Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : ICS

Dalo Class ShockER Frigate Empty Dalo Class ShockER Frigate

Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:30 pm
Dalo Class ShockER Frigate Dalo_c10

LXF: http://www.us.lego.com/en-us/gallery/2c1b336e-01cd-40d4-9c87-d196df53f6a9?index=1&categoryId=64929898-C52F-49D8-B106-C0C36314093C

The Dalo Class ShockER Frigate is an absolute necessity for all missile carrying warships in the PXE's fleets. The Dalo is common in all PXE fleets, supporting larger and more powerful cruisers and battleships that are equipped with KMR-17 or KMR-19 Anti-Ship Missiles. However, on its own, the Dalo is highly vulnerable. Due to the massive energy input required to charge, let alone fire a ShockER, it suffers from a severe lack of ship-to-ship weapons. The weapons mounted on the Dalo are predominantly anti-fighter cannons, to prevent them from disabling the ShockERs. The ShockER Frigate is actually quite large (piece wise: 3057), measuring even lengthier than the Centauri Class Cruiser. HOWEVER, despite its size, it has almost less than half the armaments of the Centauri. This further proves the massive energy amounts required to operate the ShockER. Most of the hull is covered in energy converters, generators, shielding grids, and solar panels, all working to provide the ShockER with the sufficient firepower to disable an enemy capital ship.

Dalo Class ShockER Frigate Dalo_c12
some of the converters/generators/greebling

Dalo Class ShockER Frigate Dalo_c13
some of the panels & grid systems

Dalo Class ShockER Frigate Dalo_c14
more generators and panels/greebling

The Dalo features several KP-3s to shoot down enemy fighters. A KP-6 is also equipped on the bow of the Dalo, in front of the bridge. However, other than the KP-6, the Dalo features no ship-to-ship armament, making it extremely vulnerable. The ShockER Frigate is armed with two KP-9 ShockERs, one on each winglet. These ShockERs are powered by almost every generator on the starship, giving it immense fire'shocking' power. Razz A single KP-9 ShockER, with the sufficient energy supply, can shut down a ship's (the size of the Dalo) thruster and shielding systems with three shots. (And I'd say the Dalo is about equivalent to the size of the Pollux Class Battlecruiser) However, a ShockER can only fire three shots before it must recharge for approximately 120 hours. (time is determined by circumstances) If fire is sustained, the barrel will rapidly deteriorate, eventually exploding, and potentially destroying the vessel. Both ShockERs, firing six shots total (before recharging) can temporarily, and maybe permanently immobilize a fairly large battleship (a ship about the size of the Lola (as the Lola is about the size of the Empress)). However, a ShockER cannot destroy a ship; it can merely immobilize it and cut off power to defense systems. (Personally, I don't think this is OP, considering the massive recharge time, the lack of armaments on a pretty large vessel, and the huge array of energy panels, generators, etc; and that this warship is specialized in 'shocking')

Dalo Class ShockER Frigate Dalo_c10
external view of the ShockER

Dalo Class ShockER Frigate Dalo_c11
internal components of ShockER

Defenses on the Dalo are quite limited. Since the Dalo uses almost all of its power for the two ShockERs, the frigate is equipped with a Mk. 1 standard shielding grid and lacks the prototype hyperthermal shielding grid. Armor is fairly heavy however; as the Dalo suffers from a lack of armaments, its main defense becomes the large amounts of absorbic armor.

The Dalo is equipped with a Mk. 4 warp drive. Four nacelles provide power to the Dalo. Despite its massive energy supply mostly being diverted to the ShockERs, the Dalo is quite maneuverable, allowing it to outrun or evade enemy capital ships and interceptor vessels.

Dalo Class ShockER Frigate Dalo_c11
nacelles

The Dalo Class Frigate is also equipped with many hangar bays, allowing it to host twelve squadrons of fighters. Generally, the Dalo will carry ten squadrons of Phoenix fighters and two squadrons of Swallow light fighters to defend the ship from enemy fighters or capital ships.

Armaments:
x32 KP-3 anti-aircraft cannons
x1 KP-6 heavy turret
x2 KP-9 ShockERs (Shock Energy Rays)

Defenses:
18.7 - 21.3 cm absorbic armor
Mk. 1 standard shielding grid

Warp Capabilities:
Mk. 4 warp drive: WF 8.9...

Fighter Complement:
x10 squadrons Phoenix Class Fighters
x2 squadrons Swallow Class Light Fighters

Affiliation: PXE Navy

Class: Dalo

Role(s): ShockER warship, support vessel, light anti-fighter frigate, interceptor

Also, can someone please add some subtopics called "PXE Locational Database", "PXE Battle Logs", and "PXE Database" please? And if the "PXE Locational Database" is added, please move "City of Raka Alos" from "PXE History" to the "PXE Locational Database". Thanks! Smile

Btw, anyone notice how I almost always use the same angle for my first pic? The Pollux B, Lola, Centauri, this... Razz

.lxf

Last edited by PXR on Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Dalo Class ShockER Frigate Empty Re: Dalo Class ShockER Frigate

Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:32 pm
I like it! It doesn't seem OP to me as it's strength comes at great cost. I wonder if it is worth it though; it would seem that a ship of similar size, with a more standard armament and shielding, could be more effective for most situations. But it's your faction, your tactics.

Very nice build. I love your greebling, and envy you for having a faction with ships that use outer detail. Razz (Starfleet ships are meant to be pretty and streamlined, but you don't see a lot of their guts and power conduits)

Once again, well done.

And you must just use that angle because you like it, and I can see why.
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : De-Factioned

Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:51 pm
@dino: that's why I switched up my style, moar detail. Razz
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:20 pm
@Dino: Thanks! Glad you like the greebling! I see what you mean but, due to the PXE's over-use of missiles Razz, it relies on ships like the Dalo to quickly take out shields, allowing the missiles to maximize their effectiveness.

@Ant: Lol.  Razz 
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet
Faction: Phoenix Command Group
Species: Khent-sa

Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:16 pm
I don't care what the drawbacks are; disabling a supercruiser is irredeemably OP IMHO. Razz

Other than that, the ship is really good!
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:59 pm
@Mightyman: Lol, sorry, and thanks! Razz
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:03 pm
@MM: right, just make it big enough and it's automatically invincible......you know, throughout history the bigger ones are usually more vunverable/have bigger falls. The Titanic, the Bismark, the Hindinburg......need I say more? Razz

Ohhh! I was just reminded of an amazing song! *begins screaming* "The bigger they are, the harder they fall! You're going to suffer hit me I'll hit back harder!" Razz
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet

Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:12 pm
Just think about it- if it were possible to disable a supercruiser with a very common cruiser-sized vessel, why even bother? We should just stick with smaller vessels; at the most, light cruisers. Larger vessels become complete wastes of cash, as they can be disabled and destroyed fairly easily. See my point? It's not that larger ships are necessarily invincible (at least as far as realism is concerned), it's that making them this easy to destroy renders the whole idea of a superbattleship pointless- hence, balance must trump realism, at least in this instance.
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)
Faction : United Federation of Planets

Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:39 pm
I can imagine a proper Supercruiser surviving a series of ShockER bursts... a Supercruiser is after all quite super, and to be proper it would be designed to lose contact with several portions and systems throughout various parts of the ship but still function and be able to fight. Take, say, I dunno, how about the Empress. (I love it so much Razz) You could "Shock" one wing and blow up an entire side but it will still fly and it will still fight.

Maybe a ShockER could theoretically down a Supercruiser-sized vessel, but to be a Supercruiser, a starship needs more than just size. Stuff like individually and independently operating systems and stuff that can keep working even after major hull loss would be needed, IMO, for a Supercruiser-sized ship to be a proper war-faring Supercruiser.
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:07 pm
Yeah, what talmid said. Razz
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:42 pm
@All: I only said large battleship, not supercruiser. Razz
Tetrahedron
Tetrahedron
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Character sheet

Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:04 pm
Supercruisers are large battleships. Razz

True, I imagine supercruisers could function with large sections of hull missing/disabled, but judging by the description, it would appear to me that Dalos are A) everywhere, and B) capable of disabling a whole supercruiser regardless.
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:14 pm
@Mightyman: Okay, the Dalo can only disable battleships 0.9... the size of a supercruiser. Razz

In a normal PXE fleet, you would find one to three Dalo's.
Talmid
Talmid
Commander (PCG)
Commander (PCG)
Faction : United Federation of Planets

Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:22 pm
I think it's perfectly fine for 1-3 Dalos to take on even a proper Supercruiser and theoretically take it down.... if the Supercruiser wasn't firing any weapons. Razz

From what I understand, a Supercruiser can technically be taken down by a series of ShockER bursts. Technically, yes, it is possible. Realistically, no, it is not possible, because the Supercruiser is going to be the one blowing stuff up first. Razz The Dalos can get in their shots, cause blackouts throughout the Supercruiser, but they would not be able to finish the job before they are destroyed....

They're not OP at all. Razz OP would be one Dalo being able to survive a Supercruiser's full broadside. Razz
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:51 pm
@Talmid: Dalo's work by seeking cover behind battleships and firing. Razz So that it is harder. Of course, it makes them a target for corvettes and fighters.
Lonestar
Lonestar
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:07 pm
EXCELLENT ship! I love the fact that you used fewer transparent pieces...really makes it look better, IMO. Superb detail and color scheme as well!

Nacelles could use some work, but they're certainly not bad. And I would also suggest making a ship with different style...but I'm a bit on the hypocritical side with that, as I am always making something with a split-saucer. Razz

Great job and hope to see more!
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:32 pm
@Scarecrow: Lol! Thanks! Lol, well, I'm too lazy to make new nacelles for different ships. Razz About the style, well, let's just put it this way, I'm also too lazy to change up my design. Razz Oh,and btw, the transparent pieces represent hangars. Wink
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:45 pm
@PXR: and that will result in everyone disliking your ships pretty soon, creativity+realism is what gets you amazing stuff that people respect. Laziness results in bad things. Razz
PXR
PXR
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:45 pm
@Ant: Lol, well I am going to change my nacelles for my carrier, but that's if I can finish its hull first. Speaking of which, I need to put that up soon... Razz
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum