Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : ICS

gate - Arcturus Class Warp Gate Empty Arcturus Class Warp Gate

Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:44 pm
The Arcturus Class Warp Gate was developed in the very late stages of the Second Mukaran War as the fighting in Quadrant II winded down. Because of the loss of Port Zulu earlier in the war, PXE could not maintain supply lines as effectively or efficiently. Therefore, the Arcturus was developed to allow much quicker FTL travel between Quadrants and the capital city of Raka Alos. It's modular design allowed it to be constructed on-sight on a battlefield within hours, making it very robust.

Though the Arcturus has no defenses of its own, aside from shielding grids, they are always guarded by defensive fleets that usually consist of Lyra's, Virgo's, Pollux's, and assorted ODP satellites. When the threat in Quadrant II diminished, they were introduced as travel routes for civilian use, which has significantly boosted PXE's heavily damaged economy, in terms of business, tourism, and trade.

Spoiler:

Specifications:

Model: Arcturus Class Warp Gate
Manufacturer: PXE
Produced: 2606 - present
Cost: approx. 22.4 million SPXC

Length: ~200 meters
Diameter: ~700 meters
Height: ~700 meters (Yes, IK this isn't really necessary Razz)

Affiliation: PXE Navy
In service: 2606 - present
Roles: FTL travel, military supply line maintainment, civilian travel, military travel

Defenses:
40.1 - 46.5 cm absorbic armor

ASG-3
HTSG-2
DSG-1 (prototype)

Powerplant:
x32 MCEG-1's
x1 HPSG-1 (made of 64 individual panels)
x224 HPEG-1's

Lxf::
It took only a couple hours to build. I finished this about a week ago, but didn't post it yet. Pretty happy with it, especially the greebling. I'm still getting the technical details of the warp gate ironed out, but for now, let's just say it's classified. Razz

-PXR
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Khent-sa

gate - Arcturus Class Warp Gate Empty Re: Arcturus Class Warp Gate

Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:40 pm
As I believe I already mentioned, I LOVE this thing. it just came out so well. Razz

That being said, I hate the idea of cheap/rapidly deployable jumpgates. The whole thing about Jumpgates is that they're uber-expensive and really complicated; it takes a lot of funds and effort just to build a stationary one. The idea of wasting them for civilian trade too... they're just so rare, you basically need them all for military use. Razz
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:43 pm
@Tetra: Well, technically, there's only about 8 in use. Razz There's four in each outer/inner corner of each quadrant. Razz Did that make any sense? Anyway, glad you like it. Razz Well, maybe I'll make the tech cheap. Heck, that's if I ever figure something out though.... Razz

EDIT: Let me remind you that the cost of the defensive fleets protecting it are usually enough to bump up total production and maintenance costs up to ~400-600 million SPXC, regardless, so it doesn't take a single warp-gate to eat up a significant amount of money. Razz
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:49 pm
Wow... I LOVE this!!! It's absolutely beautiful, GREAT job! I do wonder if it could handle the largest ships though.
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:27 pm
@Dino: Thanks! Yeah, it's actually something I realized after I completed it...I don't think an Aquila can fit through this. gate - Arcturus Class Warp Gate 851199844
Lord General Spud
Lord General Spud
Lord General (MSI)
Lord General (MSI)
Faction : Minotaur Space Imperium

Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:49 pm
Niiiiiice! Great SNOT detail, as usual. It kind of reminds me of an Ori Supergate from Stargate SG-1.

Ori Space Stargate ("Supergate"):
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:50 pm
@Spud: Thank you! Very Happy That Ori looks fin... Razz
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum