Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)
Faction : United Federation of Planets

"Pangolin" MT-21 Light Armored Vehicle Empty "Pangolin" MT-21 Light Armored Vehicle

Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:13 pm
Pictures (Not so big):

The Pangolin is the unofficial name of the MT-21, a Light Armored Vehicle used by Star Force in a variety of ground roles.  It shares the same platform with the Aven MN-3 Mine Sweeper, though the Pangolin has a lot less armor and several more weapons.

The Pangolin has enough maneuverability, armor, and capable weapons systems to take on anti-infantry roles, but is for the most part useless against any larger, more powerful, and stronger enemy ground vehicles, or anything well-armored really.  Think AT-AT.  The Pangolin's weapons, while numerous enough to take out a lot of infantry, are quite weak in comparison to the really large guns you can put on a big tank, and are rather ineffective against strong armor.

The Pangolin is powered by twelve repulsorlift pods, armored from below and generating some deflector shielding for the unarmored sides.

Stats:
x16 Light Phaser Guns (x12 stationary, x4 rotating)
x4 Not-as-light-but-still-light Phaser Guns (tilting)
x1 Medium Phaser Cannon

By the way, I'm getting the same bug as Mirage where I can't upload creations to the LEGO Gallery, so no LDD file for now. Sad
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

"Pangolin" MT-21 Light Armored Vehicle Empty Re: "Pangolin" MT-21 Light Armored Vehicle

Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:40 pm
Seems nice, but too many little guns, not enough big guns. Just my take on it, I like the design, it just seems over under armed Razz
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Khent-sa

"Pangolin" MT-21 Light Armored Vehicle Empty Re: "Pangolin" MT-21 Light Armored Vehicle

Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:38 pm
^^^ What Dino said. Razz ^^^
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : De-Factioned

Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:32 pm
It reminds me of a mix between my old S-3 Rhino and my new S-3 Grup, with lots more little guns and less big ones like Dino said. Razz

But I must correct you in one point, that is obviously not the MT-21, as this is the MT-21

Spoiler:

I'ld add some smoke generators/launchers, maybe a rokcet pod or a couple of missiles, and take off lots of those small guns, maybe mount a front one or two that can swivel and a top one that can swivel.
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)

Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:36 pm
@Dino and Mightyman who agrees with Dino: I guess I could try giving it more better weapons. Razz

@Ant: Well I was inspired. Razz
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:29 pm
That little thing meant to act as a survllance thing/mini lab and tow a mining trailer inspired you to build a tank? *arched eyebrow emote* Razz
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)

Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:35 pm
Ant, it's hardly a tank. It's a light armored vehicle. Razz
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:28 am
It looks like a tank, either way, my point still stands. Razz
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : ICS

Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:53 pm
Nice vehicle! I must agree with Dino and Mightyman though, as awesome as the vehicle is (love the interior btw). Maybe you should add some rocket pods to give it some more punch, but other than that, awesome vehicle!
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)

Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:54 pm
Dang it! Rocket pods, how can I forget rocket pods? Razz I can surely add those, maybe those will grant the Pangolin the additional punch it needs...
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : ICS

Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:53 am
@Talmid: Btw, for the lxf problem, I used the Galaxy Squad thing instead. I suppose you could try the SW one as well...
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum