Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : ICS

MO-8652 Defense Satellite Empty MO-8652 Defense Satellite

Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:59 am
This is just some random satellite I built a long time ago during my early years at the LUCL (or mid-years on Lego.com, because I was on the DbM gallery for at least 3-4 years). The idea with the alternating white and blue panels were inspired by something I saw on the DbM gallery.

Anyway, I'd imagine that this would defend Terra from ETX forces or orbit Mars to fight off the ETX. The Mars Mission Team could use it for surveillance as well or for orbital storage and supplies.

It could also alternately be used by the Galaxy Squad's Orange Team to take out fast and agile bug ships, thanks to its various armaments.

In general, the satellite makes an excellent battle station. It is completely self-sufficient, energy wise, is well-armed (at least enough to fend off small ETX ships and fighter craft), has various communication systems and sensors to transmit data or acquire data, and has propulsion in the form of a small engine in the rear. Cheap and easy to manufacture, the MO-8652 is integral in the defense of Terra and her colonies.

The satellite can split into modules for easy assembly in space. Solar panels can also be separated, but I forgot to do that part. Razz

MO-8652 Defense Satellite Mo-86510
the SAT

MO-8652 Defense Satellite Mo-86511
starboard-aft view

MO-8652 Defense Satellite Mo-86512
the modules

Specifications
Manufacturer: Mars Mission Production Inc. (?) Razz
Produced: probably sometime after the Crystalien Conflict, I'd imagine early in the First Interplanetary War (between Terra and Mars/ETX) and then production again during the Second Interplanetary War (between Terra and her colonies, probably terraformed Mars/Venus)
Cost: I'd imagine pretty cheap, but IDK

Length: 340 meters
Beam: 280 meters
Height: 325 meters

Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

MO-8652 Defense Satellite Empty Re: MO-8652 Defense Satellite

Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:07 am
Niiiice... very nice. Fairly simple, but well done. I do feel that it would benefit from a big space-space/space to ground gun though. As it is, it's armament looks a little light... yes I just said that to you. Razz
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:47 am
@Dino: Thank you! This is from a long time ago though. Razz The only changes I made today were to the orange. Razz Anyway thanks! Well, I like making sure my enemies...err...competitors are less...err...competition? Razz Don't worry. I'm making a new satellite which doesn't have the space-to-ground cannon, but something...similar. Razz
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Khent-sa

Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:54 pm
For an early design this is very well done! I like it!
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:24 pm
@Mightyman: Thanks!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum