Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)
Faction : United Federation of Planets

F-638c Super Star Hawk Class Light Fighter Empty F-638c Super Star Hawk Class Light Fighter

Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:11 pm
F-638c Super Star Hawk Class Light Fighter 4a26dd01-3166-47c5-9b98-39ab98ba3043?xml=1&showmedia=1&width=800&height=582
F-638c Super Star Hawk Class Light Fighter A5c41b64-ace8-42dc-b7d8-076be1c31c3f?xml=1&showmedia=1&width=800&height=582F-638c Super Star Hawk Class Light Fighter 4fff162b-412c-4e61-9868-69532074d65d?xml=1&showmedia=1&width=800&height=582

ELDEEDEE file

The original Star Hawk design served the role of Star Force's basic light fighter. The base models were equipped with minimal weapons, just two phaser cannons and nothing else. An Interceptor version, with upgraded weapons, shields, and engines was built to realize the model's full combat potential.

USFI's new F-638c Super Star Hawk is just about an entirely new machine, but is built to fulfill the same role taken on by the original Star Hawk.

The Super Star Hawk, or Star Hawk III, depending on the name you prefer, comes armed with two MP1000 Light Phaser Cannons and a micro torpedo launcher, along with four external munitions slots for added destructive capability.

While the original Star Hawk churned out power from two external dilithium core engines, the Super Star Hawk makes its energy from an internal dilithium core engine optimized for light fighters, like what's equipped inside the Star Ranger II. This family of internal engines actually has its roots in an earlier Star Force single engined light strike fighter, the Shrike.

The new Super Star Hawk is shorter, narrower, and overall dimensionally smaller than the outgoing Star Hawk. While bearing similar shape to the original model, the Super Star Hawk brings into effect all of United Star Fighters Inc.'s modern fighter design aspects. The new Star Hawk is an effective replacement for Star Force's light fighter segment.

~Stats~
Armament:
- x2 MP-1000 Light Phaser cannons
- x1 Universal micro torpedo launcher
- x4 external small munition mounts

Defenses:
- Ablative armor
- Deflector shielding

Power systems:
- Internal micro dilithium processing core
- Sublight impulse engines
- Chemical boost thrusters

Speed:
- 4/5 stars
Agility:
- 4/5 stars
Durability:
- 3.5/5 stars

F-638c Super Star Hawk Class Light Fighter 2561aabb-cd3a-4637-acec-567e3c13bd32?xml=1&showmedia=1&width=800&height=563
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

F-638c Super Star Hawk Class Light Fighter Empty Re: F-638c Super Star Hawk Class Light Fighter

Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:28 pm
That's a nice little fighter! It doesn't stand out to me as your coolest fighter, but it is well built and realistic in specifications, so well done! Very Happy
Lord Admiral Ariklego
Lord Admiral Ariklego
Lord Admiral (MSI)
Lord Admiral (MSI)
Faction : Minotaur Space Imperium; Greylark Provincial Navy
Location : New Carradock, Imperial Core Territories, MSI Space

F-638c Super Star Hawk Class Light Fighter Empty Re: F-638c Super Star Hawk Class Light Fighter

Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:21 pm
Nice Talmid!

I notice you've been using SNOT undersides on your fighters lately. Very nice work, especially in such a thin space.
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)

Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:37 pm
I'll tell you, it's beyond nightmarish to do complex work like SNOT, Sideways Studs, and fabricating angular shapes not currently supported in official LEGO pieces when it comes to fighters.  This one was the worst.

I think two things which stood out to me the most with this build are that the Super Star Hawk ended up looking quite a bit like a Star Falcon, and I can't remember the other thing since I went afk for a minute in the middle of making this post.
Lord Admiral Ariklego
Lord Admiral Ariklego
Lord Admiral (MSI)
Lord Admiral (MSI)
Faction : Minotaur Space Imperium; Greylark Provincial Navy
Location : New Carradock, Imperial Core Territories, MSI Space

Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:46 pm
Dunno if this helps at all or if you haven't already figured any of these out for yourself, but here's a few nice techniques that I like a lot for getting studs facing two different directions: https://i.servimg.com/u/f18/17/53/85/97/snot10.png
Maybe these'll be handy in some way. Smile
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)

Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:51 pm
Yes, those are fantastic! :O Thank you so much!  I need those! Razz

I've been doing this:
F-638c Super Star Hawk Class Light Fighter OVrNIJA
so far which takes up too much vertical space compared to those solutions, especially the lower-right most one in your picture.  Those will be very helpful to me, I wish I could thank you enough! Very Happy

I should build you a plane.
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)

Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:54 pm
I think this is actually my favorite of my fighters now, until I get the Falcon some new wings for its Generation 6. I tried building a bomber to really replace the Star Cruiser too, but the shape went wrong and I'm not sure how to fix it up - it's sort of in pieces right now.

Also, you know those older airplane videos, with the electronic music and the plane just flying? I'm contemplating the feasibility of making one of those. It's actually not feasible at all, because of layering limitations with Windows Movie Maker and all of its other quirks. Also I'm giving Talmid Show a higher priority to a plane video. Well, it's just an idea.
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:59 am
I own one of those! They are really fun to watch... a couple of times. Razz 

It'd be cool, but I agree that Talmid Show ought to come first.
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)

Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:36 pm
Any thoughts on a weaponless look? The wingtip guns really detracted from the shape imo. I'm thinking of where else I could place the guns, maybe alongside the fuselage where they'll be invisible under the wings, or integrated into the nose like the torpedoes. I'll probably figure something out, until then:

F-638c Super Star Hawk Class Light Fighter OXpg3o5
F-638c Super Star Hawk Class Light Fighter MTASAEQ
F-638c Super Star Hawk Class Light Fighter SFcqdU4
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)

Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:50 pm
I was looking at older pictures and I realized a thing:

The original Star Hawk wasn't new when I built it, because I built the same thing two years prior (and forgot about it).

F-638c Super Star Hawk Class Light Fighter Hb7FbA3
F-638c Super Star Hawk Class Light Fighter VgvcT2M

It's true. All of my planes look the same.
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)

Sat May 28, 2016 10:22 pm
My favorite little plane has a new update. It has four guns now, but they're all bunched up along the fuselage so as to not detract from the shape. Some minor recoloration in the engine and torpedo bay won't be noticed. Also tilted the canards up.

Imgur
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum