Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : ICS

GAV-2 Aucasaurus Empty GAV-2 Aucasaurus

Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:17 pm
The GAV-2 Aucasaurus is a heavily armed and armored mech that is capable of delivering heavy firepower in almost any environment. Its wide array of armaments allow it to deal out punishment to air and land units, whether they are fighters, infantry, or super-heavy tanks.

Its primary drawback is its speed; with a top speed of 90 km/h (approx. 56 mph), it cannot keep up with faster units like the Velociraptors. Secondly, its size makes it hard to transport; making it reliant on large-scale transport ships, which rely on a clear LZ to land. Thus, it can only be used after an LZ has been cleared, making it more of a second-wave support unit.

Regardless, the Aucasaurus is an important unit in PXE's Army. Its firepower makes it absolutely necessary for large-scale combat, especially in urban environments. Regardless of its disadvantages, the Aucasaurus will continue to be an important part of the PXE's land forces.

GAV-2 Aucasaurus Gav-2_10

Specifications:

Model: GAV-2 Aucasaurus
Manufacturer: PXE
Produced: 2605 - present
Cost: approx. 115,000 SPXC  

Affiliation: PXE Army
In service: 2605 - present
Roles: medium/main battle tank, support unit, infantry support, urban assault unit, all-terrain tank unit, limited anti-air support

Armaments:
x2 AIT-3's (on each "hip"/four barrels per cannon)
x1 HAIT-3 (the turret on the underside/pretty much an AIT-3 that is more armored)
x1 MLP-4 (on the chin/usually loaded with anti-infantry high-yield missiles)
x2 MLP-5's (on each shoulder/loaded with AIM's (AA) or AGM's)
x1 MLP-6 (between each MLP-5/loaded with AIM's or AGM's)
x2 FT-3's (located on each "arm" closest to the body/a flamethrower)
x2 HARC-5's (large rotary cannon located under the flamethrowers)
x2 AAT-2's (the longer barrels of each "arm"/used against well-fortified/armored targets)

GAV-2 Aucasaurus Gav-2_10

GAV-2 Aucasaurus Gav-2_11

Defenses:
4.1 - 5.1 cm absorbic armor

ASG-3
HTSG-2
DSG-1 prototype (something I always forget, please note all my other units are equipped with this technology as well)

GAV-2 Aucasaurus Gav-2_12

Powerplant:
x1 LBMCEG-1
x2 LBHPEG-1's

Maximum Speed: 90 km/h (approx. 56 mph)

Communications:
DIS-XXX
FIS-XXX
CIS-1
CIS-2
CIS-3
CCIS

Capacity: x1 pilot

Lxf: http://www.us.lego.com/en-us/gallery/2c02ec9f-b439-4e6c-9bd9-0842a71a0bea?index=2&categoryid=64929898-C52F-49D8-B106-C0C36314093C

Well, I must admit that I'm not particularly happy with how it came out. I'm pretty new to the world of mechs, and this model shows it. Thus, I would definitely appreciate some constructive criticism. I doubt I'll modify this, but I am thinking of building another mech to act as a "real" tank. So, enjoy...I hope. Razz

Oh and yes, the aucasaurus actually exists in reality. It is a dinosaur. For more info, look it up and don't ask me! Razz

Btw, the .lxf will say two bricks were removed. However, I fixed this, but I did not change the .lxf. Just a note. Wink

-PXR
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Khent-sa

GAV-2 Aucasaurus Empty Re: GAV-2 Aucasaurus

Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:39 pm
For a first-timer, this is really great! I'm not very experienced with mechs myself, but this looks really good!
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:07 pm
And HOW it is it bad again?! This is great! I really like it! 4/5 stars. It's overarmed IMO (Arik's mechs were too IMO, so that nothing against your model) but it is a good design with great detail! Great work! Very Happy
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:32 pm
@Mightyman: Third-timer actually. Razz Except my previous three were very, err...n00bish. Razz And thank you!

@Dino: Wow, glad you like it! Thanks! Lol, thanks! I can see where you're coming from, but you know me... Razz

OH YEAH! Speaking of armaments, I forgot to list the ARC-1's! GAV-2 Aucasaurus 851199844 Anyway, they are located under each "arm". Razz
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:30 pm
IT HAZ MOAR WEAPONZ?!  GAV-2 Aucasaurus 4188937766 GAV-2 Aucasaurus 2334498483 GAV-2 Aucasaurus 239624245 GAV-2 Aucasaurus 179010628 
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:09 am
@Dino: They're tiny; no worries. Razz
Lonestar
Lonestar
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:40 pm
Wow, that is one good-looking combat machine! You are really gifted with stuff like this, you know. I really like your weaponry skills. Some of the guns on this thing look like they stepped out of a sci-fi movie. Great work on the structure and design of the vehicle, too.
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:05 pm
@Scare: Thanks! Glad you like the weapons; they're my favorite parts of the mech. Very Happy
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:47 pm
OF THIS MECH?! Razz They're your're favorite part of EVERYTHING Razz But Scare's right... there are some WELL designed weapons on this monster.
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:50 pm
@Dino: Darn. I was hoping you wouldn't figure it out. Razz  GAV-2 Aucasaurus 851199844 Oh well, maybe I made it too obvious. Razz Anyway, thanks! Razz
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:04 pm
You made a missile the size of a corvette, and used it en mass; its not rocket science that you like your weapons big, powerful, and plentiful. Razz
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:13 pm
But its only corvette-sized! Razz
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum