Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : ICS

MI-1 Cobra Empty MI-1 Cobra

Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:22 am
The newest addition to the PXE Army is the MI-1 Cobra. The Cobra is capable of delivering infantry support and anti-vehicle fire while being compact enough to be transported by dropship or atmospheric drop. Cobras are quite common in the PXE Army due to their versatility and cheap cost. MI-1's can be camouflaged in different ways for different environments, but the most commen variant is the urban Cobra, shown here. Like the Velociraptor, the Cobra does not bear any of the crimson/dark red markings of the PXE, which make them excellent for urban combat. However, due to the MI-1's success, multiple camouflage variants have been produced for a variety of different environments.

Cobras are the Marauders (from Starship Troopers) of the PXE's Army. They can carry a many weapons, making them versatile, and the shoulder mounted rockets give the MI-1 an extra punch. A backpack, similar to the much smaller version utilized by PXE soldiers, allows the Cobra to carry extra weapons, such as pistols, knives, flamethrowers, and machetes. Armor is on the lower side, and the same is true for the Cobra's shielding power. However, it makes up with extreme speed and maneuverability, and is capable of outrunning tanks and medium to even light vehicles. Combined with the MI-1's maneuverability, it can scatter enemy lines quickly and allow more powerful units to take advantage of the ensuing confusion.

The Cobra usually carries three weapons: a primary weapon, a secondary weapon, and a melee weapon. The Cobra shown is carrying an AR-8 assault rifle.

MI-1 Cobra Mi-1_r10

MI-1 Cobra Mi-1_c12

The MI-1's backpack carries a CP-3 pistol, for firepower in tight and narrow areas.

MI-1 Cobra Mi-1_c10

On the other side is the CK-2 combat knife, used for cutting down obstacles, cleaning up (or rather, making a mess of) infantry, breaking through metal doors (that's how strong it is) and simply put, close range engagements.

MI-1 Cobra Mi-1_c11

In addition, the Cobra is outfitted with one missile rack on each shoulder. These can be loaded with AGM-3's or AFM-2's. In this case, the MI-1 is equipped with the AGM-3 for use against ground units.

MI-1 Cobra Mi-1_c13
rocket and backpack to viewer's right

The Cobra is outfitted with light armor to increase its agility. However, this makes the MI-1 extremely vulnerable if the weapon does hit. Its ASG-1 is not capable of providing the Cobra with shielding for long, making the Cobra increasingly susceptible to enemy fire. However, it is equipped with hyperthermal and hypothermal armor, mainly for the hazardous drop temperatures, but also to prevent the mech from any problems during extreme weather conditions. In addition, the MI-1 is watertight, allowing it to maneuver underwater. However, one small tear caused by anything can completely destroy the Cobra, so swimming is not recommended.

MI-1 Cobra Mi-1_c14
chest and head armor

Cobras are extremely fast and maneuverable due to their light weight, advanced motors, and jump jets, mounted on each leg. The Cobra is also equipped with MAB's on its feet and MAG's on its claws, allowing it to grab on to magnetic surfaces. The flexible pads of each foot and jump jets on the legs allow the Cobra to jump high to reach its target quickly or dodge enemy fire.

MI-1 Cobra Mi-1_c15
feet

The Cobra relies primarily on its optical scanners in the head to locate targets. However, auditory receptors can also help the MI-1 find and track its enemies. Several antennae allow the MI-1 to transmit data to other troops. As Cobras are remote controlled (and I mean very remote controlled, usually by fleet) rather than AI (several disasters several centuries ago (not involving PXE) led to this decision), they can continue moving even with their optical and/or auditory sensors damaged or destroyed by receiving coordinates from others. Therefore, though it does have weaknesses (in that, if communications are severed, all MI-1's will go offline), Cobras are not reliant on its primary "senses" to fight.

Model: MI-1 Cobra
Manufacturer
Produced: 2603 - present

Affiliation: PXE Army
In service: 2604 - present
Roles: infantry support, recon, anti-vehicle, (light) anti-armor, fast attack, limited anti-air, communications

Armaments: (depends on mission)
(shown in pics)
AR-8
CP-3
CK-2
x2 AGM-3's

Defenses:
1.5 - 2.3 cm absorbic armor
0.2 cm hyperthermal armor
0.2 cm hypothermal armor

ASG-1

Propulsion: LBMCEG

Maximum Speed: 200 km/h (approx 124 mph)

Communications:
FIS-XXX
DIS-XXX
SIS-XXX
CIS-1
CIS-2
CIS-3
CCIS

Capacity: N/A

Cost: approx 9500 SPXC (btw, this is not cheap, a SPXC has much more monetary value than any modern USD, Euro, or Yen)

Lxf: http://www.us.lego.com/en-us/starwars/gallery/4f2837bf-b22c-42c0-8470-14a6d86a1b41

Overall, I'm really happy with how the design came out. It was originally going to be my shot at a hardsuit, but it turned out otherwise halfway through. Regardless, I was actually expecting it to turn out much worst, so I'm pretty happy with it. This is my first time building a mech that is not inspired by anyone else's, (except the connectors to from the ankle area to the feet; I wanted a foot design that could rotate as well as elevate) so I'm very happy about that. LDD actually crashed when I was working on the weapons, which hadn't been saved yet, and I was very unhappy about that, but oh well, IMHO, it worked out pretty well anyway. Very Happy

Last edited by PXR on Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

MI-1 Cobra Empty Re: MI-1 Cobra

Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:29 am
First, let me say, I LOVE the design!!! But I'm not one for lightly armored mechs/ULV's as they are really tall, and easy targets. That and the speed is.. so high for something so big. I know it's possible with 2'600s alloys, SIFs, antigrav, and rockets, but it's tricky to believe it, on the mental leval.

Asside from the fact that this is 25 feet tall, AND lightly armored/shielded, which makes me question the tactical value, I love the design, I'm just leery of seeing such a cool vehicle destroyed too easily.

I love the x shaped chest armor, the joints arare great, and so are the limbs, the SNOT, and the proportions are great too. Well done.
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : ICS

Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:20 pm
@Dino: Tactically, I have to agree, but, to be perfectly honest, it was supposed to turn out smaller. Razz It's actually not that big, because it needs to be dropship-transportable. This isn't to replace infantry, just to support them. And it's pretty cheap, but hard to repair. And considering that it has like no armor and a light shielding grid, the speed seems fine for me. Razz It's supposed to move faster than a hover tank to dodge fire, get up close and personal, and use its machete.  Twisted Evil affraid MI-1 Cobra 4161666119 
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum