Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Lord General Spud
Lord General Spud
Lord General (MSI)
Lord General (MSI)
Faction : Minotaur Space Imperium

Cruiser - Narkova Drive Yards Resolute-Class Cruiser, MK II Empty Narkova Drive Yards Resolute-Class Cruiser, MK II

Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:58 pm
After careful consideration, I decided that Dino was right (as usual Razz) and that the Resolute-Class needed some visible weapons to round out the look. So, after a couple hours of experimenting, I came up with the Resolute MK II.

Resolute-Class Cruiser, MK II:

It is now equipped with 6 fixed-position heavy turbolaser cannons, 8 anti-starfighter turrets, and 17 light pulse cannons. I normally don't place visible weapons on my ships, so I don't know if this is underpowered or not. I mostly just put different weapons where I thought they looked coolest.

Pic 1:

Pic 2:

Pic 3:

I also added more greebling on the sides. I took a queue form PXR and used those handy minifig telephone receivers as part of the design (PXR, great idea, by the way Very Happy). I had to do some minor internal restructuring to allow the detailing and turret placements near the bridge structure (which is also new), and I think it came out great.

Before (left) and after (right):

As cool as I think the original is, I like this version much better. An .lxf should available shortly, and I'll post the link when it's up.

Cruiser - Narkova Drive Yards Resolute-Class Cruiser, MK II Empty Re: Narkova Drive Yards Resolute-Class Cruiser, MK II

Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:46 pm
Great job! I definitely like version two better, good as the original was. The extra detailing is fantastic, and I love the new bridge. Well done!
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : ICS

Cruiser - Narkova Drive Yards Resolute-Class Cruiser, MK II Empty Re: Narkova Drive Yards Resolute-Class Cruiser, MK II

Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:24 pm
Now this is awesome! The original was already great, but the greebling you have added us amazing! It makes the ship look more complex, but not overly complex (which is good Very Happy). The guns near the rear hull (sorry, no idea what those are heavy turbolasers?) give the ship the classic Venator/Star Destroyer look, but at the same time, the overall design keeps it fresh and unique. The greebling makes the very, very cool, and I must say that I am rather jealous of your greebling now. Razz
Lord General Spud
Lord General Spud
Lord General (MSI)
Lord General (MSI)

Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:25 pm
MAD: Thanks! The bridge is actually one of my favorite little details.

PXR: Thank you! Those guns are the anti-fighter turrets. The turbolaser emplacements are on the sides of the front half of the ship. That's exactly the look I was going for. Razz

Here's the link for the .lxf: http://www.us.lego.com/en-us/gallery/701960d4-e113-44ed-9059-52f6ebf88bde?index=10&categoryid=64929898-c52f-49d8-b106-c0c36314093c

Enjoy! Razz
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Faction : MSI
http://starwarplay.forumotion.com/

Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:10 am
Looks great, Spud! I love the bridge, and the unconventional armament despite my innate desire to optimize it of the cruiser.
Lord General Spud
Lord General Spud
Lord General (MSI)
Lord General (MSI)

Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:04 pm
Jace: Danke!
Johnnyred
Johnnyred
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Human
https://phoenixcommandgroup.rpg-board.net

Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:34 pm
Looks like a Venerator that had too much to eat. Razz

I like it though! Very nice work!
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Lord Commandant (MSI)

Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:12 pm
@Jred: Venator
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:31 pm
Now THIS is podracing, erm, awesome. I definitely meant awesome. Razz

I LOVE the added details, the weaponry, and that gorgeous bridge! I LOVE that it looks original, but clearly took design points from the Acclamator . GREAT job! I don't see how it could get better, but I wouldn't mind if you surprised us all by proving that perfection can get better still with a third version... just because I enjoy looking at this ship so much. Razz
Lord General Spud
Lord General Spud
Lord General (MSI)
Lord General (MSI)

Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:00 pm
J-red: Danke! You know, now that you mention it, it does. Interesting! Very Happy

Dino: Thank you! The class is actually named after the Resolute, a Republic cruiser that spent the Clone Wars under the command of Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker. Yeah, I'm a nerd, I know. Razz

Oh, by the way... challenge accepted. Twisted Evil Razz
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:04 pm
Of course I know the Resolute Razz Admiral Yularen usually command the ship, which was technically General Skywalker's, but General Kenobi was also known to command it, as well as Commander Tano. (Fellow nerd. Razz )

I thought of the ship immediately when I first heard the class name, but I didn't mention it.

I look forward to the Resolute III. Wink
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet
Species: Khent-sa

Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:53 pm
I liked the original Resolute, but this is fantastic! For once, un-streamlining it actually made the ship look better. Razz The newer version looks much less barren, and far more epic. I especially like the bridge design; I may steal borrow that at a later date. Razz

One last question- What's the ship's length? I need to know that before I pass judgement on the stats.
Lord General Spud
Lord General Spud
Lord General (MSI)
Lord General (MSI)

Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:12 pm
Mightyman: If you go by the official PCG scale, which is (I think) 1 stud = 10 meters, then the Resolute is 540 meters in length. However, I imagine this ship to be more at the scale of 1 stud = 12 or 13 meters, or a length of 650-700 meters. You can take your pick as to which one you like. Very Happy
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet

Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:06 pm
This being a cruiser, the latter seems appropriate. Therefore, that would mean the ship is somewhat under-armed, at least for a frontline cruiser (of course, that would depend on the power of the weapons).
Lord General Spud
Lord General Spud
Lord General (MSI)
Lord General (MSI)

Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:07 pm
Mighty: Well, the turbolasers are just standard ship-to-ship fixed-position turbolasers, and the pulse cannons are energy pulses that have about 30% less power than a standard photon torpedo. So, I'd say weapon power is about middle of the spectrum. It's something I'll address with the MK III. Very Happy
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet

Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:01 pm
OK- so it's better off than I thought, but still a little UP. Razz If I may, I will say that the ship seems a little anti-cap-ship heavy; all it's weapons seem to be either anti-starfighter or anti-larger-ship (although, given my ignorance of SW tech, that feeling may be misplaced).
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant Jace
Lord Commandant (MSI)
Lord Commandant (MSI)

Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:44 pm
Lord General Spud wrote:Mightyman: If you go by the official PCG scale, which is (I think) 1 stud = 10 meters, then the Resolute is 540 meters in length. However, I imagine this ship to be more at the scale of 1 stud = 12 or 13 meters, or a length of 650-700 meters. You can take your pick as to which one you like. Very Happy

Links to use for some Star Wars comparisons for armament of (heavy) cruisers:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Strike-class_Medium_Cruiser
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Dreadnaught-class_Heavy_Cruiser
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Victory_II-class_Star_Destroyer
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum