off-duty and asleep too at the time. We were near the Neutral Zone before it started.
    I don't know who fired at who or what happened. I woke up to the intercom announcing that all personnel were to get to battle stations. We took fire soon after that. I don't know what happened exactly to our ship, I was too busy trying to help the wounded. We took some major fire though. The ship nearly tore itself apart as it shook from what must have been several direct hits. Plasma fires were everywhere. We had so many wounded, we couldn't treat them all.
    Then my grandfather was brought in to sickbay by his Reman guards. He'd been heading for the bridge when the ship was hit again. His guards had been walking several meters behind him and weren't hit by the blast. But he was injured badly.
    We tried to treat him. He was hurt pretty seriously, but we thought we could pull him through.  
    Then the intercom announced that we were being boarded. We could hear our crew over the comm system calling for help from all over the ship. They were being slaughtered. Whoever boarded us knew how to kill. There was nothing we could do, we were stretched far beyond maximum capacity as it was.  
    Commander Nora'dex came into sickbay shortly after that. He had several officers and security crew with him. He said that we needed to abandon ship. We told him that we had critically wounded patients that we couldn't move. He ordered us to go, and we obeyed him.
    He insisted that we had to bring my grandfather along. So we gathered everyone we could from sickbay on stretches, including my grandfather. Those who could possibly walk did so. We grabbed every medical supply we could carry and left sickbay.
    We made our way to the nearest escape pods. An enemy boarding party was right on top of us by then. The fired at us. The security crew returned fire. It was useless. They wiped out most of our soldiers. The Reman guards blew up the corridor between us and the attackers to buy us some time. We barely made it to the pods.
    Commander Nora'dex, the Reman guards, my grandfather, an injured Centurion, and and myself were in the same pod. We carried a Uhlan with us into the escape pod. He had a hole several inches across through his chest. The rest of the medical personal, and what was left of the bridge crew and security detail, got into the other pods. We launched and cloaked the pods.
    Our escape pod was damaged shortly after launch. We must have hit some wreckage or something. We had limited power, so we couldn't use our better medical equipment.
    We used our basic instruments and field med-kits to treat my grandfather, the Centurion, and the Uhlan. The Uhlan died ten minutes after launch. The Centurion died the next day. My grandfather was in very bad shape. We risked using every ounce of power we could out of the pod and managed to keep him alive with our higher grade medical equipment.
    He stabilized long enough to ask us to dress him in the Centurion's clothes and pretend that the 'General' had died in battle. We understood. He had lost his honor, he was disgraced. We agreed to do it.
    I realized that this was also a chance to get away from my family's disappointment of me. So I became nurse Neral, a nurse who was gunned down on the way to the escape pods.
    Commander Nora'dex sent out coded distress signals. We just waited, adrift in space for several days. Life support began to fail. We weren't going to make it much longer.
    Then you came alone and rescued us. And you know the rest. We pretended that my grandfather was just the Centurion, and that I was nurse Neral. And then my grandfather was murdered!" She had done well. She had remained calm throughout all of this. Likely numb from the battle. But now she almost broke down, barely holding back tears. She hadn't had time to process, much less mourn, the loss of her grandfather.
    Vardok remained contemplatively quiet for several minutes. What have we done? If only they hadn't remained cloaked in their escape pods. Their lives could have been saved.      
    And if Nora'dex hadn't attacked, all those Romulans wouldn't have died needlessly.
    How many Romulans have died needlessly because of my orders to fire? Hundreds? Thousands? Tens of thousands?
     How many of them were barely more than children, just serving because they had to, with no ill will towards us? What have all the wars gained us? So many dead. And now this! An old Romulan dead! And his granddaughter left alive and alone.
    Come on Vardok. Now's not the time for this.
    And why not! Don't these questions NEED to be asked! I need to do what's right!
    What's right... what's right... right now, that's saving lives on our side in this battle. That's the priority now. We have to win this, so that more innocent Romulans, Remans, and Humans, don't die needless because of the Empire.
    Okay. Focus. What have I learned. This nurse is General S'Teveirr's granddaughter. She says she got along with him. If the rest of her story is true, then she didn't have a an obvious motive to murder him. But is it true? How much did she leave out? She lied before, she can do it again.
    Blast it I wish the computers were working. Then I could perform a lie detection test. Oh well, I've got to work with what I've got.
    Those Reman guards. She said that they were S'Teveirr's personal guards. We thought they were Nora'dex's. That changes things. Or does it? Were they loyal to their General? Was Nora'dex? He sure didn't seem like it when he was bad-mouthing him last night. But I can't assume one way or the other. I need proof.

OOC
Sorry this isn't longer, but I started this at 8:00PM, and it's 12:00AM now, so... yeah... so much for working on getting sleep. Well, this will be continued. Smile Edits may happen though.
End OOC
Johnnyred
Johnnyred
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet
Species: Human
https://phoenixcommandgroup.rpg-board.net

Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:42 am
[OOC That was a lot of OOC's.  Especially when we have an OOC topic.  XD  Also... after Starship Troopers: Invasion, I would consider Carl one of Rico's besties anymore.  XD  By the way, Starship Troopers does not come recommended by Johnnyred unless we are speaking of the book.  The movies have certain "scenes" that are not necessary to plot development.  I'm not saying that the stories aren't good and that there isn't a lot of cool stuff in it.  But let it suffice to say that I will never watch the movies for a second time.  (I have not seen Roughnecks so I can't vouch for it.  It did air on a children's channel at a children's slot and was actually advertised in the November-December 1999 LEGO Mania Magazine.  /End OOC]

[OOC @ Dino - Dude... your story gets better and better. Razz /End OOC]
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:56 am
OOC
Were those live action movies? I don't know about this series. Razz but the linked content was either CGI or animated. And it was clean, language and all. Eh, anyways. The newer Trek films were known to have some stuffs in them too.

Thanks J-red! I take it you're caught up?

End OOC
Johnnyred
Johnnyred
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet

Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:01 pm
[OOC @ Dino Starship Troopers 1-3 were live action, Invasion was CGI, and Roughneck Chronicles was CGI.

Roughneck must've been a kid's show, however, the live action and CGI "scenes" that I was speaking of were more along the line of R-rated "scenes" whereas Star Trek has more like PG-13 scenes.

Anyway, not quite caught up yet, almost though. Razz/End OOC]

PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:04 pm
OOC: @All: Okay, basically the clip thing is from Roughnecks: Starship Troopers Chronicles. It is based off of the original Starship Troopers movie/book (loosely) but is completely separate. It was a PG-13 show (at least the DVD releases) and features little to no violence (at least on the humans/although there's obvious references: the brain bugs for example which essentially drill into your skull and dig your brain out). It expands the original SST universe much more with multiple planetary campaigns, references to OPC, more units, more bugs, and several different characters. TBH, I would highly recommend watching it if you have the time as every episode is on Youtube, and it's non-stop action with some of the political allusions thrown in. Plot is simple but there's deeper stuff underneath it. However, the sires was never completed, with the three final episodes never aired. In order of campaigns: Pluto, Hydora (a water world), Tophet (a desert world inhabited by "Skinnies"), Tesca [Nemerosa] (a jungle planet), Zephyr (a frozen asteroid), Klendathu (the bugs' homeworld), Trackers (not a campaign, but an episode/in space), and the Homefront (Earth) Campaign.

Starship Troopers 1-3 and Invasion, contain, as J-red said, some...questionable content. This would be referencing people like Trig from SST: Invasion. I'm sure J-red knows what I mean. Razz

@J-red: Lol! And what? Never watch it a second time? I tried to find the plot of everything on the SST wiki, since my parents restrict what I can watch! Sad I watched the first SST when I was about 3 or 4 (I'm not even kidding) and my parents have never let me watch it again. Sad So, my point is, I probably forgot a lot of stuff...only thing I remember somewhat is Rico blowing up the Tanker Bug (the flamethrower one), Diz and Rico that one time (another thing which you meant Razz), Zander with his brain drilled out, the Invasion of Klendathu, Carl (or was it Levy?) with his hand stuck to the wall or something because Zim threw the knife into his hand, Zim capturing the Brain Bug, and someone using a nuke to save the squad. Razz

End OOC
Lonestar
Lonestar
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:28 pm
OOC:

Guys, let's keep OOC comments limited to things that are generally concerned with this RPG. MM and PXR, you guys got significantly off-topic. I know things like that will happen once in awhile (I've probably done something like that myself at some time), but 3+ off-topic OOCs is a bit much. Razz

So if you have anything more to discuss about this sci-fi story you're talking about, please continue it in PMs. Wink

End OOC
Johnnyred
Johnnyred
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet

Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:03 pm
[OOC to the GM can we get some action going? Razz
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:18 am
OOC @Scare: I'm really sorry about that. Sorry, I just got sort of...carried away. Razz But ditto with J-red! Razz Actually never mind, I need to finish my attack barge before D-day so that I have a proper transport, dropship, and carrier... Razz Sorry, but at 12k bricks, my computer lagggggsssss.... Neutral Sad Razz
Lonestar
Lonestar
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:50 pm
OOC @J-red:
I'm awaiting others to finish some of their entries. The attack will continue once I feel that everyone is sufficiently ready. I will, however, probably sit down and make a good long GM post that moves us along REALLY fast. Wink
End OOC

OOC to PXR:
LOL, you're quite forgiven. It's easy to get carried away when you like something. Wink And don't feel too rushed with your attack barge. Honestly, the later it comes, the better. My plot would favor a late arrival if it was necessary. Wink
End OOC
Lonestar
Lonestar
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:15 pm
As Commander Turson is heading toward the transporter room, he is suddenly stopped by Lieutenant Smythe, who steps out of his personal quarters to meet the Commander.

"Sir, could I speak to you a moment?" Smythe asks nervously.

"Smythe! I thought you were on the bri--"

"I stepped out for a moment. But please, Commander, could I speak with you?"

"No time now, Smythe," replies the Commander. "I'm on my way to rendezvous with Captain Johnnyred and the others for a meeting with the PXE officers."

"But sir, this is vitally important!" pleads Smythe, following Turson as he walks down the hall.

"Smythe, it is vitally important that we have more allies!" Turson replies. "We have little hope now that the Romulan Star Empire does not expect us. But even if it doesn't, we need as many allies as possible. I am beginning to see more and more how hopeless our mission is."

"Sir, the Empire knows every facet of what's going on here," Smythe choaks as they both enter the transporter room.

Turson stops in his tracks and stares at Smythe, at first puzzledly but then coldly.

"What are you trying to say, Smythe?" he asks, already guessing the answer.

"I...I am a traitor," the lieutenant replies.

"Guards!" Turson shrieks. Two armed Klingon guards step forward. "Keep this man restrained at all times, and come with me! He has some explaining to do to me, to Johnnyred, and to the entire Sons of Liberty taskforce!"

Turson, the guards, and Smythe step onto the transporter beam, and within minutes arrive on Johnnyred's personal flagship.

"Lieutenant," Turson says to an officer at the transporter controls. "Contact Captain Johnnyred. I have some very interesting news for him..."
Johnnyred
Johnnyred
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet

Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:38 pm
"Captain." Bob's voice sounds over Johnnyred's comm link. "COommander Turson has beamed aboard with three others. He says he needs to speak with you about something important."

"Roger that, Bob." Johnnyred replies heading out of the conference room. "Have him go to my quarters. Tell Major Johnson to escort the PXE ambassadors to the conference room when they arrive. They are to be treated and served as our honored guests. Have chef Bill whip up something good for them."

"Aye, sir." Bob replies. The Commander and his party are waiting at your room now."

"Thank you, Bob, that'll be all.

Johnnred rounds the corner and spots Turson with his guard and Smyth being restrained. Pausing for a moment, Johnnyred opens the door to his quarters.

"Go inside. And tell me everything."
Lonestar
Lonestar
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:49 pm
Commander Turson salutes Johnnyred, and enters the Captain's quarters.

"Captain, while I was on my way to the transporter room," begins Turson. "Lieutenant Smythe here met me and told me he had something vitally important to discuss with me. At first I told him to wait, but then he confessed that..." Turson pauses in a kind of mild disgust. "...that he's a traitor."

"Smythe," he turns to the restrained traitor. "I want you to tell the Captain and me everything--absolutely everything."

Smythe pauses a moment, as if hesitating to actually continue with his confession, but after a moment stands up straight and speaks in a resolved yet trembling voice.

"I have been a traitor ever since I joined the Phoenix Command Group," he says. "I was born to human parents who were captured by the Romulan Star Empire and educated by the Imperials. They wanted to use me as the ultimate spy. At first, I was to be assigned to the Federation, to undermine it as much as I could, but when the PCG was founded and began growing in strength, the Empress decided I would be of better use here.
"I did my best to appear loyal to the PCG in all its causes, and as such made great progress within a matter of months. Shortly after I entered the PCG I met you, Commander, and quickly grew in your confidence. When you made me your official aide, I began to relay as much information as I could to the Empire--often to the Empress herself.
"And that brings us to current events. Sir, ever since this taskforce was formed, I have been relaying information about it to the Imperials. They know what your strengths and weaknesses are, and they know the numbers of ships you have. When you arrive at Rator III, they will be expecting you. They have been expecting you for weeks."

Turson jumps to his feet in anger and astonishment.

"So are you saying that this entire venture is in vain?" he shouts.

"Not entirely," replies the lieutenant. "In my treachery, I yet have grown...fond of the PCG, and of many of its members. I lied to the Empress about the exact intentions of your assault. She believes you will be striking the side of the planet opposite the capital so that you can destroy the vast amount of natural resources they have there. She does not expect an assault on the capital. Nearly all of the planet's navy and a great many of its ground forces are stationed on the opposite side of Rator III."

Turson turns to Johnnyred.

"What do you suggest we do now, sir? Can we trust him?"
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:58 pm
OOC @Scare: Ha, considering PXE barely told you guys anything, you don't know our exact strength, nor does your wonderful Smythe (who, if he betrayed the PXE, would be tortured to death). One thing though: it wouldn't take much time for the Romulans to reposition their fleets and ground forces with use of dropships. Razz
Johnnyred
Johnnyred
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet

Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:45 pm
Johnnyred remains quiet for a moment.  "I don't know.  But at least we know now that we're expected.  I say we go in, and go in hot.  We'll have every stargate and Wave Motion Drive equipped ship on standby as well."

He turns to look at Smythe.  "As for you."  He starts.  "Put him in the brig.  Under heavy guard.  By Starquest.  I don't want any redshirts near him."

Glaring at Smythe he says, "You should be glad you weren't part of another faction. You probably would be missing your head by now."
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:01 pm
In orbit around Olarth

PXR himself, of the First Fleet and First Division stood, facing a projector, along with four other high-ranking officers. They watched intently as Olarth burst into flame, with PXE MI units fighting at point-blank range against the brutal Mukara creatures.

“Olarth has been completely ravaged. The city is already destroyed. No one would have survived. A Mukara can smell another living creature from dozens of kilometers away. Those that aren’t dead are dying, or are waiting to be eaten. Every single MI unit on the surface was lost.”

Several of the officers shook their heads in disgust and regret. “However, with the city completely lost, and Mukaran forces all focused in the city, I propose a mass airstrike to eradicate all Mukaran resistance in the area. With the Aquila barges only two hours from the area, we could drop clean-up MI units to wipe the area clean.”

“Sir, even with our fighters, we don’t have the firepower to take out all of the Mukara at once. The city is so massive that formations even numbering at over 2500 could not wipe out Olarth.”

“No sir. You’re wrong. We will split all of our fighters into 48 fighter platoons, all Shrikes, carrying all AGM’s. Each platoon will bomb a single sub- sector, then return to its respective carrier ship. When the barges arrive, we can initiate Phase 2 of Operation Clean-Up and nuke the place sky-high with additional Shrike bomber units. The Mukara can’t hit us in the skies, and the city has almost nonexistent cover now. Targets in the open, all in the same general location will make the AGM’s doubly effective.”

One of the other generals turned to PXR. “This is an ambitious plan. Even if our bombers can destroy everything above ground and several hundred meters below it, the Mukara in the sub-tunnels will survive. Our tunnels are fireproof.”

PXR rotated his head sixty degrees so he was directly facing the general. He gave him a hard look. “I want the 1st ready for combat. We drop in 30. Order them to get their gear and bring along extra supplies. We’ll be behind enemy lines until that bombing run.”

He then stared each of the other generals in the eye. “I want every squadron briefed by 0500. If we’re not back by 0510, keep the bombers on standby for ten. Commence bombing run afterward as planned if we’re still not back.”

They gazed at PXR, somewhat bewildered by his orders. Returning a cold glance to each of them, he proclaimed, “That’s an order.” as he stalked out of the command center. Finally arriving at the starboard primary hangar bay of the Taurus Class Battlecruiser, he scanned his fireteam. It was composed of four MI-3 Taipans, which would be controlled remotely from the vessel.

The same general from the command center panted up to PXR, nodding at the MI units and saluting him simultaneously. “Sir, we have a…situation.”

PXR slowly looked up, as the general’s implications began to dawn on him. “Mukara?”

This time, it was the general’s turn to be shocked. “No sir. I found smoking holes in the bodies. It wasn’t a PXE electron beam. It’s…it’s a bolt weapon.”

PXR spun around this time, staring straight at the general, his eyes behind his visor locked on the general’s own eyes. But he kept his voice calm, devoid of any emotion. Nevertheless, he could not prevent feelings of…almost sadness sprouting inside him. But the sensations quickly ceased as his focus returned to the situation at hand. “Alert all crew members and MI units. I want this entire ship to be searched inside and out. Lockdown all hangar bays.”

The general responded, “Already done sir. But…this was no native weapon. It had to come from outside. Domestic terrorists would never use bolt weapons…too weak and too unreliable.”

PXR retreated into his own mind for several seconds. “Diameter and circumference. Immediately.”

“Sir yes sir.”

PXR sprinted down through the hangar bay, heading straight into his quarters. ”If anyone wants to kill the 1st, they’d be looking for me. Or would they?” Doubt and uncertainty began swirling in his mind, bringing about confusion. ”Stay focused." he thought to himself. Security personnel were trotting through the hallways in every direction. As he jumped past a corner he looked at the elevator. Rethinking his POA, he ripped out his AR-5, spitting a grappling hook into the maintenance shaft above. He yanked down on the cable and ripped open the small scaffold patterned hatch before propelling himself into the shaft. Suddenly, his wrist pad emitted a small “beep” in his ears. He stiffened. “What is it?”

It was the voice of the general. “This is General Carlson, sir. I’ve located an unregistered signature at…” He transmitted the coordinates to PXR.

PXR locked onto the coordinates. "Huh, the Secondary Bridge…something’s up…” “Good work General. Order your security team to rendezvous at those coordinates. Evacuate all personnel there.”

“Sir, I report only one alive. No survivors.”

“Orders remain the same general. I want it alive whatever it is.”

“Copy that.”

PXR continued down the shaft, following the flashing dot on his wrist pad. “Not good. Why’s he even in the secondary bridge? What’s there?” He continued reviewing the possibilities inside his mind. “There’s only fleet documents, the 73rd’s reports…the 73rd’s reports! And only a Romulan would be interested…”

“This is General Carlson to PXR, bolt blasts identified as PCG weaponry. We believe he is a saboteur. Records reveal that this is a modern bolt pistol. However, we can draw no conclusion on whether he is independent or affiliated with the PCG’s intelligence teams.”

“PXR to General Carlson, con-” However, he was cut off mid-sentence. “This is Sierra Two, we have failure in nacelle B! Mayday, mayday! Reporting all personnel stationed in Secondary Bridge killed! Bolt weapons!”

PXR slowly realized the situation. Suddenly, similar reports were transmitted from two other PXE warships, as the situation deteriorated. “This is PXR to all ships, lock-”. Once again, he was cut off, but this time by a massive shockwave which threw him backwards. It was a collision. Too large for anything asteroid-sized. A ship. Another PXE ship.

OOC: Is it okay if I use it like that? End OOC

Last edited by PXR on Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Johnnyred
Johnnyred
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet

Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:08 pm
[OOC ... PCG doesn't use hand phasers anymore except for dress uniforms. We use bolt weapons ala Halo. Razz. [
End OOC]
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum