Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : ICS

Taurus Class Battlecruiser Empty Taurus Class Battlecruiser

Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:44 pm
Taurus Class Battlecruiser Taurus10

Anybody get that?

Spoiler:

The Taurus Class Battlecruiser is a heavily armed capital ship in service with PXE's Navy. It was designed to bridge the gap between a heavily armed (missile) battleship like the Lola and a more turret/conventionally armed battlecruiser (I changed the classification) like the Scorpio.

The Taurus is heavily armed and armored but has the ability for moderately high sublight speeds as well as high maneuverability, thanks to the maneuvering thrusters (inspired by Starship Troopers Chronicles in the Trackers Episode with the Transport Bugs) mounted in the rear hull section. ASM-4 pods give the battlecruiser much more firepower than a conventional weak and squeamish battlecruiser, and combined with the sheer number of armaments of the Taurus, make it an efficient ship-killer. The ASG-3 makes it highly resilient to enemy fire, along with thick absorbic armor and the HTSG-2 and DSG-1 prototype.

Model: Taurus Class Battlecruiser
Manufacturer: PXE
Produced: 2605 - present
Cost: approx. 62.1 million SPXC

Length: approx. 1410 meters
Beam: approx. 320 meters
Height: approx. 210 meters

Affiliation: PXE Navy
In service: 2605 - present
Roles: battlecruiser, battleship, heavy cruiser, advanced combat ship

Armaments:
x40 TMC-1's
x58 TMC-2's
x28 TMC-3's
x6 TMC-7's
x20 SSC-2's
x12 ASM-4's

Taurus Class Battlecruiser Taurus10
TMC-7's (at the top near the bridge tower)

Taurus Class Battlecruiser Taurus11
SSC-2's

Taurus Class Battlecruiser Taurus12
TMC-3 at the top, 2 TMC-1's on the sides, overlooking the frontal hangar strip

Taurus Class Battlecruiser Taurus13
a cut-off view of the broadside

Taurus Class Battlecruiser Taurus14
close-up of the TMC-7 with the sensory equipment behind

Defenses:
24.5 - 29.0 cm absorbic armor

ASG-3
HTSG-2 prototype

Warp Propulsion: Mk. 5 drive
Warp Capabilities: WF 9.9...

Sublight Propulsion:
x8 SLPT-16's (2/"nacelle")
x2 SLPT-17's (on either side of the giant SLPT-18)
x1 SLPT-18
x24 SLPT-19's (maneuvering thrusters)

Taurus Class Battlecruiser Taurus15
stern view, showing the 4 nacelles and the central thrusters

Taurus Class Battlecruiser Taurus16
SLPT-19's

Powerplant:
x12 HPEG-1's (above each maneuvering thruster)
x1 HPSG-1 (made of 16 individual panels)
x6 MCEG-1's

Fighter Complement:
24 squadrons:
x14 squadrons Phoenix advanced fighters
x4 squadrons Swallow light fighters
x2 squadrons Shrike heavy bombers
x2 squadrons Fireclaw dropships

Intelligent Systems:
SANDAS

Communications:
FIS-XXX
CIS-1
CIS-2
CIS-3
CCIS

Lxf: http://www.us.lego.com/en-us/gallery/3e6ca39f-5729-43a6-8c36-fbbcad0867dd?index=2&categoryId=64929898-C52F-49D8-B106-C0C36314093C

I'll try to get an .lxf up on the Lego gallery ASAP. Probably one of my favorite ships that I've built, though I think it's somewhat lacking in missiles. Definitely going to do a refit to make the ventral hangar bay strip more realistic (it's upside down! Razz). I was working on this on and off for a week. Jet lag plus overall exhaustion (sleeping at 12 or 1 each night, I know that's probably nothing to most of you Razz), and boredom got in the way. At one point, I had to look up MOCs just to keep myself going. It's 8,397 pieces. You will notice that I (finally) added measurements. I used the scale 1 stud = 10 m (which is the normal PCG scale I think). Also, if you're curious, I've added measurements to all my PXE capital ships in the database, along with the overall cost. Many of the roles of my vessels have been changed, so it might be worthwhile to take a look. So...IDK...enjoy? Razz

Last edited by PXR on Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:50 pm; edited 3 times in total
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Khent-sa

Taurus Class Battlecruiser Empty Re: Taurus Class Battlecruiser

Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:27 pm
So here's the Taurus you keep mentioning! I love it! The detailing is absolutely superb, to the point where I can't get over it to judge the rest of the ship. Razz

My two potential improvements- make the nose less stubby (it looks fine, but not congruitous with your other ships) and lengthen the warp nacelles a bit. Even if you don't do that, the ship would still be absolutely incredible; it's easily my favorite thing you've built so far. Razz
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : ICS

Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:32 pm
@Mightyman: Thank you very much! Glad you like it.

Definitely agree with you about the nose (its something I always seem to have trouble with Razz) and I'll try my best. I think I see what you mean about the warp nacelles. I'll lengthen them ASAP. Anyway, thanks! It's also my favorite ship I've ever built. Razz
Lonestar
Lonestar
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:52 pm
You absolutely astound me with your attention to detail! Very keen!

Love the overall design. Looks very battlecruiser-ish. Your nacelle work has definitely improved, and I think, for a ship like this, those nacelles are almost perfect.

The main thing I would say is that you have too much weaponry. I realize it's a battlecruiser, but at the same time, I think may thinning out the weaponry a bit would make it more realistic.

Great job! You have a lot of talent with these ships!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum