Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : ICS

AAF-2C Swallow Empty AAF-2C Swallow

Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:41 pm
AAF-2C Swallow Aaf-2c10

The AAF-2C Swallow is a modified AAF-2B. Swallows are used primarily to shoot down enemy fighters and bombers during naval battles. They usually remain behind and protect their respective capital ships, utilizing their extreme speed and maneuverability to take out adversaries. The new Swallows feature several modifications in armaments and sublight capabilities and propulsion. The most prominent change is probably the new, much more realistic and more powerful missile rack. In addition, an under-the-wingtip-rack has been added to hold missiles, predominantly AFM-2's for air-to-air use, but can be equipped with any compatible missiles, including the AGM-1. The HARC-4 has also been added to each wingtip, and the ARC's on the wings have been modified into ARC-1's. In terms of sublight propulsion, the nacelle pylons have been shortened for atmospheric flight capabilities and additional engines have been added behind the rudder.

Though Swallows are small, it by no means should be underestimated. Its energy weapons alone are enough to devastate an enemy fighter within seconds. Combined with its projectile armaments, the AAF-2C can be lethal against heavily armed bomber craft and more than just a nuisance to capital ships, if equipped with the right missiles. Despite the fighter's light-ish armor and relatively weak shielding, the Swallow's speed and maneuverability can help it dodge enemy fire. The wings can angle, allowing it to execute sharp evasive maneuvers in atmosphere. However, several hits can doom the Swallow quite quickly because of its light armor and weak ASG-1.

Swallows are quite heavily armed for their size. As the strongest target an AAF-2C will probably attack is a heavy bomber, they are equipped mainly with heavy rotary cannons and air-to-air missiles. ARC-1’s and 2’s are usually enough to tear up an enemy interceptor. However, for more heavily armed targets, the Swallow can use its HARC-1’s, 2’s, and 4’s combined with MLP-3’s and its wing-mounted rockets to shoot down bomber craft. For use against very large, well-armored targets, such as capital-scale warships or tanks, the Swallow can reequip its launchers with AGM’s or ASM’s, making it exceptionally versatile.

The Swallow has low amounts of armor and a weak ASG-1 for defense. Because the AAF-2C relies primarily on speed and maneuverability, it sacrifices much of its armor. However, like all modern PXE units, it does feature hyperthermal and hypothermal armor. Other than that, it is equipped with HTSG-2 and DSG-1 prototype, which offers limited protection against projectile and energy weapons respectively.

The AAF-2C really shines with its speed and maneuverability. Taking advantage of its large array of SLPT’s, including the 12, 13, 14, and 15. These allow it to move extremely fast, while its angling outer wings and angling inner wings can help it weave in and out of enemy fire. It is particularly deadly in atmosphere for this reason, capable of dodging anything that’s shot at it while dealing out its own share of damage thanks to heavy energy weapons and multiple projectile launchers. Its warp capabilities are equally impressive, thanks to its Mk. 5 drive.

AAF-2C Swallow Aaf-2c10
front

AAF-2C Swallow Aaf-2c11
aft

AAF-2C Swallow Aaf-2c12
port

AAF-2C Swallow Aaf-2c13
ventral

AAF-2C Swallow Aaf-2c14
dorsal

Model: AAF-2C Swallow
Manufacturer: PXE
Produced: 2604 - present
Cost: approx. 807,000 SPXC

Affiliation: PXE Air Force
In service: 2605 - present
Roles: light fighter, short-range interceptor, distanced interceptor, recon fighter, fighter, limited heavy fighter

Armaments:
x4 ARC-1’s
x4 ARC-2’s
x4 HARC-1’s
x6 HARC-2’s
x2 HARC-4’s
x2 MLP-3’s (in this case armed with AFM-1’s)
x2 AFM-2’s (in this case)

Defenses:
1.7 - 3.0 cm absorbic armor
0.2 cm hyperthermal armor
0.2 cm hypothermal armor

ASG-1
HTSG-2
DSG-1

Warp Propulsion: Mk. 5 drive
Warp Capabilities: WF 9.9…

Sublight Propulsion:
x2 SLPT-12’s
x3 SLPT-13’s
x2 SLPT-14’s
x2 SLPT-15’s

Powerplant: LBMCEG-1

Communications:
FIS-XXX
DIS-XXX
SIS-XXX
CIS-1
CIS-2
CIS-3
CCIS

Complement:
x1 pilot
PANS
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Faction : MSI
http://starwarplay.forumotion.com/

AAF-2C Swallow Empty Re: AAF-2C Swallow

Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:36 pm
Very cool fighter, I love the shape of the craft. Though I have to admit that all the weapon terms escape me...
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:03 pm
@Jace: Thanks! Here's a quick list:
ARC: assault rotary cannon
HARC: heavy assault rotary cannon
MLP: (not My Little Pony Razz) missile launch pod (not to be confused with an ML)
AFM: anti-fighter missile (you could call these AAM's, but I use AAM for anti-armor missile)
AGM: anti-ground missile
ASM: anti-ship missile
(ASM's & AGM's are easily interchangeable as both do pretty much the same thing)

I would list them out and not use abbreviations, but I'm a lazy child. Razz
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)
Faction : United Federation of Planets

Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:54 pm
Wow! The AAF-2C Swallow certainly looks like it can do its job well. It looks incredibly powerful in weaponry and probably uses a lot of deflector shielding for defenses because it seems a bit brittle in terms of structural integrity. (think Talmidon Razz)
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:08 pm
Now that's just awesome. I would suggest that you beef up the connection between the body and the wings (the inner wing sections look pretty small) but that's just me. Otherwise, it's quite cool. Well done! Nice little nasty fighter. Razz Smile

PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:11 pm
@Talmid: Thanks! Err...well...to be honest, it has almost no shielding. Razz It relies more on its maneuverability. And the Talmidon is by no means brittle! Razz

@Dino: Thank you! I can definitely see what you mean now that you point it out. Razz The main reason though is because I wanted each wing section to be capable of independently angling. Anyway, thanks. Smile
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)
Faction : United Federation of Planets

Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:50 pm
The Talmidon relies immensely on artificial bonding to keep its structural integrity in acceptable levels. There's a part in my Wrath of the Borg story where the Talmidon II consists of flying islands of debris in several areas, held together by energy strands....

More on topic tho, about the shields, oh. I guess having no shields at least makes cheaper, expensiveness wise. Razz
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:11 am
@Talmid: Almost no shielding. Razz The ship is cheaper, the pilots cost nothing. Razz At least, that's PXE's reasoning. Razz
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum