Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Faction : MSI
http://starwarplay.forumotion.com/

XCV-110 Series Additions Empty XCV-110 Series Additions

Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:01 pm
Picture spam!
XCV-114 MBT:
So, I tried to take a page or two from PXR's building book and added in an engine in the front, as well as ammo racks even if the turret is an isolated component on all of my vehicles. It's LEGO, and it lets me make my models modular so I can do things like make one chassis with six variants.
That being said, new tank, and to me it looks to the most tank-esque of anything I've built, although there's definitely a Merkava feel to it with the ingress/egress being through a rear-mounted, top-hinged hatch. *shrugs*

XCV-115 SPH:
Nothing really different from the XCV-114, just the fact that rather than a turret it's a casemate and the standard MBT vs SPH stuff. Might try to merge the casemate into the body of the vehicle though, because I might actually be able to pull that off...

XCV-116 SPAD:
Again, nothing really worth mentioning here, just my SPAD turret on a new chassis. I do need to switch out what the ammo man in the main body would be tending to - SAMs mostly, with the quad's ammo being "inside the turret" and such.

XCV-117 MCV:
Again, nothing much to say other than reiterate the need to alter the interior to accommodate the turret's ammo needs. Unfortunately I couldn't get the radar panel/plow to work on this body so I switched it out to a front-mounted excavator bucket. Still works for clearing out mines, just need EOD techs (who might get put into the main body since there's room) to defuse any explosives in the bucket.

So that's the progress of a few hours' work today, since I randomly hopped into LDD as it's the weekend and I got bored. College is going well for those who might be wondering, although it has required an overhaul of my scheduling and mentality. Honestly I'm glad I make these things so easy to swap out because I could make four vehicles after enough tinkering with the main chassis to make all of them work.
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Khent-sa

XCV-110 Series Additions Empty Re: XCV-110 Series Additions

Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:57 pm
Hmmm, what to say that I haven't on earlier designs?

*check said earlier designs*

...quite a bit, actually. Razz

Probably the main thing that stands out is the increased attention to detail. The engine, ammo, and coaxial MG-analogue* on the MBT all fit well and add some nice character to the vehicles. The engineering one does look kinda off with the excavator-thingy- but seeing as you've recognized it yourself, I don't see much point in dwelling on it. The built-in green vision thingy also looks suitably cool.

Glad to hear college is going well; I believe most people end up stranded without an internet connection when they move in, so it seems you lucked out in that regard. Razz GLHF with the transition anyway. Razz

*...at least, I assume that's what's beside the main gun?
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Lord Commandant (MSI)

Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:27 pm
Yes, it's a coaxial MG - Gatling gun rather than a single-barrel, because why not? I'm planning on fitting the engine into the other XCV-110 series models, although fitting ammo may be trickier but at least most of those are just auto-cannon or MG ammo, or missiles that, frankly, could be stored in external modules. About the only thing I don't like about the ammo is the inability to put in the appropriate number of rounds carried and B) to properly compartmentalize the ammo storage. I might work on rear blow-out panels or something to help with that, although that'd jeopardize the rear hatch... *shrugs*

But yeah, I'm really happy with all of these except the MCV. I'm going to see what I can do about that, at some other point. But, ah, I've been in college since - literally - my birthday back in August...
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:56 pm
These are all really cool! Great work! Although I really like all of them, the XCV-114 stands out in my eyes as the best of a very fine lot.
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Lord Commandant (MSI)

Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:29 pm
Dino: Thank you kindly - and yes, although the turret is unchanged in the past...three? tank models, this one truly says "I am a TANK, fear me." Just took looking at an Israeli Merkava MBT for me to be happy with the place I kept putting my turrets. I'd never place them "far enough forward" to suit me, but the Merkava has it farther back as I end up doing, so I'm rather pleased.

Plus, the fact that it's on the XCV-110 platform is also an in- and out-of-universe benefit. Razz
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Lord Commandant (MSI)

Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:41 pm
(Yes, evil double-post. I want the notification to light up.)

XCV-111 IFV 1.2:

So I swapped out the Bradley-esque turret for a BMPT Terminator turret. I think I like it better, although I might mess with it later on.

Last edited by Lord Commandant Jace on Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:16 am
Honestly, it's your topic, this is a small, only semi-active forum, and I don't care if you double post. Razz It means I get to see more of your excellent designs. Razz 

Anyways, interesting design! I love how smooth and flowing it is.
Lord Admiral Ariklego
Lord Admiral Ariklego
Lord Admiral (MSI)
Lord Admiral (MSI)
Faction : Minotaur Space Imperium; Greylark Provincial Navy
Location : New Carradock, Imperial Core Territories, MSI Space

Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:19 pm
Sorry, late post. (I've been in college too the last two weeks, and it's kept me quite busy Razz)

I love it as usual, ARC. Razz At first some of the proportions looked off (like the width of the turret, some of the slope angles, etc.), then I looked at the Merkava myself, and now I think I'm sold. Razz
Grand Minister Dyma Alcel
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Faction : Koine Telos
Location : Blood & Thunder, Brachialis-type freighter, KT space

Character sheet
Faction: Other
Species: Human
http://tilde.town/~nikolojedison

Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:08 pm
It definitely looks quite interesting. Top gun looks very "pew pew"-y.
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Lord Commandant (MSI)

Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:51 am
Dino27 wrote:Honestly, it's your topic, this is a small, only semi-active forum, and I don't care if you double post. Razz It means I get to see more of your excellent designs. Razz 

Anyways, interesting design! I love how smooth and flowing it is.

Thanks, Dino: have another!
XVC-117 MCV 1.2:
I fixed it! Very Happy

RPG Raptor Shark IN SPACE wrote:Sorry, late post. (I've been in college too the last two weeks, and it's kept me quite busy Razz)

I love it as usual, ARC. Razz At first some of the proportions looked off (like the width of the turret, some of the slope angles, etc.), then I looked at the Merkava myself, and now I think I'm sold. Razz

Trust me, I don't blame you for being busy in college. I just have a system that allows me some decent free time, for now. But yeah someone mentioned it to me, so I looked it up and said "I'mma build dat." Razz

nikolojedison wrote:It definitely looks quite interesting. Top gun looks very "pew pew"-y.

You talking about the XCV-111 IFV 1.2?
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:53 pm
Re XVC-117 MCV 1.2 you nailed it. With the new plow, it's a completed vehicle. I would dare even to call it beautiful, in a utilitarian, practical sort of way, well done with it, and all the rest!
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Khent-sa

Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:31 pm
Hmm... at first glance, I'd say the low needs work- but given the fact that finding one that even worked was difficult, I'd say it came out pretty well. Still really loving the turret on the MCV, dunno if I mentioned that earlier. Razz
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Lord Commandant (MSI)

Character sheet

Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:25 pm
Yeah, I was talking about the XCV-111 IFV 1.2. On the MCV 1.2, it looks like it could shove pretty much any opposition off of the nearest cliff. Very stout and sturdy.
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Lord Commandant (MSI)

Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:21 am
Dino27 wrote:Re XVC-117 MCV 1.2 you nailed it. With the new plow, it's a completed vehicle. I would dare even to call it beautiful, in a utilitarian, practical sort of way, well done with it, and all the rest!
I am really pleased with how the new plow turned out. It's not as sleek as it could have been, but I kinda like the solidity to it, and the little claws on the end... infantry beware! Twisted Evil

MAGNANIMOUS SPACE PYRAMID wrote:Hmm... at first glance, I'd say the low needs work- but given the fact that finding one that even worked was difficult, I'd say it came out pretty well. Still really loving the turret on the MCV, dunno if I mentioned that earlier. Razz
If you have, I'll say what I would have then: I'm not in love with it, but it does its job pretty well. It's mean to be like the USMC's Assault Breacher Vehicle.

nikolojedison wrote:Yeah, I was talking about the XCV-111 IFV 1.2. On the MCV 1.2, it looks like it could shove pretty much any opposition off of the nearest cliff. Very stout and sturdy.
That was the goal on both of them. I think I'm still going to work in the IFV 1.2's turret some more, make it more like the BMPT Terminator's I think.

Also, because I was bored...
XCV-118 APC:
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)
Faction : United Federation of Planets

Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:49 am
I agree with the general consensus here. These are very nice looking tanks! :O I think the XCV-111's my fave, some reason it reminds me of my star fighters. I like the headlights.
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Lord Commandant (MSI)

Character sheet

Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:20 pm
The XCV-118 is quite intriguing, especially how the top opens up. Whole thing is nice and tidy.
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Lord Commandant (MSI)

Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:49 pm
Talmid wrote:I agree with the general consensus here.  These are very nice looking tanks! :O I think the XCV-111's my fave, some reason it reminds me of my star fighters.  I like the headlights.
The Triple Ace isn't a tenk, is IFV. But thank you, I appreciate the compliment. I think once I get a couple other versions of this guy into production I'll be settled regarding ground combat element stuff. Next will be atmospheric combat elements - fighters, bombers, etc.

nikolojedison wrote:The XCV-118 is quite intriguing, especially how the top opens up. Whole thing is nice and tidy.
I was thinking WWII-style amphibs, how they had open tops and ramps, so I figured that the metal on top could open/close for various reasons. Push comes to shove - remove from vehicle, turn into cover for the Squad it carries. But it also made a point to myself - a minifig sitting and a minifig standing need about the same clearances, so that's why the XCV-114 through XCV-117 look so tall. The straight sides don't help much either but I like the look too much to angle the tops like I should. Call it spaced armor or storage or something. Razz
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum