Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Axel Crossbow
Axel Crossbow
Ensign (PCG)
Ensign (PCG)

USS Atlantis Empty USS Atlantis

Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:07 pm
I said I would post this soon, then disappeared. Sorry about that.. The next time I say to expect something soon, don't. Razz

This is the ship I captain, an Altair-inspired speed demon.

These nacelles are heavily based off of the nacceles on SpitfireMad's Mitchell-class USS Spitfire, but I did some internal restructuring to them to make them fit on my pylons.

USS Atlantis GetMedia

Spoiler:

The .LXF:

The Atlantis' unusual shape results in almost all of her mass being in the front half of the warp field, resulting in phenomenal maneuverability at warp. However, the drawback to this design is that much of the volume of the warp field is wasted, resulting in efficiency levels of less than half that of similarly sized starfleet vessels.

For this reason, the Atlantis class will most likely never be produced in large numbers.

The Atlantis' top warp speed is Warp 9.999, (That's down from what I said on the CL.. The ship is supposed to be one of the fastest things around, but what's a realistically high speed with current technology?) with cruise speed at Warp 8.

Despite her short range, Captain Crossbow favors the Atlantis over a more practical, larger ship.

The Atlantis has excellent maneuverability and acceleration at sub-light speeds, due to her five over-sized engines. Top impulse acceleration is 5,000 G, (again, I don't know what a plausible speed is) with average range for a ship this size.

Armaments consist of two phaser strips, one on top and one on the bottom, and two fore and one aft quantum torpedo launcher.

The ship uses fairly strong standard shields, and is clad in .05 inches of neutronium under an inch of ablative armor just in case.

With all these high-performance systems, and a fairly small ship, something had to give. The inertial dampers are not quite powerful enough to compensate for the full acceleration of the Atlantis' engines, and almost never compensate for unexpected loads (such as a nearby explosion) quickly enough. Accordingly, bridge crew are required to use seat belts. There are also many gaps in the artificial gravity, but they are mostly located in maintenance areas. Accomodations are also nowhere near as comfortable as on, say, the USS Talmidon. Razz
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : De-Factioned

USS Atlantis Empty Re: USS Atlantis

Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:47 pm
Oooooooooh! The Bugati Veron of starships, minus the horrible looks. :PI like it! It's a very sleek, very beautiful look! It's awesome! It's just begging for a good background though. :PIf I hadn't just fnished doing some gimp and felt done for the day I'ld take that pic and do it for you......ahh what the heck, I will! Be back soon! Razz

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

There ya are!
Lord General Spud
Lord General Spud
Lord General (MSI)
Lord General (MSI)
Faction : Minotaur Space Imperium

Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:47 pm
Ooooohhh... pretty... I love it! Even though I like Star Wars more than Star Trek, I've always thought the Federation-style starships were the best looking in the universe. A great flagship; nice work!
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:55 pm
Dude... this is absolutely pure awesomeness... I LOVE it! I have but two suggestions:
One, switch out the clock print for a standard gray piece. Two, length the back ends of the pylons (see the Indomitable to get a picture of what I mean) as that (in my opinion) would balance the ship's visual weight.

Now that I found some things to suggest, what more can be said? Besides of course that it's beautiful, extremely cool, and looks AMAZINGLY fast... I love this thing's unique design... WELL done! Man this is one cool ship... it looks SO fast!!! Very Happy
Axel Crossbow
Axel Crossbow
Ensign (PCG)
Ensign (PCG)

Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:56 pm
@Ant: Thanks, nice backgrounds! Glad you like my ship!
@Spud: Thanks! Isn't it lovely that warp physics coincides with aesthetics? Razz
@Dino: Thanks for the feedback.. I'll have to try that. The clock was supposed to be my division insignia, but it does look out of place, doesn't it? Razz
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:26 pm
Ah, I see... that makes sense... we get SO few printed options in LDD. Anyways, great work! This thing looks like it's doing warp 6.5 just sitting there.... Wink
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum