Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Kojan
Kojan
High Admiral (CIR)
High Admiral (CIR)
Faction : Caldera Imperial Republic

Character sheet
Faction:
Species: Human
https://phoenixcommandgroup.rpg-board.net/

Tanks Database Empty Tanks Database

Mon May 27, 2013 1:00 pm
Heavy Tanks

"Enforcer" Mk. II MBT
Spoiler:
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/u2v02atcxaz7s81/Enforcer_Main_Battle_Tank.lxf

The Enforcer Mk. II Main Battle Tank is the backbone of the Yaka Imperial's armored ground forces, and is the most common variant seen on the battlefield. Serving as heavy tanks, they can take quite a beating before finally being destroyed. Armed with two large 165mmm foot cannons (That's the diameter of the bore, not the length of the barrel) and four Bolter machine guns, the Enforcer can counter enemy armor and infantry alike.

Weapons:
2x 165mm cannons
4x Rapid-Cycling Auto Guns

Armor:
216mm of Titanium Grade B Armor Plating

Top Speed:
39 mph

"Clear Skies Tank" Mk. I SP-AAWS
Spoiler:
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/iimjrp1649yvz63/Clear_Skies_Anti-Aircraft_Tank.lxf

The Self-Propelled Anti-Aircraft Weapon System (nicknamed the "Clear Skies Tank") serves as a mobile AA platform that is highly effective at targeting and neutralizing enemy aircraft. Armed with eight Bolter Rapid-Cycling Chainguns, the Clear Skies and take down aircraft as well as it can gun down enemy infantry.

Weapons:
8x Anti-Aircraft Rapid-Cycling Auto Guns
5x Rapid-Cycling Auto Guns

Armor:
110mm of Titanium-Yakaium Grade B Armor Plating

Top Speed:
45 mph

"Annihilator" Mk. III MBT
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/s73p16rpjcbq0np/Annihilator_Main_Battle_Tank.lxf

The Annihilator Mk. III Main Battle Tank is the next generation of the Enforcer Tanks. The main cannons of the Enforcer have been removed and replaced with an extremely large vehicle-mounted railgun. The tank fires projectiles of solid lead at enemies, as opposed to the high-explosive anti-armor shells fired from the Enforcer. On impact, the lead sort of "blobs" out before punching through, creating a much larger hole, and not a single clean shot like a bullet. The only drawback of this system is that solid lead is much heavier than shells, so the top speed of this tank is severely cut from 39 mph to 28 mph.

Weapons:
1x Tank-Mounted Railgun

Armor:
211mm inches of Titanium-Yakaium Grade B Armor Plating

Top Speed:
28 mph

"Incinerator Mk. I PST
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/p07tebkk2wk2ap1/Incinerator_Plasma_Tank.lxf

The Incinerator Plasma Tank is a highly complex, and therefore much more rare, battle tank that is equipped with a very large plasma cannon. The plasma fired from this tank can melt through the thickest armor, and can incinerate ground troops.

Weapons:
1x Tank-Mounted Plasma Cannon

Armor:
230mm of Titanium-Yakaium Grade B Armor Plating

Top Speed:
42 mph

SPRA-12 "Cyclone"
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/oez4r3f4ig37e7u/Cyclone_Rocket_Tank.lxf

The Cyclone Rocket tank uses the chassis of the Enforcer tank variant and replaces the turret with a device nicknamed the "Rocket Box". Each "Rocket Box" contains six long-range missiles. Missiles can contain payloads ranging from high-explosive to plasma to Compressed Nuclear. Cyclones are built for range, and can fire their missiles to accurately hit a target from eight miles away.

Weapons:
1x Cyclone Missile Launcher
---6x Missiles (Variety chosen as needed)
4x Rapid-Cycling Auto Guns

Armor:
111mm of Titanium-Yakaium Grade B Armor Plating

Top Speed:
52 mph

Light Tanks

LT-1 Defender Mk. II
Spoiler:
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/jrlx7j1v7a6kfki/DefenderLightTank.lxf

The LT-1 Defender Mk. II light tank provides the Imperial Army and Marines with an excellent cavalry and infantry support unit. Less than half the size of a normal Enforcer heavy tank and housing only two crew members, the Defender is fast, allowing it to speed ahead of armored columns, initiate quick strikes, or allow troops to quickly hitch a ride and taking them into combat. Due to their small size, they are extremely cheap to produce, making them a common sight on the battlefield. With a 65mm cannon and half the armor thickness of other tanks, the Defender relies more on its speed an maneuverability to combat enemy armor, rather than "rolling with the punches" like an Enforcer. They are the most common tank used by the Imperial Army in urban warfare, as they are able to best navigate the streets of sprawling urban metropolises with relative ease and minor collateral damage.

Weapons:
1x 65mm Cannon
2x Rapid-Cycling AutoGun

Armor:
125mm

Top Speed:
65mph

Amphibious Assault Variant
Spoiler:
The LT-1/A1 variant of Defender is meant for amphibious assaults, submerging itself beneath the waves and crawling on the sea floor up and onto the beachhead. Alternatively, the tank can deploy self-inflating airbags on the sides of the tank to float across the water. Both options are seen in the photo above.

Arctic Warfare Variant
Spoiler:
The LT-1/A2 variant of the Defender is specially equipped to excel in frozen battlefields. Heated armor means that the mechanical components of the tank take much longer to freeze in place. Many tank commanders have used this advantage to plot ambushes in snowbanks, surprising enemy forces.

Arid Warfare Variant
Spoiler:
The LT-1/A3 variant of the Defender has relatively few differences from the original tank. In addition to a more appropriate camouflage scheme, the tank's air intake and exhaust ports have improved filters, meaning smaller sand and dust particles have a much harder time of getting into the tank's inner workings and damaging the systems.

Jungle Warfare Variant
Spoiler:
The LT-1/J variant of the Defender is built to be a true hunter of the jungle. Some versions of the tank are modified to sport a massive rotary saw in front of the vehicle, able to clear through jungles with relative ease, while other versions have synthetic foliage draped over the vehicle to best use it for ambushes. Both options are shown above. In addition, the normal AutoGuns are replaced with flamethrowers.

Siege Warfare Variant
Spoiler:
The LT-1/S variant is employed in battle situations to provide infantry units with cover as they are advancing towards a well-defended enemy position. Additionally, the bulldozer blade is used to quickly create entrenchments to provide cover for defending forces.

Anti-Aircraft Variant
Spoiler:
The LT-1/AA variant of the Defender, equipped with four 50mm flak cannons, is used to protect friendly forces against enemy aircraft. It is equally as effective against infantry, inflicting heavy damage to massed formations. It comes with an enhanced radar suite to detect enemy aircraft, so many commanders include at least one or two of these variants in their formations give them a better reading on the battlefield.

Plasma Variant
Spoiler:
The LT-1/P variant is the best anti-armor variant of the Defender yet employed, with its plasma charges making short work of enemy shields and armor. These versions, however, most often work alone as tank-destroyers, as severe damage to the tank can cause it to go into a meltdown, damaging or killing anything in the vicinity of its explosion.

Rocket Launcher Variant
Spoiler:
The LT-1/RL variant is used as a makeshift artillery unit in battles where regular artillery isn't an option or is otherwise unavailable. The short-range rockets, while not smart or otherwise accurate, do an amazing job in suppressing enemy troops or destroying very large targets.

Tank-Hunter Variant
Spoiler:
The LT-1/TH variant serves a similar role to the Plasma Variant, with the primary role of both tanks being to destroy enemy armor effectively. However, unlike the Plasma Variant, the Tank-Hunter Variant uses projectiles. The TH's main gun is almost twice as long as the standard Defender gun, resulting in increased accuracy.

Urban Warfare Variant
Spoiler:
The LT-1/UW variant is similar to the TUSK variant of the M1A1 Abrams deployed in the late 20th and early 21st centuries. Fitted with reactive armor, the tank can survive under heavier punishment than a standard Defender. Armor is slightly thicker on the top to protect it from attacks above. Its short, stubby cannons make fighting in tight spaces much easier, especially in support of infantry units. However, this means that the tank is not very effective against other tanks.

Napalm Tank
Spoiler:
The LT-1/NT variant is, quite simply, a flamethrower tank. Large fuel tanks on the back route into the main cannon, with an ignitor at the end of the barrel allowing liquid fire to spew forth. The fuel tanks in the back of the tank are well-armored, preventing any well-aimed shots from destroying the entire tank.

Last edited by Kojan Altis Riktan on Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:31 am; edited 11 times in total
Lord Admiral Ariklego
Lord Admiral Ariklego
Lord Admiral (MSI)
Lord Admiral (MSI)
Faction : Minotaur Space Imperium; Greylark Provincial Navy
Location : New Carradock, Imperial Core Territories, MSI Space

Tanks Database Empty Re: Tanks Database

Mon May 27, 2013 4:49 pm
Ooh, nice vehicles! Are these MSI tanks?

It might be smart to find a way to shrink the images' size down a bit, though... =P
Kojan
Kojan
High Admiral (CIR)
High Admiral (CIR)

Character sheet
Faction:

Mon May 27, 2013 5:39 pm
No, these tanks are for the Yaka Empire; more specifically, the Imperial Army and Imperial Marines. The MSI has their own vehicular data base. Razz

I tried to find the option in the admin panel to make all images shrunk down a little, but I have yet to find it. Razz
Lord Admiral Ariklego
Lord Admiral Ariklego
Lord Admiral (MSI)
Lord Admiral (MSI)
Faction : Minotaur Space Imperium; Greylark Provincial Navy
Location : New Carradock, Imperial Core Territories, MSI Space

Mon May 27, 2013 6:27 pm
Ah, alrighty. Yeah, I had just looked and seen that this was in the "Yaka Empire" forum instead of the MSI one right after posting that. =P

Hmm. In that case, probably the only options are either to resize it with whatever image editing software is available or to do so in the image's code (not sure if the second is possible).
Kojan
Kojan
High Admiral (CIR)
High Admiral (CIR)

Character sheet
Faction:

Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:01 am
BUMP

I've added a brand new light tank to the database, available for viewing at the bottom. I'm actually really, really proud of this one, as I made it completely from scratch myself (my previous tanks were all based on a chassis and track design I found on the LDD Gallery), and it's minifig compatible*, which is not something I'm good at making. Basically, 10/10, would build again.
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : De-Factioned

Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:37 am
Dang! That's a nice tank! I'm still trying to decide though if it's an upscaled version of the Renault Tank or a downscaled version of an M60. Razz

1. And again, the general photoshopping makes it super epic! Razz
2. I love the protected treads, and it almost gives me the feel of a TX-130 tank.
Spoiler:
3. I love it's general detailing, you captured the style and heart of your other tanks well, despite this one being from scratch.
4. The different attachments for different enviornments are super cool! I really like the big riot-shield on the Siege version. Razz
5. My only real criticism, is the autogun, while I appreciate being able to protect it's back, I think it needs atleast something for the front as well. Maybe a co-axial gun (one mounted on the turret with the 65mm gun) for more rapid fire against infantry. In the same way I think the flamethrower on the Jungle version should be on the front.

Aaaand I would love to see this thing in a mini-Air-Defense version/Anti-Vehicle. Kinda like mounting the stingers on M3 Bradleys or Javelin missiles on Humvees. Or you could have a upgrade kit so that some, not all, could have an extra two missile tubes on the side of the turret, and maybe some grenade launchers for smoke screens (like on the M1 Abrams) on the other side. Sorta like the upgrade kit to make Humvees better suited to urban warfare. I forget what the kit is called, but it includes making the gun be able to be controlled from the inside, extra armor plates, etcetera. In teh same way, maybe just have some sort of "kit" that can be installed on the tank.

Deffinitly a great tank!
Kojan
Kojan
High Admiral (CIR)
High Admiral (CIR)

Character sheet
Faction:

Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:47 pm
Actually, now that I look at it, it seems to resemble a Panzer VIII Maus more than anything. I wasn't even going for that look. Razz

I'm glad you like to pic and tank design. Like I said, I put a lot of work into it, and I feel it's one of my best creations yet. I've always loved multi-role functionality in vehicles (such as the M4A3 Sherman), so having a variety of variants and the ability to easily re-purpose the vehicle was something I kept in mind while building.

In regards to the AutoGun: the design of the turret and front of the tank makes it so that any smaller gun mounted in those positions looks awkward. It was an unintentional design flaw, but one I have to deal with. Tanks of similar size often don't have any other weapons besides the main gun, so the Defender actually does have a bit of an advantage. I forgot to mention it in the main description, but the binocular pieces at the front of the tank (on either side of the viewport) are smoke launchers used to provide a smoke screen, just like you said! Razz

Now that you mention AA capability, I'm lovin' the idea. I'll get straight to work on it. Razz
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:26 pm
Now that you mention the Sherman, it really looks like a smaller sherman. Razz Maybe a bit flatter/longer too, like a renault. (proportion-wise). I don't think it really looks like a Panzer VIII Maus though. Razz

You could just add an autogun here:
Spoiler:

Just add one of the square studs with the ring on the side, like I tried to draw in that picture, and attach a telescope peice to it. If you make the square stud w/ring peice dark grey, it should blend in pretty well and fit nicely in that little niche.
Kojan
Kojan
High Admiral (CIR)
High Admiral (CIR)

Character sheet
Faction:

Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:49 pm
That... actually works really well. Razz

I've also built AA and plasma variants of the tank, so I'll be updating the pics soon.
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:50 pm
Yeah, love the different variants!

However, when I said AA, I was more of thinking something that relied on missiles to take stuff down. :PSorta like this:
Spoiler:

The AA guns look really good, but missiles are so much more functional, aircraft just move so fast these days. :PMaybe do a mix of guns and missiles.

Speaking of missiles, while highly functional, the only version I dislike is the rocket artillery version. It just looks bad, to be prefectly honest. :PMaybe if you did a deal like the Cyclone heavy tank, or side mounted rocket tubes (if you set them up like the S-6 Rekslo you should be able to fit several), or maybe do a deal like rocket artillery trucks, with teh cab, or in this case the turret, still there but some of the back cut off and mount the rocket tubes on the back angled up at about 30-45 degrees. Then you could have the main gun replace with a laser designator or something.

I love the plasma variant, and the submersible water variant. I can just see that thing crawling along the sand-bar, and suddenly appearing out of the water and driving through shocked enemy troops. Awesome!

And you nailed the autogun.
Kojan
Kojan
High Admiral (CIR)
High Admiral (CIR)

Character sheet
Faction:

Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:22 am
Yeah, I wasn't too thrilled with the RL variant either. I tried to base it off of the rocket launcher variant of the Sherman, but it just sort of came out bleh. Razz I might scrap it altogether, as the Yaka Empire doesn't use missiles or torpedoes (on the warships) that often. I don't know why I've developed them that way: they simply just don't. Razz This brings me to the AA variant. I don't think I'm going to change it at all, for the reasons mentioned above. Let's just say that the onboard computer can, with relative accuracy, use the radar to calculate the speed of the incoming aircraft and tell the gunners when to fire to make sure that there is flak in the area where the enemy plane/dropship/whatever will be. Razz

Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:40 am
Yeah....that did kinda fail. Razz Maybe if you had more rockets over top and less up the sides, and then just slide it back some. If you can get me the .lxf I may be able to do it.

As for the AA guns...well...I have only one argument left. Roketz R 2 cuel 2 not H4VE!!!!1!!! Razz
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:16 pm
Nice new armor Kojan! Very Happy I like how your tanks have some heft to them... they look 1940's inspired, and yet still very futuristic. Although I'd probably aim for a "sleeker, lower profile" your tanks are still awesome (plus, they fit figs... something that slighter tanks often can't do) anyways, as AA said, the RL version needs work, and the amphibious version is simply awesome. Great job on that! Very Happy
Kojan
Kojan
High Admiral (CIR)
High Admiral (CIR)

Character sheet
Faction:

Fri May 02, 2014 9:01 pm
Bump

I added the new rocket launcher variant of the Defender. It's of a similar make as the SPRA-12 Cyclone. Razz
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Fri May 02, 2014 10:09 pm
Hmmm, those must be some high-yeild rockets, noting the size and that it seems to only carry four. I think for simple suppresssion however you would be better off with a large amount of small launchers, like this:
Spoiler:
Although for large targets, what you have there looks good. I do love your general rocket launcher design, seen on both your cyclone and your rocket launcher variant of the Defender there. Very nice.
Kojan
Kojan
High Admiral (CIR)
High Admiral (CIR)

Character sheet
Faction:

Wed May 07, 2014 8:47 pm
Second bump for three new tanks!
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Sat May 10, 2014 10:24 pm
I love these three new tanks! Especially the urban warfare variant. It's guns reminds me of a sawed-off shotgun, perfect for close-quarters urban warfare. I don't really like the white for the reactive armor however, I think it would be better if you colored it grey with the rest of the tank. Same with the napalm tank, while perfect as a mass casualty inducer, and would be great for urban or jungle enviornments, I think the gold makes it stand out too much, and I like the maroon color better anyways. Razz But those are all very nice tanks! I love your method of making several variants of the same basic vehicle, whereas most people just make whole new vehicles. It's interesting to see the different configurations.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum