Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Phoenix Command Group
Welcome to the headquarters of theVeil Universe, a unique blend of role-playing and world-building. Join in, pick a side, and engage in one of the most unique fictional universes in existence! Now is a time of creation, exploration, and battle. Come join in the formation of entirely new aliens, factions, and technology!

For our returning veterans who prefer the PCG as imagined in the LUCL, it's still here.

Oh, and before to go― please, grab a sidearm. It gets a bit crazy around here...
Phoenix Command Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Kojan
Kojan
High Admiral (CIR)
High Admiral (CIR)
Faction : Caldera Imperial Republic

Character sheet
Faction:
Species: Human
https://phoenixcommandgroup.rpg-board.net/

TAB-14 "Backlash" Bomber Empty TAB-14 "Backlash" Bomber

Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:05 pm
Spoiler:
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/53xs4srsfg4c2mt/TAB-14_Backlash_Bomber.lxf

The Trans-Atmospheric Bomber-14 "Backlash" (Previously known as the Rackalaow Fighter/Bomber) is the standard bomber of the Imperial Air Forces. It is utterly massive, being as large as the Lightning Hawk Dropship. Despite its size, the Backlash is extraordinarily fast, both in space and in atmosphere, reaching mach 2 in-atmosphere and mach 4 in space combat. The bomber is propelled by seven High Impulse engines, which are powered by six fusion reactors. The cockpit has room for two, one pilot and one gunner. The TAB is also a vertical take-off and landing craft, resting on four under-mounted "feet" that fold out from the bottom of the hull. To exit, the crew crouch through a narrow, low-roofed hallway behind the gunner seat that leads to a small shaft with a ladder. The crew then exits from under the bomber.

Crew:

Armament:
6x Missiles (Various; often armor-piercing variants used against naval ships in space combat, but use of high-explosive is common for in-atmosphere raids)
4x 85mm Auto-Cannon

Armor:
385mm Titanium-Yakaium Grade A Armor Plating

Top Airspeed:
Exo-atmosphere- Mach 4 (3000mph)
In-Atmosphere- Mach 2 (1600mph)

Minifig-Scale Version

I know that, when I posted this originally, many of you wanted me to build a version that was minifig scale. Well, I have, and here it is. Razz

Spoiler:

Last edited by Admiral Kojan on Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:29 pm; edited 4 times in total
Lord Admiral Ariklego
Lord Admiral Ariklego
Lord Admiral (MSI)
Lord Admiral (MSI)
Faction : Minotaur Space Imperium; Greylark Provincial Navy
Location : New Carradock, Imperial Core Territories, MSI Space

TAB-14 "Backlash" Bomber Empty Re: TAB-14 "Backlash" Bomber

Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:25 pm
Woooow, me likey! And, it's- it's- huge...! That's about as long as a Flying Fortress, and due to its "wing" design certainly has much more surface-area/mass. I also like the look and design techniques, though admittedly I'd love to see this built at minifig-scale. Whatever the case, nice work Kojan!
Kojan
Kojan
High Admiral (CIR)
High Admiral (CIR)

Character sheet
Faction:

Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:09 pm
UPDATE: A new minifig-scale version of the Backlash is available to view below the original information in the top post. The .lxf has also been updated.
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : De-Factioned

Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:11 pm
Have I ever told you how much I am constantly disgusted by your ability to make extremely great pictures for your models?

That said, I love the mini-fig model! Perfect! Great up-scaling for the mini-fig without ruining the model! I have only two criticisms. 1. For fins on the missiles like in the smaller version, I think you should add real fins of some sort instead of just using a large cone section. 2. 150mm cannons is kinda excessive. An M1A1 Abram's uses a 105mm cannon. I think something along the lines of 100mm or 80mm would be better, plus you can hold alot more ammo and not knock the bomber around too much while firing them bad boys. Razz

Oh, and I'm going to try to get the Yaka Industries Predator MK IV uploaded, and I'm going to rework the MK II and finish the MK III when I can.
Kojan
Kojan
High Admiral (CIR)
High Admiral (CIR)

Character sheet
Faction:

Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:46 pm
This photo was really, really hard to make, as Photoshop crashed on me four times before I could save work, so it took forever. Razz

I knocked down the AutoGun size to 85mm, which seems to be a pretty good size (you were right; 150mm is ridiculous Razz ).

This model was not easy to make. The front nose and cockpit were really, really difficult to get just right, and don't even get me started on the model's underside. Razz Nonetheless, I do think it came out decently, and I'm really proud of that. I'm terrible when it comes to minifig-scale creations. Razz
Forge
Forge
Recruit (No Affiliation)
Faction : De-Factioned

Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:40 pm
I hear you on the crashes. Razz Well even though it was tough it came out looking great!
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:22 pm
Kojan, I am sending to a bill for my trip to the ER due to cardiac arrest attributed to viewing your work.... (JK)

What can be said here? It's awesome? That simply falls utterly short of doing anything near justice to this fig-scale vessel. You have blown me away? It's already been said. You have serious talent? If I told you how good your work is, you'd get an ego as big as your creations. Razz I'll leave it with just one word in this case:

"W_H_O_A"
Kojan
Kojan
High Admiral (CIR)
High Admiral (CIR)

Character sheet
Faction:

Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:38 am
Thanks, AA. I'm not sure why my computer hates Photoshop CS5. Maybe because my copy isn't 100% legit...  Suspect 

That you for such high praise, Dino! I had absolutely no idea that the model was that good, not at all. Maybe it was because it was such a frustrating process to build. Razz
Dino27
Dino27
Captain (PCG)
Captain (PCG)
Faction : Phoenix Command Group

Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:19 pm
It's a bit lacking in tiny detail and stunning SNOT work... (not to say it's "bad", just that it's "only" a 4/5 for the ship itself) but it's how you SO perfectly upscaled it from a micro model that has simply blown me away, and pushed it into a solid 5 star piece of work.

And as to your own views on it.. artists are often hard on their own work.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum