Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Khent-sa

Threat 0xZRQ448E - Target codename "Adulator" Empty Threat 0xZRQ448E - Target codename "Adulator"

Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:52 pm
Threat 0xZRQ448E - Target codename "Adulator" Main_p10

The Support Frigate Type 69 Acraenos-pattern Mk.42 ―officially codenamed "Adulator"― is a support frigate/light destroyer employed by Draugr Clan Acraenos for both direct and indirect combat support. The Adulator is primarily used as a tactical carrier or torpedo boat, though usage in direct combat or electronic warfare roles aren't unheard of either. Like most Acraenos ships, it doesn't carry quite as may weapons as its peers in the other Clans― though what weapons it does have hit harder, and the vessel itself is somewhat sturdier. The Adulator's main two features are thus: an extensive prow-mounted sensor array coupled with above-average communications systems; and a bow macromodule slot, where varying modules can be outfitted to better specialize the ship for its role. A full briefing on what we know of the vessel's capabilities and features can be found here.

Stats & Info:
-Classification: Support Frigate
-Role: Fire support, light combat, ECM, ECCM, tactical carrier, missile boat
-Dimensions:
    • Length: 320 meters
    • Beam: 97 meters
    • Draft: 112 meters
    • Mass: Unknown
-Crew: Unknown
-Armaments: Varies heavily
-Defenses: Average-strength armor
Shields: Average-strength Draugr shielding
-Propulsion:
    • 1x Light aspion-emission catalyst engines
    • 5x Tactical Leptonic-reacton catalyst engines
-Powerplant: Unknown, though lack of remote recharging equipment suggests own internal reactor
-Strike Craft: None by default; can carry modules to carry some strike craft
-Other: N/A

Visual Data:

So this was supposed to be a sort of birthday gift to Hakann, Dino, and S-H, seeing as their birthdays were all clustered pretty close together (Hakann and Dino on the 19th, S-H on the 20th); but life intervened, and the description expanded like it always seems to, so I couldn't actually upload it until now. Still, better late than never. Razz
    This is actually one of my favorite models that I've ever made, if only because the bridge reminds me of a WWII-era battleship in space. I really do like it. Razz The actual model itself was decent; I'm a bit rusty, so it's perhaps not my greatest work, but I still think it turned out OK― particularly the engine section. Razz My main concern is that it's honestly a bit too similar to the Arquebus for my liking― though both ships are based of the Vaygr Assault Craft from Homeworld (as usual, for the Draugr), so I guess that makes sense. Razz
    On a side note: not sure what happened to the image quality, but I swear the local file is way better; for some reason, uploading it really killed the quality. No idea why, but it seems to be pretty common...

Dropbox link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kzunznar9w6vz60/Draugr%20Adulator%20%28Type%2069%20Mk.42%29.lxf?dl=0

Comments/criticism/questions/concerns are welcome, as always!

Last edited by Tetrahedron on Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:36 pm; edited 2 times in total

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Captain Nathaniel Pike
Captain Nathaniel Pike
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Threat 0xZRQ448E - Target codename "Adulator" Empty Re: Threat 0xZRQ448E - Target codename "Adulator"

Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:32 pm
Very nice. I'm a big fan of the battleship-esque look for starships. Solid construction and nice details... unlike most of my ships, it doesn't feel flat and boring. Razz
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Khent-sa

Threat 0xZRQ448E - Target codename "Adulator" Empty Re: Threat 0xZRQ448E - Target codename "Adulator"

Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:50 pm
S-H: Yeah, the description is actually took the most of all the components needed to get the ship up here― actually building it included. Razz Took some effort to flesh out this ship's capabilities and history in the PCG-verse; glad to hear I did a good job. Thanks! Razz

SD: Aye, the battleship-esque look is probably my favorite aspect of this ship. Thanks! Razz
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum