Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : De-Factioned

PPT Burvkar Empty PPT Burvkar

Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:37 pm
PPT Burvkar

PPT Burvkar PPT_Burvkar_1_Final

The PPT Burvkar is the latest PPT design to appear in the Milky Way. It's solid, block-like design leaves no obvious structural weakness open to attack (unlike other ships which have weird projections all over the place). It is not as fast as other ships of it's similar size within the PPT but is just as nimble, with maunvering thrusters placed throughout the ship and having more power than many of those other ships. While not being as fast in FTL speeds, the Burvkar stil posses remarkable sub-light speeds, out-pacing other (PPT0 ship's it's size easily. Of course, numberous redundancies have been built in including seperate power systems (so if you shoot the wiring for the tail-lights, the head-lights don't go out, and if you shoot out the wiring for the weapon's systems, the shielding isn't affected) but with the ability to redirect power to compromised areas. (So you can get the tail-lights working again, if they're still there.)

The usual layered shields, along with the different types (energy, magnetic, and absortion), are there, and the cloak.  It's armor is thick, and the construction of the ship itself makes it very impact and damage resistant. In addition, it's built not as a ship with an armored hull, or shell, but as a cinder-block. The ship itself is armor, in a sense. Thus, breaching the first armor layer does not reveal the soft inside of the ship like almost every single ship every created, but just reveals the granite interior.

The Burvkar's hanger is small compared to most ships, but runs the entire width of the ship with two entrances/exits. It carries a small landing force along with a small space-craft force. It is equipped with eight beam turrets for ship-to-ship combat, along with four projectile cannons and two large beam cannons aisde the nose. (I'm debating between various better names and accompanying explantions for them). The turrets are effective when facing multiple ships and are the staple of PPT ship-to-ship weapons (along with missiles and torpedoes). The underside cannons are especially effective at punching through armor and require much less energy to be fired (incase you don't have enough for the turrets or main guns), but are also highly effective at rendering shields useless (after they crumple up from the first few). Additionally the Burvkar has six missile ports on the underside and several torpedo bays around the ventral and doral, and side depressions that run around the ship from front to back. As small ships have little room for weapons, the PPT like to place atleast one "superweapon" on them to provide neccessary punch for large, well protected targets such as super-cruisers, battleships, and dreadnoughts that other PPT ships (in addition to their multiple "superweapons") could take on with their large quantities of "normal" weapons. It's their equalizer for the small guys. The Burvkar's equalizer is in the form of it's main guns, the two beam cannons alongside the nose which devestate opposition with powerful and repeated blasts, ripping through shielding, armor, and structure with unsettling ease. This combined with the speed and manuverbility of the Burvkar make it a tough opponent.

I'll do stat's and polish the description up and stuff and add more pictures later, I first have to gimp the pictures and do some calculations for stats, but you should have the general idea by now.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

A note on the shields: PPT shields are obvisouly different than other shields, just as Klingon shields are, and Romulan, and Cardassian and Federation, etcetera. And they are obviously much more advanced and powerful. However, unlike many shields which seem to either "block" weapons fire or "absorb it" by turning it into lots of pretty light dancing over the hull of the ship with little damage to the ship itself, the shields of the PPT have been observed to "suck in" weapons fire. Observers have stated that the image becomes distorted and the weapons fire seems to be sucked in to nothing, disappearing, and never touching the ship itself. This is the standard energy shielding. The magnetic shielding simply redirects solid projectiles away from the ship, and the absortion shielding absorbs the energy from energy weapons fire and redirects it into the power systems of the ship. Safe-gaurds shunt power that would overwhelm the ship's systems out the back of the ship near the engines.

Last edited by Commander Ant on Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:08 pm; edited 6 times in total
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

PPT Burvkar Empty Re: PPT Burvkar

Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:41 pm
Kewl, looking forward to more description Smile
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:49 pm
Tommarow, hopefully tommarow. I am looking forward to writing the stats! Razz
Kojan
Kojan
High Admiral (CIR)
High Admiral (CIR)
Faction : Caldera Imperial Republic

Character sheet
Faction:
Species: Human
https://phoenixcommandgroup.rpg-board.net/

Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:44 am
Reminds me of a beetle or something; the way the hull plate is curved, it looks like a shell. Like Dino said, I too look forward to a description.
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:43 pm
Well it's not supposed to look like that. Razz

I would be putting the description up right now, but I recieved Ender's Game today at school and I'm busy reading it. Razz
Lonestar
Lonestar
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:40 pm
Looks good so far, but, gee, how 'bout some more pictures, and maybe an .lxf file?

Whoops...forgot LUCL doesn't allow .lxfs to be posted anymore...

Where do you have your .lxf files again? Razz
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:36 pm
On my thumbdrive. Razz I'll upload them somewhere eventually. Razz I'll also be adding more pictures n stuff eventually. Razz

But, the description's up! But the stats arn't yet.
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:16 pm
That's more like it... now to actually read... Razz

Kewl. That's what I call a warship, is this the PPT version of the bigger badder Defiant? All armor and guns and no plushy cushy mushy frills? Or is that every PPT ship? Razz Anyways, the absorption shields: sound a lot like my own shield tech, which I haven't used for a while.... hmmm... ought to use those again. Anyways (why am I always saying "anyways"?) anyways ( Razz ) she's a cool ship, though she seems pretty powerful for something her size.. of course she is Atnlay... Razz Great work AA, I look forward to the refined stuff. Smile
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)

Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:07 pm
Well...I havbe no idea when you first stated using absorbtion shields, but I started using them somewhers back with my original postings of a few Atnlay ships and then ever since. I think the.....Anoymous.....maybe.....had the experimental version. I don't know. Razz But no, I was not thinking at all of the defiant when I made this, I was more of thinking "HOW DOES RMM MAKE THOSE SLANTS!" I was tyring to do an RMM SW style ship (but not quite so obviously SW styled, just the all the slanting sloaping peices that magically fit perfectly together), I think it has to ahve a certain minimum size though, but as long as my screenshots are at the right angle, you can't see all the gaping holes in the ship. Razz I finally finished it cause I was tired of fighting with it, and threw on the weapons. Razz

But yeah, that's every PPT ship, all armor n guns n speed (always speed, not just armor n guns Razz ), but yeah, theres some plushy cushy mushy, that's usually the rec room somewheres inside the ship though, lots of good music and comfortable furniture and the Atnlay equivilant of cake. Razz But every PPT ship is a warship first, and that means nothing but hard-core all the way. Then some little obscure area unrelated to fighting will end up with a rec room just for an on the side thing, but that never affects the overall design.

Anywho, posting more pics.
Lonestar
Lonestar
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)

Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:41 pm
Now THAT'S better, Muffin Man. Great little ship, if I do say so! I really like the compact designing and the detail.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum