Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Faction : MSI
http://starwarplay.forumotion.com/

Recon Tank TD Empty Recon Tank TD

Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:50 pm
So, got bored, been reading up on US doctrine since WWII for a paper, and decided to do something with the Recon that the US and Britain did with the Sherman - give it an anti-tank gun rather than something for general blasting.

Recon/TD:

So basically this is the Tank Destroyer version of the Recon. Upgraded cannon from the original 76.2mm to a heavier 90mm (hush I wanted to keep this a smaller tank and therefore messed a bit with the original specs to make it fitRazz) cannon capable of penetrating even heavier armor plating. While it isn't extremely effective against superheavy Mechs or mobile fortress-like vehicles, against enemy main battle tanks and even heavy tanks, as well as medium and some heavy Mechs, the Recon/TD gets the job done alone whereas a group of standard or even Recon/AA tanks would be needed.

As such, like the Recon/AA, the Recon/TD is not deployed in the same numbers as the standard, due to the existence of larger and more effective vehicles like the Raider MBT, Ranger heavy tank, and Dewback Artillery Mech, but in smaller units - like commando battalions, these provide a much-needed service in a smaller package.

*Makes up decent background for the design when really all I did was read about the Firefly Sherman and did it with the Recon 'cause I'm really really bored.*
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Khent-sa

Recon Tank TD Empty Re: Recon Tank TD

Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:52 pm
Lookin' cool! Love the new barrel/turret!
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : ICS

Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:02 pm
That's beautiful! I don't know if I ever mentioned it, but I love the cockpit thingy. Razz The turret looks great and I love the greebling you did. Very Happy
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Lord Commandant (MSI)

Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:45 pm
Tetrahedron wrote:Lookin' cool! Love the new barrel/turret!

Oh yeah, I did forget to mention that the turret was made larger for the bigger cannon, and I added a couple of grenade launchers like on the Ranger. Thanks!

PXR wrote:That's beautiful! I don't know if I ever mentioned it, but I love the cockpit thingy. Razz The turret looks great and I love the greebling you did. Very Happy

It was directly inspired by Kojan's Defender light tank's, but I ended up modifying the vertical traverse to be, well, better. Then added armor and some other stuff to it to make it look cooler. Razz

Do you really like the greebling? I think this is like the only design I've actually done that with so I do appreciate ideas for that concept.
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : ICS

Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:25 am
@Jace: Especially the greebling. Razz The turret with the repeater, grenade launchers, dish, and comm arrays, and the actual turret all add up to a very complex looking turret. The addition of the trans-piece (a window?) also adds sophistication. The turret is one of my favorite parts of this tank, and a I like the blue stripe above each tread. Very Happy
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:25 am
Awesome. That just about sums it up. GREAT work! Very Happy
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Lord Commandant (MSI)

Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:06 pm
PXR wrote:@Jace: Especially the greebling. Razz The turret with the repeater, grenade launchers, dish, and comm arrays, and the actual turret all add up to a very complex looking turret. The addition of the trans-piece (a window?) also adds sophistication. The turret is one of my favorite parts of this tank, and a I like the blue stripe above each tread. Very Happy

Actually, if you look at all of my tanks you'll notice there are green and orange translucent pieces. These are actually optical sensors connected to the driver's (green) display and the gunner's (orange) display.
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Lord Commandant (MSI)

Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:09 pm
So I can't tell if it's LDD being a buggy pain or if I messed up with the model for some reason the gun on this guy doesn't move at all. I'm gonna credit it to buggy LDD since it's been doing this lately with my models.

If anybody else wants to see for themselves, here's the LDD file with all three of the Recon tanks:
Recon Tank LDD file.
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Khent-sa

Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:13 pm
Double pooooooooooooooooooooossttttttttttttiiing! Razz JK

I think your issue is that LDD won't rotate anything that has too many bricks attached; if so, there's nothing to be done. Sad
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Lord Commandant (MSI)

Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:15 pm
Tetrahedron wrote:Double pooooooooooooooooooooossttttttttttttiiing! Razz JK

I think your issue is that LDD won't rotate anything that has too many bricks attached; if so, there's nothing to be done. Sad

It's my own topic. Wah. Razz

If that's the case...well that bites. Evil or Very Mad
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:06 pm
Jace is correct, double posting in one's own topic is permitted, although not encouraged.

Sadly, the gun moves fine for my computer/LDD. I think your LDD just hates you. Sad
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Lord Commandant (MSI)

Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:02 pm
Dino27 wrote:Jace is correct, double posting in one's own topic is permitted, although not encouraged.

Sadly, the gun moves fine for my computer/LDD. I think your LDD just hates you. Sad

Well, it had nothing to do with the other post, so... Razz

At least the cannon moves.
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:51 pm
I think that I am supposed to suggest to you that you should just edit your other post to include the new info. But I still don't get how double posting actually hurts anyone, or is somehow wrong or needs to be moderated. Unlike, say, R-rated content. So I'll leave it to other staff to tell us both that we shouldn't double post. Razz

(JK incoming) YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. DO NOT REPEAT THIS TERRIBLE OFFENSE AGAINST THE FORUM.

As to the cannon moving, I'd rather that I missed something on moc, than have my comp/LDD refuse to cooperate.

Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Lord Commandant (MSI)

Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:33 pm
Dino27 wrote:I think that I am supposed to suggest to you that you should just edit your other post to include the new info. But I still don't get how double posting actually hurts anyone, or is somehow wrong or needs to be moderated. Unlike, say, R-rated content. So I'll leave it to other staff to tell us both that we shouldn't double post. Razz

(JK incoming) YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. DO NOT REPEAT THIS TERRIBLE OFFENSE AGAINST THE FORUM.

As to the cannon moving, I'd rather that I missed something on moc, than have my comp/LDD refuse to cooperate.

I think it might be from the nightmare of the Original Forum, where one user would have like a dozen and a half posts at once. *shudders*

Anyways, I'm smart and I test some of these things out in reality to make sure it'd work so I know if it's the program or the design. That being said it is annoying that it won't work...
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum