Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)
Faction : United Federation of Planets

USS Canis Majoris Empty USS Canis Majoris

Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:10 am
USS Canis Majoris EpubYYd
USS Canis Majoris ANw6hOM

The original Canis Major was a strange starship, and looked like something an LDD noob would make.  She was flimsy and thin in all the worst areas, relying on strong shielding and "TONS of weapons" to blow up all of her enemies first, making her a force to reckoned with. (Talmid)

The 'Major would ultimately see extensive combat during the Borg wars of the late 25th Century and would collaborate with the Talmidon into the early 26th Century, before she was retired.

In her place is something a lot cooler.

USS Canis Majoris DWHzSBd
USS Canis Majoris B24NVdT

Launched on the 28th of July, 2514, the USS Canis Majoris takes the original 'Major's weaknesses and makes them strengths.  The 'Majoris is incredibly durable and rigid, thanks to its bulky armor and immensely stiff structural integrity.

USS Canis Majoris 1rLqDyU

The 'Majoris does away with the turret weapons of the 'Major, making use of conventional weaponry such as phaser arrays and banks installed on strategic areas of the ship, and several torpedo launchers.  Most notable are the two rows of torpedo launchers at the fore, known as "Rainers" for their ability to create quite a torpedo rain.

USS Canis Majoris VSLwi5B

Unlike the Executive Class Heavy Cruiser recently launched, the Canis Majoris is a lone vessel independent of a class.

USS Canis Majoris KMOjfpp
USS Canis Majoris XdUM9Bj

Now I can tell you guys, I'd love to post an LXF for this and the Executive Class Battleship but all of LEGO's galleries are having issues, so you're stuck with the pictures till they fix it, if ever. Sad

Last edited by Talmid on Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : ICS

USS Canis Majoris Empty Re: USS Canis Majoris

Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:23 am
@Talmid: This is so amazingly beautiful! I absolutely love the new hull; it looks very bulky, but in a great way! I love how it can be so bulky yet sleek at the same time.

As for the issues, I just made another account, and even told the moderators openly, but they allowed it. So yeah. For some reason all the galleries are disabled on my Mirage3145 account. It says that "Sorry, but there is a problem with your account. Please try again." Or something like that Razz.
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)

Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:31 am
PXR wrote:@Talmid: This is so amazingly beautiful! I absolutely love the new hull; it looks very bulky, but in a great way! I love how it can be so bulky yet sleek at the same time.

As for the issues, I just made another account, and even told the moderators openly, but they allowed it. So yeah. For some reason all the galleries are disabled on my Mirage3145 account. It says that "Sorry, but there is a problem with your account. Please try again." Or something like that Razz.

Huh, on the Videogames Gallery I get an error page with Bob unplugging the wires, on the Gallery Gallery creations never finish uploading/editing.  On the Star Wars Gallery I can't download anything and the Galaxy Squad Gallery has the same upload issue as the Gallery Gallery.  Neutral
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : ICS

Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:45 am
@Talmid: You have to wait for quite a while lol. I wait for almost five minutes before anything changes. Razz Neutral But I can't even log into my Mirage3145 account for some reason, which is very annoying. Evil or Very Mad USS Canis Majoris 3327345095 USS Canis Majoris 179010628 And that's an understatement. Razz
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:13 pm
I knew there was a (bunch of) reason(s) I left Lego.com. Razz

I like most of this new ship, but it feels too bulky to me from the side shot, might I suggest moving the navigational deflector and its housing back to the middle of the saucer? That may help a lot.

Other than that it is good, but I just have troubling "feeling" bulky Starfleet style ships, because those two things are contradictory in my mind. Also, the saucer looks kind of square-ish.

But apart from that, I like the ship. I really like your take on heavily armored nacelles.
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : De-Factioned

Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:18 pm
Dude, I really like this ship! And for a Federation style ship that's saying alot! I especially like the combination of teh super thick naccle pylons and the thick flat-ish naccles, very cool. Overall, it looks very nice! It looks very much like what you designed it to be.
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:33 pm
It's a startrek style ship that AA loves... now THAT is some HIGH PRAISE! Razz Smile
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)

Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:53 pm
@Ant: Well actually my intention in designing it was to build a Federation Supercruiser for a challenge J-Red gave me... and then I realized that the engineering section was incredibly small compared to the saucer I was building, which reminded me of the original Canis Major, so I called the new ship Canis Majoris.  When it was done I realized how much it looked like the original Canis Major, so all of a sudden it was a new Canis Major. Razz

@Dino: I probably could move the deflector dish back and shorten the saucer-part of the drive hull.  USS Canis Majoris 3228931548  It might give the ship a more traditional look if the neck doesn't extend so much....

The nacelles were also originally from the Beneficent Class based on the Talmidon, but with new phaser arrays and recoloring. Razz
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:03 pm
I wouldn't quite class this as "modern supercruiser" size-wise. It would pass for one before S-H started the supercruiser wars with the Hazeroth... which lead to ships of 5,000+ pieces (and even 10,000+) I want to guess this has about... 2,700? Not bad by any means, but I'd try to add another thousand pieces before I'd call it a supercruiser (and that would still be on the smallER side of supercruisers)

Anyways, well done. And as I said, I love those nacelles! Very Happy
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)

Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:21 pm
I know. The plan was to build a Supercruiser, but the final result turned out to be more of a large Battlecruiser. 2,700 bricks sounds about right, I could go check but I'm pretty sure it doesn't have more than 3000. Razz
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:59 pm
It still looks like it could give, and ESPECIALLY take a serious pounding.
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Khent-sa

Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:38 pm
I agree with Dino; the engineering hull extends too far out under the saucer and kinda ruins the aesthetic. Sad
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)

Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:44 am
It's about time I gave you guys an LXF file.

LXF File hosted by the LEGO Videogames Gallery
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum