Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)
Faction : United Federation of Planets

Investiture Class Light Cruiser Empty Investiture Class Light Cruiser

Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:31 pm
Investiture Class Light Cruiser 9fed640b-c400-46ba-bc49-9ce459b97d06?xml=1&showmedia=1&width=800&height=525
Investiture Class Light Cruiser 82a292c2-d609-4e12-b9db-fd3e951e3e66?xml=1&showmedia=1&width=800&height=525

An LDD file can be downloaded from this page.

This is an attempt at a pre-TOS era starship.

Launched in the the year 2215, only 54 years after the birth of the Federation, is the Investiture Class Light Cruiser.

The Investiture is armed with phasers and a complement of seventy photon torpedoes. Protecting the Investiture is a combination of hull armor plating and deflector shields. The Investiture was fast for its time, with a maximum speed of Warp 7.73.

Investiture Class Light Cruiser 9ab82307-35be-4d12-86ce-e1d41615a318?xml=1&showmedia=1&width=800&height=525

With NX and Constitution class starships.

Investiture Class Light Cruiser Ea01e42a-1d79-4aef-b3e7-0335fd386837?xml=1&showmedia=1&width=800&height=525

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Khent-sa

Investiture Class Light Cruiser Empty Re: Investiture Class Light Cruiser

Fri May 01, 2015 5:57 pm
I was actually thinking of a nacelle design like that a while back; good to see someone else try out the idea of the slanted grille piece for the end. Now I have and idea how to do it. Razz There's some really nice building techniques there, though the overall model is perhaps a bit too simple for my tastes.

Good job!
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Sat May 02, 2015 6:22 pm
That's really cool! I like it! We should all, IMO, try our hands at some older style ships, maybe some pre TOS, TOS, post TOS, and TMP stuff? I'd also be interested to see some Enterprise C era designs... We really have so little in the way of Fed ships from Enterprise, into TOS and TMP era, and into the age of the Enteprise C.

This is, although in many ways very simplistic, a very cool design! Very Happy 

I will say that the edges of the saucer seem too thin to me, I would personally go a two plates thick. 

I love the nacelles, although I am admittedly unsure about the front poles.
Johnnyred
Johnnyred
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Human
https://phoenixcommandgroup.rpg-board.net

Sun May 03, 2015 2:34 pm
I've done plenty of TOS/TMP era ships. Razz I for sure could go for trying out some older ships. That would be fun. Especially civilian types. OR. We could all try Vulcan designs. They're quite interesting.
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Mon May 04, 2015 11:47 am
Why not all of the above?
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum