Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Lord General Spud
Lord General Spud
Lord General (MSI)
Lord General (MSI)
Faction : Minotaur Space Imperium

battleship - Narkova Drive Yards Jaeger-Class Battleship Empty Narkova Drive Yards Jaeger-Class Battleship

Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:30 pm
Edit: The .lxf is now available here: http://www.us.lego.com/en-us/gallery/9f2c6286-d4ba-455c-8a10-e76eb696bed7?index=1

Hey everyone, sorry I haven't been very active as of late. I was pretty bogged down with school for a while. I haven't commented on a couple of the new ships around, so I'll get to that as soon as I can.

Anyhoo, the Jaeger-Class!

battleship - Narkova Drive Yards Jaeger-Class Battleship Ndy_ja11

It's just a little something I've built over the past week or so when I could find the time. The Jaeger-Class is essentially the more athletic younger brother of the Resolute-Class. It's not as pretty as it could possibly be, but then again, it's not supposed to be pretty. It's supposed to blow bad guys out of the sky (or space, rather). Razz

The weapons loadout is pretty standard: rapid-fire laser turrets, torpedo launchers, forward turbolasers, and broadside cannons. The Jaeger-Class is also equipped with a MkII Warp Cannon, an upgrade from those found on the NDY Experimentia-Class. This one is smaller and more accurate.

Pic 2:

Pic 3:

Pic 4:

Pic 5:

Visible to the left of pic 3 is a hangar bay with the doors in the middle of opening. I really like how that turned out.

The color scheme was pretty random. I didn't really know what to paint the thing, so I copied the colors of the Resolute-Class.

Now for stats! Very Happy

Stats:

Armaments:
    x20 rapid-fire anti-fighter turrets
    x36 torpedo launch turrets
    x10 forward fixed position turbolasers
    x20 broadside turbolaser cannons
    x1 MkII warp cannon

Propulsion:
    x6 Mk9 MaxThrust plasma stardrives
    x1 standard hyperdrive

Powerplant:
    x2 MegaPulse fusion reactors
    x4 backup power generators

I'll post a link to the .lxf once it's posted to the LEGO Gallery. Enjoy! Very Happy

Last edited by Lord General Spud on Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Faction : MSI
http://starwarplay.forumotion.com/

battleship - Narkova Drive Yards Jaeger-Class Battleship Empty Re: Narkova Drive Yards Jaeger-Class Battleship

Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:18 pm
Looks really nice, Spud! I have to say two things:

1. Can't find the hangar. Looked all over. No dice. Razz

2. The bridge structure kind of...vexes me, really. The rest of the design is powerfully sleek, and then...you've got the bridge-thingy stickin' outta the top. Razz Not only does it mess with the nice lines, but it also screams "shoot me here!" which I've never approved of. Ya wanna see space? Get outta da bridge an' go t' an observation deck! Razz
Andre Tholvel
Andre Tholvel
CEO
Location : Aboard the IFS Varda, viewing construction of the next flagship.

Character sheet
Faction:
Species: Human

battleship - Narkova Drive Yards Jaeger-Class Battleship Empty Re: Narkova Drive Yards Jaeger-Class Battleship

Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:33 pm
I agree with ARC on the bridge-- elevated bridges are kind of a pet peeve of mine, but it's your call, really.

I really like the ship overall, though-- very sleek and well-armed, though the binocular-style weapons kind of break up the sleekness in an unpleasing way. The embedded guns are beautiful, though. The SNOT technique with the center disk is always nice, and seems to gradually be becoming standard practice for medium-sized ships like this; much better-looking than having open bottom studs from layered plates, ew. Razz
Lord General Spud
Lord General Spud
Lord General (MSI)
Lord General (MSI)

Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:26 am
Jace: Thanks! I see what you mean about the bridge structure. I'll do something about it over winter break, which starts at the end of tomorrow.

Also, I forgot to post the pic that shows the hangar. Hehe... oops. Embarassed Here it is for real!

Underside:

I arranged some fin pieces to make it look like the door is in the midst of opening.

Daragon: I totally agree about the bottom studs. Bleck. Razz Anyway, thank you! I'm thinking of toning down the number of torpdeo launch turrets (the binocular weapons). Looking over it now I do agree that they are kinda disruptive. Thanks again!
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Khent-sa

Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:39 pm
Oooooh, my-oh-my! This is probably my new favorite or yours; it's just looks so sleek and powerful! The turrets look very nice, though I'm starting to agree with the other two in that the middle ones look a tad disruptive. Razz The bridge could also use some streamlining, but it honestly looks fine as-is IMHO. I agree about the hangar; it is, indeed, quite impressive. Razz Great job!
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:09 pm
Wow.... that is seriously NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE!!!! I LOVE this ship! 

As others have said, I would change the bridge. I would also visually reinforce the connection between the hull and the engine pods. 

I LOVE this ship! The shape, the design, the SNOT work, the engine pods, the weapons, the coloration, the overall aesthetics, the half open hanger bay, the engines themselves, it's just a gorgeous combat ship that screams "come on, hit me with your best shot, 'cause you won't live long enough to hit me with your second!" WELL done! Very Happy
Lord General Spud
Lord General Spud
Lord General (MSI)
Lord General (MSI)

Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:25 pm
Tetra: Thanks! I do agree about the bridge. Now that I think about it, it kinda looks like it's wearing headphones. Razz I think for the MkII, I'll remove a few of the binocular weapons and make the bridge super slick. Very Happy

Dino: Thank you! What exactly do mean about the connection between the engines and the body? I'm making a list of improvements I'm going to implement on the MkII. Very Happy
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:25 pm
Looking at it head on or from the direct rear, the weapon/engine pods are only held on by a stud thick connection to the main hull. That looks kind of flimsy on a warship like this.
Kojan
Kojan
High Admiral (CIR)
High Admiral (CIR)
Faction : Caldera Imperial Republic

Character sheet
Faction:
Species: Human
https://phoenixcommandgroup.rpg-board.net/

Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:14 pm
Words. I lack them.

Seriously, this is an amazing ship. It matches your MSI style, but it's also unique and sleeker than any of your other ships. 10/10. Amazing ship.
Lord General Spud
Lord General Spud
Lord General (MSI)
Lord General (MSI)

Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:19 pm
Dino: Ahh, gotcha. I'll see what I can do. Wink

Kojan: Thank you! Very Happy
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum