Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Admiral AquaRaider
Admiral AquaRaider
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : Scorpion Attack Force

S.S.F. VX-1 Stinger Empty S.S.F. VX-1 Stinger

Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:34 pm
Thought I might as well post something before I go completely inactive. I did tweak the fighter a bit, but other than minor changes to the central engine, the fighter is exactly the same as when I first uploaded it to the LU Creation Lab.

S.S.F. (Scorpion Star Fighter)

Front:
Back:
Overhead:

The VX-1 is currently the standard issue fighter for the SAF. It's comparable to the TIE Fighter in the way that it is built with average quality parts with the intention of mass production. Unlike the TIE, these average quality parts are slightly altered to better their abilities. These fighters are quite a challenge when facing a squadron, though a lone Stinger wouldn't stand much of a chance against a more advanced fighter class.

Specs: (No idea what to put, but I'll try my best. I'm making this up as I write, BTW Razz)
Weapons: Two forward facing Scorpion-tech rapid phaser cannons. These cannons fire a burst of three shots with every pull of the trigger. Not the best in weaponry, but could pack quite a punch with it's advanced rate of fire.
Speed: The Stinger uses a tweaked engine to allow for better maneuverability. It's quite a bit faster than your standard fighter, but nothing to get excited about.
Armor: Again, better than the standard fighter, but isn't built for taking a lot of damage. Usually found in squads with a minimum of five to combat this. It is armored slightly more on the cockpit which can double as an escape pod should the wings take too much damage.

Rate and Comment! Hope you enjoy! My old starships are coming soon!

Last edited by Admiral AquaRaider on Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)
Faction : United Federation of Planets

S.S.F. VX-1 Stinger Empty Re: S.S.F. VX-1 Stinger

Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:49 pm
It reminds me of my older 'fighters'... well not really. Mine were blocky things which can't compare to anything, this is cool though. Razz
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : De-Factioned

Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:45 am
I do like the engines, but the overall design seems blocky and simplistic. I'ld make a better connection from cockpit to wings and maybe not make them so flat. Maybe angle them slightly (sorta like an MX-11 Astro Fighter) or something? Maybe angle them up a little, that'ld be different from most fighters. Razz
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)

Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:02 am
@Ant: The biggest 'fighter', the Klingon K'vort, had up-angled wings too, pretty cool looking. Smile
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:33 pm
Alright fine! It wouldn't be a first if it had only angled up wings, but it'ld still be cool. Razz

Wait, the Klingon's had starfighters?!?
Admiral AquaRaider
Admiral AquaRaider
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : Scorpion Attack Force

Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:55 pm
Probably should have made this more clear in the post, I made this when I was like 13. I was very simplistic back then. Razz I do appreciate the suggestions Ant, Angled wings and cockpit sounds like a great idea. I do plan to remake all of my old S.A.F. stuff, as all of it is as blocky as this one. Or worse. Razz For now I'm just posting the originals just to be able to post something.
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)

Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:55 pm
@Ant: It was a starship, quite a big starship at that. Basically a stereotypical B'Rel Bird of Prey with wings always angled upwards (I'm pretty sure they are angled upwards, they look that way in Yesterday's Enterprise) but I mentioned it because Klingon ships look a bit like giant fighter planes. Razz
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Khent-sa

Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:32 pm
I know in STO, the Klingons have some form or fighters, but that's about all I can say. Don't actually know much about them. Razz
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:26 pm
@Aqua: Ahhhh, mmk. Yeah I'm pretty much in the same spot as far as ships go. I'm more or less putting up stuff I build a long time ago with the intentions of rebuilding/refitting it later. My PPT Thunderhead is a good example of this. Razz

@talmid: Ok, so angled up wings on a fighter would still be a first. Razz YAYZ! My ideaz iz still orijinalz! S.S.F. VX-1 Stinger 4273356897
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum