Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)
Faction : United Federation of Planets

F-618 Sephrine Multirole Fighter Empty F-618 Sephrine Multirole Fighter

Mon May 23, 2016 6:20 pm
The last time we saw this fighter, it was codenamed the IDC-Z8J but I had no idea what formal name to call it. Tetrahedron suggested a deviation from Star Force's traditional naming mechanism, so here it is, then:

Introducing the F-618 Sephrine, a Multirole Aerospace Superiority Fighter. This puts it in the same "niche" as the Star Phoenix.

See pictures here: https://imgur.com/a/gW2R0

I'm going to talk about this plane not from an in-universe standpoint but from the builder's standpoint, since I'm not up to talking much about how it's better than the other planes. So, the build is pretty complicated, but it ends up looking really good! I accomplished some cool shapes.

Now, there are a number of changes that differentiate the Sephrine from the IDC-Z8J prototype, based on feedback by you guys, including:

1. Two tailfins instead of three.
2. Recoloration of components and engines.
3. Redesigned wings, reshaped, thicker and smoother.
4. Redesigned fuselage, reshaped, more traditional, thinner.
5. Four afterburners instead of two.
6. Redesigned auxiliary thruster system.

The Sephrine is a much more satisfactory design than the IDC-Z8J.

LDD file can be downloaded from here when it is approved by the mods:
http://www.us.lego.com/en-us/gallery/bde71957-ac58-4e6d-a2c5-e91b5b1f6d79?index=1

Interested in hearing your feedback!

- Talmid out!
Kojan
Kojan
High Admiral (CIR)
High Admiral (CIR)
Faction : Caldera Imperial Republic

Character sheet
Faction:
Species: Human
https://phoenixcommandgroup.rpg-board.net/

F-618 Sephrine Multirole Fighter Empty Re: F-618 Sephrine Multirole Fighter

Tue May 24, 2016 7:19 pm
Aw man, this is my favorite fighter of yours yet. I love that smooth transition from the cockpit to the tail fins! The bottom is a little flat, but overall it's a very good model.

Last edited by Kojan on Sun May 29, 2016 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Khent-sa

Tue May 24, 2016 7:29 pm
Hmmmm... Gonna have to concur with Kojan on this one. While it's admittedly not the prettiest fighter in the PCG-verse, it's one of your best thus far, and has some really interesting snot techniques. Transitions are smooth, wing sweep is nice, new name is a good change of pace... the only major nitpick I have is the engine array, which just looks too small/underpowered IMO. Other than that, well done! Razz
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)
Faction : United Federation of Planets

Wed May 25, 2016 12:58 am
Thanks guys!  This would have to be my new favorite aerospacecraft as well.  The Star Falcon and Phoenix have evolved well and remain very simple, practical, but aesthetically pleasing builds - this is much more complicated, and I think it's actually quite pretty - but perhaps more aggressive.

The rear triangle behind the cockpit, with the silver vents, is supposed to be the integrated dilithium core.  The nacelles bulge out under the wings, they have the forward facing transparent blue bussard collectors and those massive exhaust vents at the rear.  Additional thrusters are on the upper and lower surfaces of the wings/nacelles for achieving ludicrous speed.  Lastly, the black and red component on the underside of the craft at the rear, beneath the fins, is the redesigned auxiliary chemical burn thruster.
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:54 am
This thing is so sleek, and so aggressive. It's gorgeous.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum